Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What was your first animal figure?

Go down 
+14
orcagirl26
animalluvr6
DaveScriv
Tarunyada
NightLioness
LeeAnn
JonasV
TheLastStardust
WILLYBACOMAN
aandmkw
Sapphire
Kikimalou
Wildheart
widukind
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What was your first animal figure? Empty
PostSubject: Show Us Your first animal-figurine   What was your first animal figure? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 am

This is one of my first animals- it was a farm set (i dont know where the other are. Only the collie is in my collection-but with a brother.
I became this set easter 1979.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am

I can only remember my first handpainted animals,but not my first animal toys...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:34 pm

The first animal I can remember... drunken I love you king

Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:55 am

widukind wrote:
This is one of my first animals- it was a farm set (i dont know where the other are. Only the collie is in my collection-but with a brother.
I became this set easter 1979.

I have this cow! I got it a long time ago! I also had one grazing (for sure) and a calf? I think.
it was one of my first and I use to take it every where with me.
the only thing is I have the black on it repainted again. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://whiterunstables.webs.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:42 am

It is very neat that you still have it. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Nice that you still have this cow Widukind!
I have quit a few from them, as i had Hong Kong copies of Britains long before i had the real Britains models.
I have so many of my models from my childhood, but one i want to share with you, is this Scottish collie, one the most right side of the pic.
The 2 other ones on the left and in the middle are later copies, on which you can see, that the mold was wearing out, and that they lost detail for that reason.
The early Hong Kong and Singapore copies had the same detail as the originals from several brands.

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank everyone!! This is the collie that i mean. But i have 3, and i dont know which figurine was my first dog.

Andreas

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Nice that you still have this cow Widukind!
I have quit a few from them, as i had Honh Kong copies of Britains long before i had the real Britains models.
I have so many of my models from my childhood, but one i want to share with you, is this Scottish collie, one the most right side of the pic.
The 2 other ones on the left and in the middle are later copies, on which you can see, that the mold was wearing out, and that they lost detail for that reason.
The early Hong Kong and Singapore copies had the same detail as the originals from several brands.

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:07 am

I still wonder which brand made the original for this collie... scratch Rolling Eyes
I never saw another brand which had this dog in their lines... scratch

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:33 pm

Hey all!  cheers 

I don't know if there's a topic like this allready, but i was just curious about this.

We all sure have big collections, or they are just not big yet, but im sure they are all with great figures!  I love you 
but, we all had to start somewhere  scratch and i tought this was a fun topic to start, so my question is: what was your first animal figure? the one that let you start with this hobby?

mine is this one:

her name is Vidar, she is the chestnut mare by schleich. I once was ill, and the boyfriend of my mom stopped by that day, and gave me to her as a gift because I was ill.  I love you 
I looked at her as a very beautiful toy horse that time, and I played with her alot (thats why she is so damged) but now she is a very important part of my collection!  I love you 

so, whats your very first animal figure??  I love you 

Stardust~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Nice story Dust! Very Happy She's beautiful! sunny 
My story is a bit similar… I started my collection when I was living in South and I had a summer job in some farm… I was picking up strawberries every **** morning! :DSo, I got my salary and I wen to the mall. Well, there was a gray, metallic shelf filled with beautiful animals. Of course the horses catch my eye and I chose  this one:
(I'm glad I got the older variation Wink)
I went back to home and put it on my desk. In those years I played with it many times but he's still here, on my shelf with him friends. I love him = D

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Wow Jonas, I dint know there was an older version!
He's beautiful!  I love you that picture you took of him is beautiful, too!

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Good question, I don't know Laughing

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:15 pm

I have seriously NO idea XD I remember my first encounter with Schleich in a shop, I bought some small animals. But my first in hands, IDK XD

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure what my very first animal figurine was. But I do know which was my very first Schleich I got (knowing it was Schleich-S, because I already had some minis and such, from which I didn't know it were Schleich-S back than): the 1997 black and white rabbit (#13121). I don't have any picture of my own model, but it's this one:

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Lovely first schleich Julie  Very Happy cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Also not much idea - I was playing with them and collecting them since I was a small child, some 55+ years ago! In my earliest memories, I already had quite a lot.

A few of the probable oldest (in my collection since I was a small kid) are in this photo I recently posted in the T&B/FGT/B&S thread, of lead FGT poultry:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

The ones I had back then were green coop in top row, 1st white sitting hen in 2nd row, and the tatty white and brown hens, 1st, 2nd & 7th items in 3rd row. There was also a reddish brown standing hen by Cherilea, which is in the Cherilea thread.

We had (real) hens in the garden, and both grandmothers and several aunts/uncles had chickens too, so I've liked and been interested in chooks for as long as I can remember.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 7:09 pm

My was a collie,

look here, a similar topic

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:59 am

I remember when I went to the dentist I got to pick out one little toy out of the toy chest and of course I always chose the animal figures!Razz However the very first true animal figures I got was the Schleich African elephants Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:46 am

animalluvr6 wrote:
I remember when I went to the dentist I got to pick out one little toy out of the toy chest and of course I always chose the animal figures!Razz However the very first true animal figures I got was the Schleich African elephants Very Happy
Wow! When I was kid there was only stickers and poor lizards what to choose Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:01 pm

I know it was an orca, I'm pretty sure it was the Monterey Bay Aquarium one:

It looked pretty similar to the one above, much different then the one they make now:

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:17 am

Nice first choices everyone!  cheers

Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:20 am

jonesee wrote:
animalluvr6 wrote:
Wow! When I was kid there was only stickers and poor lizards what to choose Very Happy 

I remember at my dentist they had Schleich mini's and me and my sister always picked a goat like this:

but we always lost it, besause we where really little at that time xDD

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:27 am

TheLastStardust wrote:
I remember at my dentist they had Schleich mini's and me and my sister always picked a goat

Haha our dentist had the Schleich-S minis as well. That always was the only fun at going to the dentist :') Now I'm too old to get something, and besides, they haven't got the Schleich-S minis anymore for years. But I always got the minis my brother had chosen, and I found them all back, fortunately! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptyThu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

TheLastStardust wrote:
jonesee wrote:
animalluvr6 wrote:

I remember at my dentist they had Schleich mini's and me and my sister always picked a goat like this:

but we always lost it, besause we where really little at that time xDD

xDDD  Very Happy Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 4:25 am

mine were the zebras. Since then I have been building up my african collection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your first animal figure?   What was your first animal figure? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was your first animal figure?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next