Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bent horse legs (issues)

Go down 
+8
trevok4
Carola
widukind
SUSANNE
sortepletter
LeeAnn
arafan
Ma650
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ma650

Country/State : Danmark

Bent horse legs (issues) Empty
PostSubject: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Well, for a couple of weeks ago i bought the 2011 (i think) fell pony stallion, and when i got home, i discovered that his front legs were all crooked.. I wrote to schleich, and sent a couple of pictures, who answered pretty quickly, and promised to send me a new pony, which i received today.
The "problem" is, though, that i also sent a picture of my shire mare who also had some slightly crooked back legs, and i also received a new shire-mare-model, but this one's back legs are far worse! And also the fell pony's front left leg, is a bit bent, but not badly..
The question is, have any of you guys expierienced that your schleich had crooked legs, and what did you do? I'm not really sure i should write to them again, since they have already been so nice..
 Smile 

- Emma
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Hello and Welcome here Emma! Very Happy
The fell pony stallion is from 2013.
Can you please show us pictures of them? I don't haven't never seen this problem yet. Smile

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 5:40 pm

Welcome here!

Your best bet is to heat up the legs with a hair dryer and gently pull them back into place. You can also try sticking some cardboard between the legs and wrapping a rubber band around. Good luck!

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi Emma,
to straighten your Schleich horse's legs just dip them in hot water. They get soft when heated. Straighten them up und hold them unter the  cold tap to harden. That should do the trick Very Happy
edit: 4U was faster then me - the hairdryer is a good idea too
Back to top Go down
Ma650

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Thank you! :)
I tried bending a schleich rabbits ear, once, though by putting it in hot water, but after it cooled down (even though i held it in place until it was cold) it ended up going right back to its original position..
But i'll try with the horses legs though! :)

The fell pony's front legs look like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 12:36 am

Hello and welcome here Ma650 Very Happy

HOLY HAMSTER ! That is really a badly bent leg on that pony  Shocked 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 1:21 am

Welcome here Emma:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 1:31 am

Welcome here Emma  Very Happy 

One of my Shire Mares, she has also a bend hind leg, the poor Sweetheart  Sad 

I've tried several times the hot water method to fix her, but her leg always seem to bend back.. Maybe I should try the hairdryer method on her.

I think it is really nice of Schleich to send you new models  Very Happy 

Ma650

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 2:16 am

I agree, it is very nice of them! I just thought i'd write to them, since i've never experienced anything like it before.. :)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 6:02 am

Same here - I've never seen anything that bad. But, I don't think it's bad enough to be unfixable with the hairdryer. Smile

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 am

welome here

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks  Smile 

I guess I'll try the hairdryer, then! :)
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:50 am

I have bend horses there leggs with hot (not boiling) water in a plastic bag.
I you boile water and then you let is cool down, after that you pour it in to a plastic bag.
After that you just put it on the legg that you want to reschape.
After a few seconds its completly moveble and you can bend the leg (ore anthing else)
if you have te right position you can make it hard with (ice) cold water.
I Always use a stick ore wire to secure the new position for a wile.

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:42 am

Looks pretty odd scratch Hope you can do something to help him Neutral 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Same here!  Razz  The I tried with the hair dryer and the leg of the fell pony got rid  Sad  I repaint it and sale her  sunny 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*

Last edited by Elros Alvar on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ma650

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Wow! I guess there's many things to try!
Thanks for the advice :)
Back to top Go down
Thylacineotway

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 am

I would buy 2013 -14 horses from a shop so then you could see if there was anything wrong with them.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Thylacineotway wrote:
I would buy 2013 -14 horses from a shop so then you could see if there was anything wrong with them.

That's what I usually wanna do but if u wanna Made in Germany-or Portugal horses in Finland u should buy all from online shops silent 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bent horse legs (issues)   Bent horse legs (issues) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bent horse legs (issues)
Page 1 of 1