Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:18 pm

I own this sad, mutilated Schleich-S tiger (one from 2004). I found it just outside Edinburgh when I went on holiday there (around 2010). The sad tiger misses both ears and has many scrapes on his body. It looks like it was attacked by a dog (or a hungry child? scratch) or even hit by a car. I cannot ever leave a lonely Schleich outside on the street, so I took it but never had the chance to repair it. But I really want to let him look like a proud, healthy tiger again!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now my question is: which clay do you guys use for jobs like this? I do have Super Sculpey, but I don't think this is the right clay for this because it doesn't get hard outside the oven. Please let me know what I should use! Thanks!

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:23 pm

The most of the horse costumer use Apoxie Smile

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Oh, the poor thing! Shocked

Apoxie will be far too expensive for such a small project. I recommend using DAS or Creative Paperclay if you can get either in your country. DAS is gritter than Creative Paperclay. Don't confuse Creative Paperclay with paper clay, either. :DAnother option is using super glue in baking soda, like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] However, that will take much more time and it's harder to sand down than with the Creative Paperclay or DAS. I would probably cover the scuffed parts of the tiger (I can't tell if it's just the paint missing, or if it's into the plastic and the original texture is gone?) and retexturing it. I used Creative Paperclay for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] custom dog. :DI hope that helps!

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:43 pm

Thank you very much to both of you!

I'm pretty sure I can get my hands on DAS; I think they even sell it at our local toy stores. I really like this super glue in baking soda idea. Maybe I'll try to do this, just to see how it works out!
Most of the scuffed parts are just paint missing, but there are some places where the texture is gone. There is even a small hole (I guess a dog has bit it there).

Your second link (to your custom dog) is the same as the first link, but I guess you mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you very much to both of you!

I'm pretty sure I can get my hands on DAS; I think they even sell it at our local toy stores. I really like this super glue in baking soda idea. Maybe I'll try to do this, just to see how it works out!
Most of the scuffed parts are just paint missing, but there are some places where the texture is gone. There is even a small hole (I guess a dog has bit it there).

Your second link (to your custom dog) is the same as the first link, but I guess you mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

You're welcome!

Yes, that's the right link. I fixed it now, sorry about that!  Embarassed 

I can't wait to see this tiger started  bounce 

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:53 pm

I use an air drying one.
The same model I use for my homemede models.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I posted a photo.

I hope I could help you!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Nevermind ^^ By the way, are both DAS and the Creative Paperclay both air drying?

I use an air drying one.
The same model I use for my homemede models.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I posted a photo.

I hope I could help you!  cheers 

Thanks, Bonobo! cheers

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Ohhh, poor thing ! How fortunate that you found him  cheers 

I just can't wait to see how he heals in your hands  bounce Very Happy 

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Nevermind ^^ By the way, are both DAS and the Creative Paperclay both air drying?

Yes. Both are basically the exact same thing except DAS has a grittier texture. I believe DAS also comes in white and red, whereas Creative Paperclay is white only. Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Oh, you did a good job when you saved this cutie! She's still very beautiful withe those injuries but you're right maybe she would be nicer with a new coat an ears… I've heard that Apoxie is a great clay but if u want cheaper option try to use Das-clay. I like the white one.
I'm very interested in to see her ready, Julie Smile Smile 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks again, everyone! cheers

I bought a pack of white DAS clay today, so I hope to get started at this tiger this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it and ofcourse I'll show you all the progress!

I think I heard of Apoxie before. I watched some taxidermists doing their job and I think they used it as well. Maybe I'll try Apoxie as well, some day!

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:28 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

She-Wolf

Country/State : Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:41 pm

Oh gosh! Poor guy. One time at a hobby store, I saw two horses missing tails and one missing an ear.
Please keep us updated on him! I wanna see how he turns out when he's better.  Wink   pale 

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:45 pm

bounce I thought there was an updated photo of this guy on here when I saw a new post. Laughing

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Oh gosh! Poor guy. One time at a hobby store, I saw two horses missing tails and one missing an ear.
Please keep us updated on him! I wanna see how he turns out when he's better.  Wink   pale 

Hey me too! And I asked to get 50% off so they sold it for me Very Happy  Just a few days ago saw the holstein bull without an ear so I thought to ask again Laughing Maybe when I will get back there!

I'm also very excited to see this one ready bounce 

Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:28 am

I like seeing restorations like this. They usually end up looking better than the original factory piece. I hope he turns out well.  bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:25 pm

How's this guy coming along? Wink

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am

Sorry for letting you wait, guys! I haven't had much time for STS lately. I have a lot on my mind, especially about school.

I haven't started painting this guy yet, but I did fix his coat with DAS clay. I still have to restore the ear. It's at my other home at the moment, but I'll try to show you some pictures soon. And I hope to continue this project very soon. Thanks for all your interest!

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Tue May 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Take your time! = ) I know and believe everyone else too, how much school takes your time…

But here's no hurry Very Happy
Well, I'm still super excited to see how she'll look like sunny bounce

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Tue May 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Can't wait to see her!  cheers 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom   Today at 12:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Tarunyada's Mutilated Schleich-S Tiger Custom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1