Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

How long it will take a figure to get retired?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tqcenter2002

Country/State : Israel

PostSubject: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Mon May 12, 2014 11:37 am

Hi all,

I have been looking around checking figures and deciding which to buy now and which to buy in the future.
I have seen several figures that has retired and the prices are higher then the others - I know that this means the figure is becoming rare to find that if I want it I'll be getting it right now without hesitating.

My question is - How long a figure gets retired? is it based on the market, or there is a time period before an animal get retired?
Are all Brands the same with retire period?

Even thought the animal is retired it can be found on eBay. Sometimes new figures are better then old one - I have noticed that almost in all figures, But sometimes the new one is worse and in that case I am asking how long it will take to see a new one after that? (Not sure if it worth waiting but nevertheless)

Thanks,
Arye
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm

It's not a matter of how long the figure is in catalog until it's retired, but how well it sells. Schleich discontinued their Heroes line because of having two higher-priced products out from the same line at once, and it was a tough sell. IMHO if you want a figure, and you see it's available, but it then. Why wait? Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Mon May 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
IMHO if you want a figure, and you see it's available, but it then. Why wait? Very Happy

I agree, if you don't buy it right then you may lose your chance and end up paying a pretty penny once it gets retired. Or spend years looking for (if the company maybe only produced it for a year).

Last edited by orcagirl26 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Mon May 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Agree you girls Very Happy That is exactly what happened for me with the eventing horse set.... l silent Very Happy 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Mon May 12, 2014 7:42 pm

jonesee wrote:
Agree you girls :DThat is exactly what happened for me with the eventing horse set.... l silent Very Happy 

I missed that one too, but I didn't buy it originally because it was too expensive. Later I bought it from Torben.  cheers 

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Mon May 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Agree you girls :DThat is exactly what happened for me with the eventing horse set.... l silent Very Happy 

I missed that one too, but I didn't buy it originally because it was too expensive. Later I bought it from Torben.  cheers 
Very Happy Lucky you! Very Happy

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:07 am

I remember how dissapointed I was when I first found out that they retired the schleich animals. I went to buy the animals from the catalogue and they just wern't there at the shop althought I kept going back to look for them. I guess they do need to make room for new ones Smile 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:55 am

Me too !
Many years ago I bought the Schleich Siamese cat. Later I wanted the other cat breeds, and they were gone, and would never be back in the shop, they said  Sad 
Untill then I had only collected Reisler, and they had their range, which they kept for most of my childhood, - those were the days  Laughing 

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:38 pm

I think that Schleich (idk about other brands) announces pretty early every autumn which figures are going to be retired next year. So there will be plenty of time to buy the soon-to-be retired items you want. And even if the figures are no longer produced, they will be available in shops as long as they have stock. Usually the retired figures are easily obtainable through January to March at least, depends on how popular the figure is of course.
I actually saw the 2012 retired Thomson's gazelle fawn and 2013 retired African buffalo calves in a toy shop today...

So when autumn comes, keep your eyes and ears open. Usually the retired figures are listed here on STS as soon as they're confirmed. :)

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:08 am

So the retired figures for next year are listed before they are retired every year!!! Awesome! Whereabouts do they list the figures to be retired? You say autumn Smile So for New Zealand that would probably be spring right? Thats in August.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think that Schleich (idk about other brands) announces pretty early every autumn which figures are going to be retired next year. So there will be plenty of time to buy the soon-to-be retired items you want. And even if the figures are no longer produced, they will be available in shops as long as they have stock. Usually the retired figures are easily obtainable through January to March at least, depends on how popular the figure is of course.
I actually saw the 2012 retired Thomson's gazelle fawn and 2013 retired African buffalo calves in a toy shop today...

So when autumn comes, keep your eyes and ears open. Usually the retired figures are listed here on STS as soon as they're confirmed. :)

I want to second everything that Krista said above.

There's no set length of time that Schleich keeps a figure on the market before they retire it -- it varies greatly from figure to figure. It's also extremely difficult to work out which figures will be hard to find once they've been retired. I've found it to impossible to predict.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long it will take a figure to get retired?   Today at 5:03 am

Back to top Go down

How long it will take a figure to get retired?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1