Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?

Go down 
+7
scot(t)
DaveScriv
NightLioness
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Tarunyada
LeeAnn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? Empty
PostSubject: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 pm

I love reading about all your amazing finds at flea markets and yard sales. I, of couse, find junk, and no animal figures. Laughing

So share with us, what is the best figure you found at a flea market or a yard sale? :DYou decide - was it the price, the figure itself, the condition? What makes it the best figure you found?

Edit - antique stores count too Wink

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Hmm. I have to think about this Razz I am very fortunate to find great figurines almost everytime I visit flea markets. I found lots of older Schleich-S. But I think my favourite find is the oldest Schleich wolf (14223). I know it isn't that hard to find when you search on the internet, but I was looking for it for a long time. I was at a flea market with my mother and I told her I really wanted to find this model, and that same day we found it! I'm not sure how much it costed, but it wasn't extremely expensive. It was just very funny that we were talking about it earlier that day.

Lovely topic, 4U. I'm looking forward to read all the other stories! cheers

What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? Manatee_icon1What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? Tiny_heart_emoticon_by_gasara-d79d7v1Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? Manatee_icon2
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:45 pm

I've found all sorts of good stuff at antique stores, yard sales, and garage sales. There's an antique store in the town that my sister lives and I find some great breyers every time we go. They aren't in the best condition, but to me it gives character that they had a child who loved them. I also find some good things that I trade with members on the forum from yard/garage sales and I've gotten some good stuff in return for those. Mostly the things I find are pretty cheap and in decent condition, with a few figures being almost as good as new.
By the way, great topic. I love hearing stories like this too.  Very Happy 

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:45 pm

For around 3 years i saw on Collectors Quest a pic of the K&M red river hog and the next weekend i found it on a flea market in the town. I only found it later 3 times again but this was my best find.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:18 pm

This is a really good topic 4U  cheers Me and my boyfriend Martijn are visiting flea markets, second hand shops and antique shops regularly. I think it is the most awesome feeling to find an animal, or animals, in a place you never know what to find. I also look for WNF and Anna Club animal plushes and books with illustrated drawings of animals. I have found several great animals: Bullyland Frisian, Schleich old fox, Schleich old Oehoe. But my two greatest findings are the old Schleich anaconda and the Safari Montery Bay bottlenose dolphin. I can't wait for the upcoming Kingsday flea markets Very Happy We are gonna leaf early, and I hope to go to 3 different places.

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

On an outside mixed stuff stand at one of the Shepton Mallet fleamarkets: a Britains lead Ayrshire cow in not perfect, but pretty good condition for UK£3.50p

The lady seller said to me, "You do realise its made of lead, and won't let children play with it? I was wondering whether to bring it at all."

I assured her that no children would be allowed to get anywhere near it.

I didn't tell her that perfect condition examples of this lead cow are worth about £120, and this one (not perfect, but not bad) was still worth at least £50, maybe more.

I also bought the Ayrshire bull to go with it, and same value range, at another Shepton Mallet event. Better condition, so worth more, maybe £80+, but cost a bit more, £10.

At another Shepton Mallet fleamarket, also from a general dealer, I bought a bunch of stuff for £15, including the John Hill Co greenhouse, which is usually a £100+ item.

As you may imagine, I try to get near the front of the queue at opening time at these events.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:12 am

I love reading this thread. All the stories are interesting. (I wish I could contribute myself, but I've never found anything good at a flea market or yard sale. Sad.)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 pm

scot(t) wrote:
I love reading this thread. All the stories are interesting. (I wish I could contribute myself, but I've never found anything good at a flea market or yard sale. Sad.)

Laughing Laughing You're not alone!

Julie, can you go to a flew market for me saying that you want to find the Schleich brown pelican, superpinto, and the superbeagle and get them for me?  scratch Laughing Laughing Laughing 

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Well, I usually don't find anything but maybe a year ago I found
these:D 

What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? D86b3910What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? Mrpz7q10

Not my photos sorry Razz 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
Ma650

Country/State : Danmark

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:00 am

I once stumbled upon an old schleich saint bernard!  Smile 
And the best thing was, that i wasn't really looking for anything..
It is this model: https://2img.net/h/i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/woofgallopaj/woofgallopaj002/sb_zps565251d0.png
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Ma650 wrote:
I once stumbled upon an old schleich saint bernard!  Smile 
And the best thing was, that i wasn't really looking for anything..
It is this model: https://2img.net/h/i145.photobucket.com/albums/r214/woofgallopaj/woofgallopaj002/sb_zps565251d0.png

Good find! cheers Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 pm

At the last fleamarket I got a handful of Schleich-Minis and a Shire Horse-Video. Next fleamarket is on Saturday - let's hope for some more goodies (wouldn't mind a Superpinto  Laughing )
What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? VAm0e

What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? A36Sz
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Nice catch Simone! Good luck with the Superpinto lol!

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Yes, indeed nice haul! This video is surely interesting!
Good Luck From Finland Too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 11:41 pm

Last week I found the old Schleich bat from a thrift store. It was in a toy bag that cost 2 €, so I practically got it for nothing. It's not in perfect condition, since someone has written the letter M under its wing by black felt tip pen. And since there's paint on that area, I don't know if there's a way to clean it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?   What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the best figure (or figures) you found at a flea market/yard sale?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: