Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Soooo.. I mentioned a few times that I would stop collecting. Well, it did not take too long before I could not resist to buy a model  Razz I was just looking around on facebook and I saw a few toyhorses up for sale. For only 1 euros!! I saw some Schleich there too, I had almost evey single one of them already, and then I saw her..

The brown hanoverian mare from 1995. And she looked so good! I could not leave this beauty there. Picked up my bankcard and yep, I bought her. She was in the mail today, and she looked even prettier! I'm in love with this charming oldie.  I love you

And with her white friend, which I own since I was about 7 or 8 years old!

In the end I payed like 4 euros for her with shipping. But oh, it was worth it! And still so cheap! I'm on a pink cloud right now. Hope I will have more luck like this to complete my collection of oldies. bounce
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm glad you're "not collecting" thing didn't work out very well Wink cheers Congratulations! I hope you continue collecting Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Congratulations  cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Haha good you're still collecting Very Happy
You've got a wonderful model! She looks so good! Big congrats Very Happy

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Such a BEAUTY  drunken 

Good that you have not lost the interest completely  cheers 

Ladytilly

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Congratulations, she's beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Collector's life is really a pain...  cheers 

JackyLovertjex

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks all! bounce Very Happy 
Haha, I could just not leave her! I'm not completely done with collecting, I'm still eager to finish the older models. Not really searching, but if I can do a bargain.. Why not?!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue May 20, 2014 11:41 pm

I see you stopped collecting expensive models and now you're collecting cheaper ones even if they're the same. Good idea. I love also to stop collecting. Laughing Congratulations, it is a beautiful horse. Very Happy

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Wed May 21, 2014 6:45 am

She is beautiful cyclops Very special and rare ! Why stop collecting when collecting can make you fly in pink clouds Wink 

@Roger wrote:
I see you stopped collecting expensive models and now you're collecting cheaper ones even if they're the same. Good idea. I love also to stop collecting. :lol:Congratulations, it is a beautiful horse. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing cheers 

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Wed May 21, 2014 11:57 am

Congratulations with the lovely addition! I was very lucky myself with the same model a few years ago, when it was already retired, but I found it new (with the Schleich-S tag) in my local Schleich-S shop. Such a fine figurine ^^ And welcome back in the collector's life Very Happy

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
JackyLovertjex

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Wed May 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Haha, exactly Roger! Razz
I know Carola.. Ah.. Well, I decided to not buy any more new models. Because I have some more important stuff to spend my money on. Even now, so many lovely trips with my horses IRL that I have to pay and work for myself. These are extras. But whenever I can.. Why not? :) I just decided to calm down a bit with the collecting.

Thanks for all the lovely comments!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Thu May 22, 2014 6:19 am

@JackyLovertjex wrote:

I know Carola.. Ah.. Well, I decided to not buy any more new models. Because I have some more important stuff to spend my money on. Even now, so many lovely trips with my horses IRL that I have to pay and work for myself. These are extras. But whenever I can.. Why not? :) I just decided to calm down a bit with the collecting.

I completely understand your priority  cheers 

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Thu May 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Congrats! To be honest, I don't think any of us would be able to stop collecting. Especially if a company makes something that has been in our wish lists for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Rosalba

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 am

Congratulations with your new mare! :) I have just registered on the forum yesterday, being an incidental Schleich collector... I had to comment on this thread, as she is the very first Schleich I ever got by someone else, and my third one overall... It can be sad sometimes, realising she is still one of the best 'pieces' in my collection, it shouldn't be like that with a brand... But then, I think a great part of her charm comes from her nostalgic value Very Happy
Also, congratulations on having "stopped" collecting Wink
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Welcome, Rosalba!  sunny 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Rosalba

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:28 pm

jonesee wrote:
Welcome, Rosalba!  sunny 

Aww, thanks! :) This forum is such a good source to help me decide which models I fancy (and also to help me spend more money Razz )
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:34 pm

Welcome here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 am

@Rosalba wrote:
Congratulations with your new mare! :) I have just registered on the forum yesterday, being an incidental Schleich collector... I had to comment on this thread, as she is the very first Schleich I ever got by someone else, and my third one overall... It can be sad sometimes, realising she is still one of the best 'pieces' in my collection, it shouldn't be like that with a brand... But then, I think a great part of her charm comes from her nostalgic value Very Happy
Also, congratulations on having "stopped" collecting Wink
Welcome here :)

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 am

It difficult to stop! But can reduce buying...
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:07 am

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014   Today at 1:14 am

Back to top Go down

I 'Stopped collecting' I said.. - New addition May 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1