Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Larami animals in my zoo

Go down 
+5
JonasV
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
sauroid
widukind
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The Larami animals in my zoo Empty
PostSubject: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 pm

here my new Larami shark, a bonnethead shark, a Port-Jackson shark, a sand tiger shark and a sand bar shark

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

a few more sharks i have for a trade

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 pm

oh so the horn shark and bonnethead shark (which i also have) are Larami. they arent marked as Larami... cool sharks Andreas
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Great sharks! Congratulations!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 4:54 pm

I never heard of that brand before , - WOW ! CONGRATULATIONS  bounce cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:35 pm

sauroid wrote:
oh so the horn shark and bonnethead shark (which i also have) are Larami. they arent marked as Larami... cool sharks Andreas

Oh no, i found the same like yours a month before, that are made in china models- and now we know the original (or not?)  Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Many many thanks friends

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Good figures Andreas! Very Happy 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 pm

widukind wrote:
sauroid wrote:

Oh no, i found the same like yours a month before, that are made in china models- and now we know the original (or not?)  Very Happy 
indeed Andreas. tho the china copies look great too.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:31 am

sauroid wrote:
widukind wrote:
sauroid wrote:

indeed Andreas. tho the china copies look great too.  Wink 

Absolutly :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:31 am

Thank you Jonas:)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Are they for trade? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Where exactly did you get them, just by curiosity?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 am

Fantastic sharks, and rare species. I hope to hunt some down sometime as well.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 2:54 am

widukind wrote:
sauroid wrote:

I had the original full sets over 2 years ago, they were definitely Larami--so that would be the original!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Where exactly did you get them, just by curiosity?

Any years ago i found the on ebay

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Larami was founded in 1947. It started as a manufacturer that made toys that were not expensive, available in convenience stores. But soon, this manufacturer got contracts to make toys representing characters from TV shows: Batman, Planet Of the Apes, Star Trek, CHiP's,  Knight Rider and so on.

The company was bought by Hasbro in 1995, but the company kept its name and their products were still labeled "Larami Inc.". In 1997, when the company released its wonderful sets of Whales (on Scale) and Sharks (on Scale), "Larami" was marked on the boxes and figures. In 2002, Hasbro completely assimilated Larami and the name totally disappeared. So, the Larami Whales and the Larami Sharks (as well as the Larami Dinosaurs, for those who are Lucky enough to own them) deserve to become looked after collectibles, just like retired Safari ltd or Bullyland figures. The Larami Whales can be seen on the last picture of the column.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:21 am

Very interesting Information. Have you any species names for me, the sharks i know

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 7:41 pm

I will name you the species of the whales:
- Beluga
- Narwhal
- Pilot Whale
- Grey Whale
- Killer Whale
- Northern Bottlenose
- Black Right Whale
- Bowhead Whale
- Humpback Whale
- Sperm Whale
- Finwhale
- Blue Whale
Back to top Go down
FluffySlipers

FluffySlipers

Country/State : Wiltshire,

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Beautiful models, full of movement.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:35 pm

FluffySlipers wrote:
Beautiful models, full of movement.

Actually, I always thought them as being rather rigid. Laughing Actually, the most interesting feature of the Whales set and the Sharks set is that they represented the species in scale with each other (of course, the whales being in scale with the other whales and the sharks in scale with the other sharks). Not only that, but each box included a poster of all the species (once again, whales with whales and sharks with sharks) drawn in a column, from the smallest to the biggest, a diver drawn besides the biggest species of each set. And on the posters, informations were written about each species represented and this, in four different languages (English, french, german and spanish). I still have two whales posters (for some reason, I just cannot find my third one anymore... what in the world did I do with it?). The animals themselves are not the most accurate in the world, of course... yet, I feel respect for the huge effort done by this company who was not even specialized in wildlife.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I will name you the species of the whales:
- Beluga
- Narwhal
- Pilot Whale
- Grey Whale
- Killer Whale
- Northern Bottlenose
- Black Right Whale
- Bowhead Whale
- Humpback Whale
- Sperm Whale
- Finwhale
- Blue Whale

Thank you very much :)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 8:11 pm

And here is the poster that came in each of the three boxes.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 8:20 am

Thanks again :)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Does anyone here have the poster that came in the sharks boxes?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Does anyone here have the poster that came in the sharks boxes?

I dont have it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Larami animals in my zoo   The Larami animals in my zoo Empty

Back to top Go down

The Larami animals in my zoo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next