Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Count Blue: Handmade animal figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:17 am

Guys,
Somebody found a wonderful japanese company called Count Blue. They've got the most wonderful array of animals, including flying lemurs, babirusas, snakes, frogs... can anyone help with the language? Here's the site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Guys,
Somebody found a wonderful japanese company called Count Blue. They've got the most wonderful array of animals, including flying lemurs, babirusas, snakes, frogs... can anyone help with the language? Here's the site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you for the link:)

And have you not a Google translator or the bing translator?

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 am

I love the Fennec!!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 am

i love this babirusa Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 am

WOW! So many beaytful and charming models, - look at the otter  cheers 

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 am

Yes, I do, but those translators are not precise nor trustworthy. If I want to order something, I need to fully understand exactly the transaction.
Guys,

Thank you for the link:)

And have you not a Google translator or the bing translator?

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Great models here!

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Great models here!

Agree! Shocked cheers cheers 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Hello guys!
I'm part of a Facebook group of animal miniatures collectors, and a guy named Ervin Quizon wrote the following:
guys i was able to e-mail Jiro, the artist who makes this.Good news is he accepts orders...Bad news its quite pricey and waiting time for orders is 2 years.
Quite pricey means the clouded leopard alone is 40000 JPY.
Anyway, if there's anyone interested, the artist's e-mail is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Hello guys!
I'm part of a Facebook group of animal miniatures collectors, and a guy named Ervin Quizon wrote the following:
guys i was able to e-mail Jiro, the artist who makes this.Good news is he accepts orders...Bad news its quite pricey and waiting time for orders is 2 years.
Quite pricey means the clouded leopard alone is 40000 JPY.
Anyway, if there's anyone interested, the artist's e-mail is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you again, the figurines are phantastic cheers but you are right, the prices are heavy Sad 

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:05 pm

Yes, I do, but those translators are not precise nor trustworthy. If I want to order something, I need to fully understand exactly the transaction.

This is quite true - web translator sites cannot even begin to accurately translate from Japanese (or Cantonese/Mandarin) to other languages, in part because those are the only three languages which do not have an alphabet... Shocked Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Thu May 01, 2014 7:56 pm

The clouded leopard is equal to almost $400 USD  Shocked And 2 years waiting time?!  affraid 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Then again, they aren't mass-produced toys, are they. They're handbuilt unique sculptures with similarly hand-applied multiple-stage finishes. If the clouded leopard, for instance, were cast in metal and sold stuck on a nifty plinth, the $400 might suddenly appear only reasonable. I'm just saying, perception has a lot to do with how a piece is valued.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Sat May 03, 2014 10:10 am

Guys,

As our dear Pangolina said: "This "COUNT BLUE" is run by one Japanese mold maker named Mr. Jiro Miura, who live in Kyushu.
He makes his every works out of pre-colored clay, and doesn't make any casting mold.
So, it means that he never paints his works (even marbled ones), and every models he made is one and only.
"

It explains the prices ad the delays  Wink 

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Sat May 03, 2014 11:08 am

Well jeez.. then it's even more work that goes into their finish than just painting them would take! Explains the price very well indeed. I'm suddenly in awe of that chap's eye for colour.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Sat May 03, 2014 6:26 pm

The price does seem worth it if everything is hand sculpted and painted. I just never expected something so small to be that expensive.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Sun May 04, 2014 10:33 am

The price does seem worth it if everything is hand sculpted and painted. I just never expected something so small to be that expensive.

They are indeed not painted... The artist used a different clay for each colors  Wink 

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Mon May 05, 2014 6:15 pm

They are indeed not painted... The artist used a different clay for each colors  Wink 

Oh okay, thanks!  Smile Then I'd say it's definitely worth the price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count Blue: Handmade animal figures   Today at 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Count Blue: Handmade animal figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1