Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:16 am

The Manatee from Schleich, and the one from Maia & Borges are clearly from the same mould, probably both made by M&B.
Seing the new one in the Papo catalogue, I was 99,99% sure that she must be a triplet, but I just HAD to be 100,00% sure  Laughing 

Now I AM sure -don't you agree ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Schleich Manatee has been played with, and she is s little more glossy.

But the two others are exactly the same...only Papo has a bit of paint peeling on her nose  Wink 

No, not exactly . The Papo one has a number on her tail  Laughing 

The names of the "manufacturer" are different, of course :

All are made in Portugal, but M&B does not have a year on her. Very Happy 
Ups ! Schleich Manatee needs a bath  Embarassed 

Very Happy Very Happy

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:44 am

yep they are practically the same mold. but they are all pretty, Susanne.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Congrats Susanne! Now you have a triplet manatee babies. They are so cute, almost like manatee babies.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Congratulations! Very Happy I have to say I'm a bit surprised the colorway is exactly the same - I expected something either lighter or darker than the M+B and Schleich ones. This is going to be difficult to identify them in online auction lots! Laughing

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for sharing Susanne. I find it funny that the Mia & Borges models are so popular for recurring models.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:58 pm

All the same mold indeed.The colors/shader are different Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Haha, they look adorable Susanne, especially from the top view!!  drunken drunken drunken 

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Oh, 3 manatees!! Great Susanne!!

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Very interesting Susanne! Very Happy
HEre is an evidence how Maia & Borges is an important company in this hobby. In 1987, when Schleich went bancrupt, they needed to close some factories and Maia & Borges factory was one of the few that kept working and contributed to save the brand. So, those who love Schleich should remember that if it was not M&B, probably we were not enjoying Schleich figures all these years. Very Happy
Now we are seeing, a 1998 mold that already served Schleich range, being used by another major company as it is Papo. M&B design, is more adjusted to newere concepts that it is AAA. As a comics company, they give a small touch of cuteness that is not always realistic but contributes to turn figures more appealing. Schleich also had that style along these yars.
What means 1401? Is it January 2014? study

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Haha thanks for showing! They're just cool!  cheers 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Thankyou, friends ! I am happy you like my triplets  Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Ohh, yes ! Of course !  Shocked 

BTW, - ( One of?) Papo's Chinese manufacturers has begun with the more modern date-stamp , it seems :

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 am

Very sharp picture to show the clock showing August 2013 as date of production. Quite interesting for a 2014 release. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:04 am

Very interesting Susanne! Very Happy
HEre is an evidence how Maia & Borges is an important company in this hobby. In 1987, when Schleich went bancrupt, they needed to close some factories and Maia & Borges factory was one of the few that kept working and contributed to save the brand. So, those who love Schleich should remember that if it was not M&B, probably we were not enjoying Schleich figures all these years. Very Happy
Now we are seeing, a 1998 mold that already served Schleich range, being used by another major company as it is Papo. M&B design, is more adjusted to newere concepts that it is AAA. As a comics company, they give a small touch of cuteness that is not always realistic but contributes to turn figures more appealing. Schleich also had that style along these yars.

I think Bullyland has always shared that particular aesthetic, also...
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:31 am

Very sharp picture to show the clock showing August 2013 as date of production. Quite interesting for a 2014 release. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Thanks, Croger Very Happy Sometimes me and my little ol' camera are lucky  geek 

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:46 pm

[quote="schleich61"]

M&B design, is more adjusted to newere concepts that it is AAA. As a comics company, they give a small touch of cuteness that is not always realistic but contributes to turn figures more appealing. Schleich also had that style along these yars.

I think Bullyland has always shared that particular aesthetic, also...

You're completely right, Phil! Very Happy Bullyland and Schleich histories were always intertwined as the hairs of a braid. In average, Schleich are more convincent in terms of realism but no doubts the design shares a somewhat similar cooking recipe, only the amount of sugar is different. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Thanks, Croger Very Happy Sometimes me and my little ol' camera are lucky  geek 

If you compare your more recent pictures with older ones, you'll see that you improved a lot, so, I don't believe it is only lucky. No doubts you are learning how to manage these things. flower

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Nice comparison Susanne! I'm really looking forward to getting this Papo model (I don't have either the Schleich or the M&B, so this will be a new sculpt for me.) It's really lovely.

Roger, I like that metaphor (cooking and sugar). Occasionally I like bullyland figures; but often they are too sweet for even my Schleich-ruined rotted teeth.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Roger, I like that metaphor (cooking and sugar). Occasionally I like bullyland figures; but often they are too sweet for even my Schleich-ruined rotted teeth.

lol! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 pm

CONGRATS Susanne for the nice figures. The new manatee is really different of the others... NO, it's not true Wink
However, the manatee by papo has a new family and now they are the triplets Very Happy 

http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:06 am

Well, if one is only looking for sugar, one will find sugar. Hmm, some of their models are strange, or downright ugly, but sugar ?  scratch 

I won't say occasional either, .. have you seen all the forest animals, dogs etc.. ? And insects, snakes, birds of prey..Giraffes, Indian elephants, Mountain-series..

We could point out a few funny Schleich, Papos, CollectAs and even a Safari or two also  Laughing 

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 am

When cooking, sugar is not to turn funny but to turn sweet. Very Happy
To turn funny we usually use... carrots! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safari 1998 black bear

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:13 am

lol! lol! lol! 

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Did someone say carrot?  

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

Hurrayyyyy  cheers  Kristie is back with wonderful photoes  bounce cheers Applause Applause

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Awww, beautiful bunny!  rabbit cheers cheers cheers 

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for sharing! It is nice, but just looks too similar to Schleich's/M&B and isn't as realistic looking as CollectA's manatees so most likely I won't be buying it. I was really expecting it to look more realistic, which is what Papo is known for, and not a "copy".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL   Today at 5:05 am

Back to top Go down

A manatee, a mantee and a mantee LOL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: