Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some of my Salamander figures.

Go down 
+21
Florian
NandO
SyLoBe
Geospiza fortis
orcagirl26
Deseo
lucky luke
Roger
Philter4
Joan Milelire
donny ong
Kikimalou
Carola
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Tarunyada
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
arafan
Bonobo
MolarLion
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MolarLion

Some of my Salamander figures. Empty
PostSubject: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Here is a selection of my salamander sculptures.  I sculpt a lot of different things, but salamanders are my favorite because of their expressive faces, colorful pallettes, and fun poseability.  I can basically curl them any way I want and they look right.  Plus they have limited bone structure and texture to worry about getting right which makes them pretty stressfree and quick to make.  I usually spend one evening sculpting them (out of Super Sculpey and coat hanger wire), and one evening painting them (with Apple Barrel craft paint and assorted clear glazes).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Great work Shocked Applause Applause Applause 

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 pm

They look awesome! Very Happy cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 pm

WOW !!!!! affraid 

They are stunning ! I LOVE them  cheers bounce cheers 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:32 pm

WOW! Shocked

These are amazing! cheers cheers

I hope you show some WIP photos of them bounce

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 pm

You made all these sculptures yourself? O.O They look all so realistic and wonderful! Good work! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm looking at the large animals on the one shelf - did you sculpt those too? sunny

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:03 am

Wow, those are cool. Thanks for sharing!  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:25 am

Wow, absolutly phantasic!! Very very good job!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:20 am

They look amazing  cheers Very good models and great paintwork.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 am

Fantastic work  Applause Applause Applause 

I love salamanders and newts, they are so colorful!

You have a wonderful collection  cheers 
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:40 am

Incredible!

Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:04 am

Great models! I love them!  Applause Applause Applause 
And under the last photo shelf there are some prehistoric mammals, isn't it? Are they also made by yourself?

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:22 pm

They are fantastic! Some of the best I've seen!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:41 pm

They look excelent and very realistic to me. I am really impressed that you can performe such great works in a very short time. cheers
Could you please tell us more about them and show more of your works? bounce Very Happy

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:06 pm

widukind wrote:
Wow, absolutly phantasic!! Very very good job!!

cheers Applause Cool Cool 
Back to top Go down
MolarLion

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Wow thanks for all the praise.  It's usually just a hobby I keep to myself so I never get any feedback, and especially none from people who appeciate animal figurines.  To answer some questions:

- yes, I make them all myself.  They're all dated with the species name written on the bottom.

- yes, i actually have tons of in-process photos.  Most of them were taken on my old cell phone and transferred to an external harddrive.  That HD is now packed because I happen to be moving this Sunday.  I have a few random ones accessible to me which I will try to organize and post.

- yes, another big facet of my sculpting life is prehistoric mammals.  I used to not paint any of my figures.  I only started painting with my salamanders.  So all my older prehistoric stuff is in the process of being painted, but they all look sloppy and incomplete to me at the moment.

- I work extremely fast because I am scatterbrained and lose interest in things fast. (I have one non-animal sculpture I've been working on for 6 years now.. once I lose my initial momentum things get put on the backburner and basically forgotten)
Back to top Go down
MolarLion

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Here are some in-process pics I happened to have on my work computer (where I happen to be sneakily wasting time right now).  While this isn't a salamander, it's at least part amphibian (and part avian).  It was a joke piece, but i really love the way it turned out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:20 pm

That is amazing!  Shocked Shocked 

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 pm

That's beautiful! These details are incredible. Great work! And thanks for the answers! If you have time, could you show us some photographs of your finished prehistoric animals? I'd love to see them! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Deseo

Deseo

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Amazing sculptures and paintwork! Your salamanders look so alive. I love how they are full of tiny details. cheers Very Happy 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:05 pm

Laughing This amphavian is crazy! I love it! Very Happy
Thanks for all your explanations and it is great to know that we'll see more from your works! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:08 pm

affraid The salamanders look fantastic!  cheers Applause

It's...a toadurkey? A turoad? A turog? A frogurkey?  scratch It looks great!
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Those are such wonderful pieces. Do you watch wild salamanders?
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:08 pm

They look alive!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Salamander figures.   Some of my Salamander figures. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some of my Salamander figures.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade models-
Jump to: