Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Ertl Collectible Animals Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Does any one remember the Ertl Collectible animals models; they were made around the mid 90's up until the early 2000's. Each set featured one adult an one baby. sets were mostly of different horse breeds but included were also Cattle- both Dairy & Beef breeds- and Dogs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by WolfSpirit-73 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23602

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Welcome here:)

I know Ertl but i dont have any because that was farm animals.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 pm

great! I have them cause I was a farm kid so naturally I'm attracted to farm toys but I'll collect just about any animal :)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator


Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 9946

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:53 pm

I used to have an ERTL set of Cocker Spaniels, the adult and puppy. I sold them on eBay before I found STS.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  LeeAnn  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  /  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
JonasV



Country/State : Finland
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5614

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Interesting... The cows and horses looks nice!

Are these models yours? It would be nice to see closer pics Smile 

_________________
Jonas

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound



Country/State : USA
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4168

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 pm

I would love to get some of those someday...  drunken Great collection there.  Very Happy 

_________________
-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28237

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 pm

I have the Angus bull, - he is great  cheers 

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
persefone



Country/State : Spain
Age : 29
Joined : 2013-12-25
Posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:43 am

I didn't know this brand but these horses look like great!
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:25 pm

jonesee wrote:
Interesting... The cows and horses looks nice!

Are these models yours? It would be nice to see closer pics Smile 

yes these are mine & I'll see what i can do about close ups; sorry for their rough condition; they were well played with.
here is a close up groupe shot of the dogs that I have :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I never fininshed aquiring a compleate line of all Ertl collectible animals before they were discontinued & dissapered for forever  Crying or Very sad 


Last edited by WolfSpirit-73 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada



Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 2687

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:27 pm

They look very nice! Do you have all the existing sets or did they made more?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] // [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
JonasV



Country/State : Finland
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5614

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Interesting... The cows and horses looks nice!

Are these models yours? It would be nice to see closer pics Smile 

yes these are mine & I'll see what i can do about close ups; sorry for their rough condition; they were well played with.
here is a close up groupe shot of the dogs :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wow lucky you! Congrats!

Thanks, I usually don't like dog figurines so much but these are interesting... I guess they're pretty old?
It would be nice to know where did you get them?

Thanks for the pic! I like these a lot bounce ü

_________________
Jonas

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They look very nice! Do you have all the existing sets or did they made more?

they made several sets; the majority came in a blue box similar to this one : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before changing over the Green & yellow John Deere boxes. Sadly I   never compleated my collection before they dissappred for forever  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:36 pm

jonesee wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Interesting... The cows and horses looks nice!

Are these models yours? It would be nice to see closer pics Smile 

yes these are mine & I'll see what i can do about close ups; sorry for their rough condition; they were well played with.
here is a close up groupe shot of the dogs :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wow lucky you! Congrats!

Thanks, I usually don't like dog figurines so much but these are interesting... I guess they're pretty old?
It would be nice to know where did you get them?

Thanks for the pic! I like these a lot bounce ü

they're late 90's - Erly 2000's & have long been discontinued. however you may get lucky & still find some on ebay now & then. Wal-mart was the only big retailer that carried them to my knowledge which is where I had acquired mine. Few local farm supply stores also may have carried them as well.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada



Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 2687

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They look very nice! Do you have all the existing sets or did they made more?

they made several sets; the majority came in a blue box similar to this one : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  before changing over the Green & yellow  John Deere boxes. Sadly I   never compleated my collection before they dissappred for forever  Crying or Very sad 

Ah, that's a pity to hear. But the sets you do have are amazing! Great collection! cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusybusy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] // [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I used to have an ERTL set of Cocker Spaniels, the adult and puppy. I sold them on eBay before I found STS.


i think i remember the cocker spanials :)
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I would love to get some of those someday...  drunken Great collection there.  Very Happy 


Thanks :) try looking on ebay
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have the Angus bull, - he is great  cheers 

thanks :) sadly i lost the calf he came with ages ago Sad
Back to top Go down
JonasV



Country/State : Finland
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5614

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
jonesee wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Interesting... The cows and horses looks nice!

Are these models yours? It would be nice to see closer pics Smile 

yes these are mine & I'll see what i can do about close ups; sorry for their rough condition; they were well played with.
here is a close up groupe shot of the dogs :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wow lucky you! Congrats!

Thanks, I usually don't like dog figurines so much but these are interesting... I guess they're pretty old?
It would be nice to know where did you get them?

Thanks for the pic! I like these a lot bounce ü

they're late 90's - Erly 2000's & have long been discontinued. however you may get lucky & still find some on ebay now & then. Wal-mart was the only big retailer that carried them to my knowledge which is where I had acquired mine. Few local farm supply stores also may have carried them as well.

Okay, that's interesting!
They really are somehow very intriguing...
Thanks for answering!  Smile 

_________________
Jonas

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
stecal



Country/State : dorset england
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 544

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:33 pm

hi found some on ebay if anyone is interested
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Taos



Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-10-03
Posts : 1407

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Great collection there!!!I have a few of these sets myself and remember seeing them on sale in Walmarts in the USA when I was there on holidays in 1990s.I wished now I had bought them at the time as they seemed to be around for only a short period. Sad  Sad I have gotten some sets from Ebay but they are mostly in the USA and postage is expensive! Sad 
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73



Country/State : USA
Age : 27
Joined : 2014-03-17
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Great collection there!!!I have a few of these sets myself and remember seeing them on sale in Walmarts in the USA when I was there on holidays in 1990s.I wished now I had bought them at the time as they seemed to be around for only a short period. Sad  Sad I have gotten some sets from Ebay but they are mostly in the USA and postage is expensive! Sad 

Thanks :) yes sadly they didn't last long here. I'm not sure how long Schleich has been in the US but where I live there's not much in the way of animal replicas being sold out side of the larger cities so its pretty limited & Schleich- which came in shortly before these were discontinued- dominates our largest retailers making these models virtually impossible to track down out side of the internet. & yes postage is expensive Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ertl Collectible Animals Models   Today at 8:48 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Ertl Collectible Animals Models
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ertl Collectible Animals Models
» Farm animals that are in 1/32 scale?
» Charging over knocked down, stunned models
» Space Hulk Terminators 11 models
» Camaro club "All makes and Models" show this Sunday

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: