Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich is sold to a French Company

Go down 
+18
Saarlooswolfhound
Bongo
Tarunyada
Carola
ken yeo
MARTINLATIN
Elros Alvar
NightLioness
orcagirl26
Roger
LukaLeon085
schleich61
JonasV
SUSANNE
arafan
widukind
LeeAnn
75senta75
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Schleich is sold to a French Company Empty
PostSubject: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Schleich is sold again. Here some articles in German newspapers. Please use an translator for your language:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:14 pm

I would say I'm surprised but really I'm not. Thank you for sharing Yvette!
Hopefully this means good things for the company.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks for the news, it is interesting to see what they plan for the future  scratch scratch 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:02 pm

It looks like Schleich will come more and more too toys and not anymore the realistic figures from the past. Sad

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Ohh, no ! One more financing compagny as owner !  Shocked 

Thankyou for the information, dear Yvette :-)

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I would say I'm surprised but really I'm not. Thank you for sharing Yvette!
Hopefully this means good things for the company.
Agree.. Thank you! sunny 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:34 pm

Thank you, Yvette, for this news... Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:46 pm

the buyer is Papo?  Very Happy 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptySun May 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks Yvett for linking that important news. Very Happy
It is to early to take any conclusion about the future of the brand once the new owner is similar to the previous one. :)
The only conclusion we can take is that the brand will follow the same strategy and continue normally what I think that is a good news to traditional Schleich collectors. Very Happy
If it was to Matel or other toys company the risk of these lines to be discontinued was higher.
Interesting to know that although Schleich is best known because of the Smurfs, animals represent by far the biggest amount of sales. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyMon May 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Thank you for the info! Like everyone else said, hopefully this is good news for the company.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyMon May 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Interesting info Yvette, thank you.
Will we see some improvement in the animals this November/December, when the new animals will be shown?

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks for the news!!!  bounce bounce Razz bounce bounce 
I hope new cange of figures like the collecta ones, and beautiful fantasy figures again  bounce bounce cheers 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:14 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Will we see some improvement in the animals this November/December, when the new animals will be shown?

I think that is much to early to expect any change, - they are probably already designed. In 2016, perhaps ?  Very Happy 

MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:01 am

I hope the best for all!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:42 am

SUSANNE wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

I think that is much to early to expect any change, - they are probably already designed. In 2016, perhaps ?  Very Happy 

I agree, Susanne. The 2015 lines are already being developed, I would imagine. I have no idea what the new owners'
plans are, but it is probably impossible that they could be a poor as what the outgoing owners offered...
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:58 pm

schleich61 wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

I agree, Susanne.  The 2015 lines are already being developed, I would imagine.  I have no idea what the new owners'
plans are, but it is probably impossible that they could be a poor as what the outgoing owners offered...

Oh I didn't knew that, thanks for the info Susanne and Schleich61.
Well, we have to wait until 2016 then XD

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyWed May 21, 2014 4:33 am

Thanks for the news! I don't expect to see new development within the first two years. Maybe surprise who know?

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:40 am

Very interesting  Suspect 

Thank you for the news, Yvette  cheers 

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyWed May 21, 2014 11:55 am

Indeed, thanks for the news, Yvette!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyThu May 22, 2014 2:13 pm

The new Owner said,they want to get away from the figure, the only standing around, to toys..so don't expect again "realistic looking"figures or even ANTELOPES, Ha,Ha.I bet, we will get more and more comicstyle and childish style, cute puppies, rabbits, kittens, horses..
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyThu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Bongo wrote:
The new Owner said,they want to get away from the figure, the only standing around, to toys..so don't expect again "realistic looking"figures or even ANTELOPES, Ha,Ha.I bet, we will get more and more comicstyle and childish style, cute puppies, rabbits, kittens, horses..

Sad Sad Sad Sad 

Same as Bullyland's new owner !

The market changes, if we look back.  Rolling Eyes 
Good that we have the "new" brands : CollectA and Mojo !!!!!  And we still have a few oldies and some Asian brands  Very Happy

schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Bongo wrote:

I have a sneaky suspicion that the new ownership wishes to enter the "action figure" market... Shocked Wink Please queue the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again."  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Maybe-they said, they want to procue more licensed lines like Batman etc..Maybe also Starwars-from 2015, every year a new SW movie will come out-so Schleich can amke a lot of Money with Starwars, and next yera, a new Jurassic Park movie Comes out....I could magine, the new owner will stop the animal lines with thee xception of Dinos and Horses...I hope, he will do-the Quality of Schleich is down to a very low and poor Level, so we all could save the Money for These ugly figures and spend it for the really good brands...
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:02 pm

The way I look at it, I'm not entirely disappointed that the brand is no longer focusing on animals. I noticed I rarely buy Schleich anymore, and there are so many factors now that Schleich no longer appeals to me. Quality is gone. Diversity of species is gone. Paintwork is gone. It appears the love and care that was so evident in some of the older figures has vanished. Our new companies like CollectA and Mojo are far surpassing what I've seen in Schleich's older figures, and that's what I'm spending my hard-earned money on. If they do decide to continue with the animal line, so be it. Maybe I'll buy some of the animals, maybe not. I just don't have that excited feeling about their new figures anymore. I'm getting this feeling on our new brands.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company EmptyFri May 23, 2014 5:08 pm

I guess all we can do is hope. For now they will probably keep whatever was being worked on for next years lines just so they have something to put out there. 2016 will be the year we can analyze (and pray rigorously) for a change in a good new direction. However, again its possible that they keep the current quality or make it even worse, depending on their perception of sales and design. For now, I'm hoping that this will change the company for the better. Wink 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich is sold to a French Company   Schleich is sold to a French Company Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich is sold to a French Company
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next