Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coleman's Vitacup animals

Go down 
+12
Lennart
Taos
SUSANNE
Roger
Tiermann
JonasV
Ana
smallscaleworld
Bonobo
widukind
DaveScriv
Kikimalou
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 5:40 pm

What is material, ivory or plastic?

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:48 am

widukind wrote:

Plastic, Widukind; but very much in the style of carved ivory, and in an 'Ivorene' plastic. I picked up a rabbit today at the Plastic Warrior show here in the UK, which seems to be a scale-down of the hare/rabbit in this set, and in the same plastic, but I have to compare before I know for certain!

I originally thought the may be the Siku ones, and some of the poses are similar, but these are deliberately matt (lots of chalk, or sizeing in the mix) the stuff Siku was supplying to the margarine and tobacco companies (&etc.) was a glossy-shiny plastic.

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 9:21 am

smallscaleworld wrote:
widukind wrote:

Plastic, Widukind; but very much in the style of carved ivory, and in an 'Ivorene' plastic. I picked up a rabbit today at the Plastic Warrior show here in the UK, which seems to be a scale-down of the hare/rabbit in this set, and in the same plastic, but I have to compare before I know for certain!

I originally thought the may be the Siku ones, and some of the poses are similar, but these are deliberately matt (lots of chalk, or sizeing in the mix) the stuff Siku was supplying to the margarine and tobacco companies (&etc.) was a glossy-shiny plastic.
Thank you very much :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 5:23 am

Now that i saw them again, i recognise some models from Jean Höffler, the pheasant at lest, that is why Andreas has the brown one, which i have also in a kind of orange-brown.
The hare does look familiar also.
But as we know, a lot of the manufacturers copied eachother in those times, and even now... Shocked

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 5:25 am

Jean Höffler pheasant

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Jean_Hoeffler_Fazant_1

Jean Höffler hare

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Jean_Hoeffler_Haas_1

They are not completely the same, but near...
Look at the squirrel above...

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Jean_Hoeffler_Rode_Eekhoorns_1

And when you turn those wild boars around...

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Jean_Hoeffler_Wilde_Zwijnen_1

Aaaarrrgggg, i know they are not the same, but somewhere rings a bell, but i can find it right now...

smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 3:02 pm

I think the term you're looking for is 'influenced by' Willy! Or...'after the work of' cheers

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Yes correct Hugh! Applause

smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 2:55 am

Following a contribution to the Blog, I tried to list them all and it doesn't make much sense...

Blog Listing

If you split the birds and ignore the slightly different coloured sheep in my collage here (above somewhere) and count the two deer variants as one, you can 'make' three 'groups' of: 10 domestic/farm, 10 woodland and 15 wild (with the three wise monkeys), but it's all a bit of guesswork.

Does anyone have a better listing? scratch

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm

I find these vintage animal figurines series really nice, but I find it so hard to get mine apart. I have these four figurines, are they Vitacup? I think I have more like these, other species. Will take a look when I'm home again.

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Calf1
Calf

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Red_Deer_Stag1
Red Deer Stag

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Roebuck1
Roebuck

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Roe_Deer_Doe1
Roe Deer Doe

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 5:51 pm

I am not sure if that are Vitacup. I would say no, because the figurines that i bought as Vitacup have a other paint, a little more yellow.

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 pm

widukind wrote:
I am not sure if that are Vitacup. I would say no, because the figurines that i bought as Vitacup have a other paint, a little more yellow.

Thanks for your insight, Andreas! Smile I'm curious what the other vintage experts have to say scratch

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
I find these vintage animal figurines series really nice, but I find it so hard to get mine apart. I have these four figurines, are they Vitacup? I think I have more like these, other species. Will take a look when I'm home again.

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Calf1
Calf

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Red_Deer_Stag1
Red Deer Stag

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Roebuck1
Roebuck

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Roe_Deer_Doe1
Roe Deer Doe

I think they are SIKU Wink
Back to top Go down
junglejim

Country/State : USA/Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 12:22 am

From what research I've been able to find using the actual boxes from Vitacup that lists the various figures in each series there are 12 figures per set and not really categorized by Farm, Forest and Wild animals. Here is how they break down.
First series (with blue colored boxes): Lamb, Crane, Duck, Poodle, Bulldog, Hare, 3 wise Monkeys, Cat, Scottish Terrier, baby Deer (head down), Horse, and Elephant (baby calf)
Second series (black & yeallow boxes): Lion, Lioness, Rhinoceros, Giraffe, Camel, Impala, Bison, Elephant, Kangaroo, Pelican, Eagle, Reindeer (actually red deer stag)
Third series (? color box): Pheasant, Penguin, Fawn (standing), Squirrel, Fox, Foal, Wild Boar, Bear, goat (Note this is only 9 figures. A 10th figure may be a Roebuck but without a box listing the series no way of knowing for certain and these include the figures that remain that do not appear listed on boxes of the first 2 series.
I have photographs of the blue box series and black/yellow box series but haven't figured out how to post photographs on this site yet.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 am

Welcome back my friend

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 8:14 pm

Welcome back Jim, it's good to hear from you cheers

I pictured all the Vitacup I have for TAW HERE

Could you make pics of the missing models ?

I reorganized the page with the information you have just given us.

I have the Roe deer pic but not the other unknown ones, maybe they don't exist ?

If you want to post pics on STS, the best solution is to use Postimage as a host (it is free) or use the host an image button on the toolbar. The main problem with the second solution is that your pics could disappear when our Image host is full alas.
Back to top Go down
junglejim

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 5:18 am

Now that I think I've learned how to post photos here are some of complete sets of 12 of 2 of the series as stated on the original boxes that were attached to the Vitacup products and a partial set of a 3rd series. An article in Plastic Warrior from the UK stated these were distributed between 1963 to 1966 which is nice to have a closer window of time when they were available. The partial set with only 9 figures is missing a roe deer buck and I believe there was a reclining sheep but not sure what the 12th figure was and without any reference of the original box container I can't say for certain. Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Img_4810
Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Img_4810
Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacu10
Back to top Go down
junglejim

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 5:20 am

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Img_4812
Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Img_4811
Back to top Go down
junglejim

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 5:21 am

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Img_4813
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Thank you for sharing these wonderful sets junglejim! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 1:28 pm

those pictures are surely useful and a good reference for other collectors.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 1:37 pm

Here is the Roe buck

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Roebuck
Back to top Go down
junglejim

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 3:20 am

Thank You to all for your comments. I will attempt to use Postimage for images in the future although much of this technology is still alien to me (still have scabs on my knuckles). Normally I load my photos into a photo file which automatically opens and I can select from there whenever I make these posts. I've had no success at loading photos on TAW and can offer many photographs to fill in the gaps from my personal collection - the Siku moose (European Elk) as just one example - and several from groups with little or no information like the Childcraft African black rhinoceros and hippopotamus that are breathtaking figures akin and pre-dating the Marvel Trading Corp. figures. So please bear with me and again - great to share these.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 8:17 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Here is the Roe buck

Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Vitacup_Roebuck

What a beautyful model cheers

It looks like it has been cut out of a piece of birch wood with a very sharp knife Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coleman's Vitacup animals   Coleman's Vitacup animals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coleman's Vitacup animals
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next