Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Schleich Herefords

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Schleich Herefords   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Here they are:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So the first thing is I have a question. I thought they were supposed to be special editions, however they are included in the US catalog (see above) and not any others (confirmed by our lovely Susanne). So are they US special editions (including the anguses) like the brown pelican was a while back? Are they for a limited time (like only January), or only available for the year? Or are they going to be official new releases? I have no answers and I hope someone else can provide them.

On a side note, they are quite nice in my opinion. The different painting I think actually suits the figures better, and the cow is slightly different than the previous one. They have the same body but not the same frontal region (neck and head) [again see above]. Anyways, enjoy.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:43 pm

They look really nice very strange that they are only on the US catalogue, maybe someone can ask Schleich? Congratulations Very Happy

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Congratulations! cheers This is surely a mystery.

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:00 am

Gosh! They're so delicious!  Sad 

Congratulations! And thanks for showing them for us! cheers 

I agree with you, that color looks better and more interesting.

What a pity that they're not available in Eu. Those are beautiful!

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:46 am

Sorry the pics are so bad, my camera still hates me.  Rolling Eyes Thank you guys anyways.  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:48 am

Thanks for sharing and congratulations. Not an official information but almost surely those are regular releases exclusive to US market. You can see it in many other kind of products. Not special editions, Schleich only found that they would be commmercially interesting to USA/Canada and not to Europe. I will remember that Schleich opened new offices in North America last year and that they are bidding high on US market wanting to turn it in their 2nd home after Germany.
If I am not wrong, the rare brown pelican,a repainting of the regular white pelican, was also released only to US market being presented on catalogues for USA and not available in Europe. study Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks Roger. So do you think it will be a permanent a release for a while? or only for a year or two?

Also, anyone who wants to contact Schleich about this please go ahead. I've tried to contact them in the past and they never answered me about those subjects, so if anyone wants to find out for sure and thinks they can receive a response please feel free to do so and share of course.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 am

Very nice additions Paige! Congratulations. I like the Cow very much. I haven't decided if I'll be getting the Bull and Calf yet (I already have the Simmentals), but the Cow is a must-have.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 am

Congratulations!

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:39 am

This is enormously interesting ! bounce bounce Thankyou, Paige  cheers 

And thanks for the comments, Croger  Very Happy 

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks Roger. So do you think it will be a permanent a release for a while? or only for a year or two?

Well, here I need your help once I am not used with Schleich farm cattle. Judging Scott comment, cow is a new mold and other two are reused molds? scratch
If so, reused molds usually have a very short life, thus probably not more than 1 or 2 years on catalogue. Probably Schleich didn't want to invest in many new molds and it is only seeing how these figures go on US market.
If they have good sales, bull and calf will be probably replaced for new molds to join the newer cow.
Of course it is conjectural once I believe not even Schleich knows how long will they keep these figures in catalogue what means that they have probably not a reply to give us. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:36 pm

The cow is only half newish, only the head and neck area are different from the Simmental cow, the body is the same. And the bull and calf are both repaints of the Simenntal bull and calf as well. In the US they may sell well, since Herefords, anguses, and Holsteins are the most popular cows here. I think the figures are really nice, but I'm still confused about the status of their "SE" label.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:48 pm

They are really nice models but alas not for us in the UK or Europe! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I am going to the USA in August on holidays so hopefully may be able to get them then.I assume that Schleich are easily gotten in the USA ,like in the UK and Europe.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 pm

The cow is only half newish, only the head and neck area are different from the Simmental cow, the body is the same. And the bull and calf are both repaints of the Simenntal bull and calf as well. In the US they may sell well, since Herefords, anguses, and Holsteins are the most popular cows here. I think the figures are really nice, but I'm still confused about the status of their "SE" label.

I would expect they would be in catalog for 1-2 years, then fizzle out from there, depending on how well they sell. Clearly they're meant to be a United States only release, but I'm not sure that means they take on the SE label. Maybe they are trying something new, like with the keychains. I saw on the Tractor Supply website that apparently the store closest to me had the keychains in stock. I didn't see them, so I asked a friend of mine that worked at the store. Eventually we found them in a box that just came in, but all they had were the chicks and roosters (two, of course, that I had already). The store was just stocking up the live poultry. The keychains were to be sold in the section with the live poultry and not on the Schleich rack, where the other Tractor Supply store had them (this other store had the rabbit as well as the rooster and chicks, so the keychains were not intended to be part of the poultry sale). Possibly these are being released for retails that sell cattle, or supplies for keeping cattle? It's hard to say. With Schleich, you think you've found a pattern but the next item throws that pattern way out of whack.  Laughing Well, that ended up to be longer than I expected.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:51 pm

They are really nice models but alas not for us in the UK or Europe! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I am going to the USA in August on holidays so hopefully may be able to get them then.I assume that Schleich are easily gotten in the USA ,like in the UK and Europe.

Schleich is very easily accessible, actually #2 on my list (Safari is easiest to be found) but Schleich is the closest. Near me, there is not a good selection of Schleich figures but I assume that is because I don't exactly live in a well-populated area.  Laughing Other places I've been to have a much better selection - one store having retired figures as well as the new line. The Outback Toy Store's brick-and-mortar store still amazes me.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:27 pm

I know this is off topic, but are the Peanuts figures in the US catalog Paige?

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 pm

OK, now I understand better your question and I also noticed that I missed one or two posts from this topic. geek
When a product is made specifically to a certain market It is often called a special edition. It seems paradoxal when compared with what I commented before because I was using the traditional designation of special edition to figures that are not in catalogue.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:12 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Peanuts as in the cartoon? Nope, all there is is the animals, fairies, knights, dinosaurs, smurfs, and scenery packs.

OK, now I understand better your question and I also noticed that I missed one or two posts from this topic. geek
When a product is made specifically to a certain market It is often called a special edition. It seems paradoxal when compared with what I commented before because I was using the traditional designation of special edition to figures that are not in catalogue.
Thanks Roger. I just hope the answer can come soon.  Smile 

Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:32 am

Very nice. I hope schleich will make a new Hereford bull. I have always wanted a company to make a horned Hereford bull with a massive body. All on the market now are nice, but a little skinny. At my local livestock auction, we had a bull that weighed 2,950 pounds. He was so big we had to take out a section of fence to get him in the shoot, and when he did, his nose hit one end of the stall and his tail the other. If a company could make a bull like this, I would defiantly buy it.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 pm

How interesting... So are US and EU catalogues different? Do you know about the horses?

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Peanuts as in the cartoon? Nope, all there is is the animals, fairies, knights, dinosaurs, smurfs, and scenery packs.

Yes, thanks! Very Happy This is strange too, they were at one of the toy fairs but not in catalog or the website. scratch

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:35 pm

How interesting... So are US and EU catalogues different? Do you know about the horses?
I don't actually have an EU catalog, so that previous info came from Susanne comparing and seeing if those cows were in the EU one. So I have no idea, was a specific horse(s) you were looking for differences in the catalog?

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Yes, thanks! :DThis is strange too, they were at one of the toy fairs but not in catalog or the website. scratch
And no problem.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:10 pm

I hope to get an US catalogue, it has happened at least once before. Look for instance [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ezra18

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 am

mine are coming in the mail soon from the US along with the Black Anguses! Can't wait to get them!!
Their beautiful  Very Happy Surprised
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 am

mine are coming in the mail soon from the US along with the Black Anguses! Can't wait to get them!!
Their beautiful  Very Happy Surprised

Congratulations, hwo knows one day Schleich will make some figures exclusively to Australian market. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Herefords   Today at 6:57 am

Back to top Go down

Schleich Herefords
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next