Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
widukind
JonasV
Roger
Takama
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition Empty
PostSubject: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:33 am

Ok I was going to post this in my Own Bullyland thread, but I think its special enough to warrant its own thread.

Just two days ago, I received a surprise in the mail.   It was the Prochirotherium from a Museum in Germany. The only way to get this figure was to go to the museum and purchase one of the 2000 made pieces.

Fortunately, there was one man on the Dino Toy Forum who kindly got some from the source, and sold them. One of the people who wanted it was a Shop owner who wanted 40 of them for his customers, and I was one of his Customers.

More info can be found here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now, I don't know much about this. and I cant find much out about this "thing". I say thing because Prochirotherium is not the name of the green creature, but its the name of the foot prints it leaves behind. Yes, in the world of paleontology, almost any trace fossil can get a scientific name. What I do know is that Prochirotherium foot prints were said to be made by a crocodile like creature called a Raiusucian (the same type of creature that Postosuchus is)

Sorry about the tag being so big, but since its a true collectors item, I cant help but leave it on.

bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition 000_7135

bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition 000_7210

bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition 000_7211

bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition 000_7212

Here's the Prochirotherium
bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition 000_7213

and here's the tag, which has some info that I cant read
bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition 000_7214

Does anyone else own this piece? can anyone also translate that tag?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:54 am

It was an excelent idea to open a topic to show it. First congratulations for finding it. I suppose it will be really hard to get this figure. Then, it is great to see that Bullyland continues their cooperations with museums and surprising us with really special editions, real collector itens. Very Happy
I have the procynosuchus! Very Happy In a first moment I really wanted this one, it seems always that there is something atractive in a figure that will turn in something rare but after reading back your post and the other forum threads about it, it is obvious that the animal represented is really not based in anything plausible, so almost a fantasy figure.
However, still a very interesting collectible and it will turn in a funny task to compare it with further representations if more fossile information is obtained. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:26 am

well you can get it from the Shop owner who I got mine from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From there you send a email saying that you want one. Though you might want to hurry. because He only got 40 and I have no idea how fast there selling

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:10 am

Wow! cool Surprised LOve these foot prints Shocked cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Phantastic figurine, i think i will buy this too because it is a prehistoric animal that lived in my area:)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:36 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 pm

I have tried to translate the tag :

Protochirotherium Wolfhagense means "Ancient hand-animal from Wolfhagen", and is the name of fossile tracks of dinosaurs, which were first discovered in 1999 in a sand-quarry near Wolfhagen ( Area Kassel), in the Geopark "GrenzWelten".
These tracks were made by relatives of croccodiles and dinosauers, - the Rauisuchians.

During the age of Buntsandstein, 250 million years ago, these Rauisucians roamed the otherwise almost desert-like areas of the super-continent Pangäa, when they were occationally flooded by the monsune rain .

The tracks in Wolfhagen stem from animals from the size of 30 cm ( Young animals) to the length of 3 meters.

Since then, Protochirotherium-tracks have been found in Poland, Austria, Italy and Marokko.

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Nice catch Takama.
You're lucky to have caught one of the 2000.
A collector's item indeed.
It kind of reminds me of Godzilla on all fours?    pirat 

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Takama wrote:
well you can get it from the Shop owner who I got mine from.

From there you send a email saying that you want one. Though you might want to hurry. because He only got 40 and I have no idea how fast there selling

He is sending one to me  bounce cheers cheers 

Thankyou, thankyou, Takama  cheers 

And thankyou to Roger, who sent me a "Hurry-up-mail" when he saw this topic Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Congratulations! cheers Yes, it is definitely a true collector's item.

And congrats to you too Susanne! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

And thankyou to Roger, who sent me a "Hurry-up-mail" when he saw this topic Very Happy

Laughing You're welcome, Susanne! Very Happy I knew you would be interested in it for sure! flower
Thanks also for your translation and to Takama for sharing these great dino news with us. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:34 am

I was surprised no one posted this here prior to me obtaining one.

Back to top Go down
postsaurischian

postsaurischian

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 am

In Germany the Protochirotherium can be ordered directly from the museum:
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:23 pm

I'd love to have one by September time - close to my birthday!
Otherwise,I don't htink that I could order before
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition   bullyland - Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Prochirotherium, Bullyland Limited Edition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Bullyland :: Bullyland walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: