Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gedevan Tapirs Collection

Go down 
+6
schleich61
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Roger
Gedevan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gedevan

Country/State : Russia

Gedevan Tapirs Collection Empty
PostSubject: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:07 pm

Hello, Friends!
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I have a small collection, and I do not think there are very interesting figurines in it. I've got 36 tapirs, of which only 25 are original.
They are all together here. Please, do not pay attention to tapir with crown – it is the Main Tapir for this period. My friends think I am strange - they are right.  Very Happy  Very Happy 

PS. Sorry for my English!! And look, please, the Elephant I bought for my godchild.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:14 pm

I took descriptions of some tapirs from the comments of Willybacoman (Netherlands), Guruzen and some other collectors from Collectorsquest. If these descriptions are not right, correct me, please.

1. Pfeiffer Austria in the 1920's and 1930's, scale about 1:20 I found also date 1935 (?)

2. Britains Malayan tapir made in UK - 70's - Hardplastic

3. Prior Hong Kong in the 1970's, scale about 1:35, hardplastic. This model is a smaller and direct copy of the 1970's Britains plastic model.

4. Starlux France in the 1970s, scale 1:32, hardplastic. I found also date 1964 (?)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:19 pm

5. Clairet Malayan tapir Made in France - 50's – hardplastic

6. I do not know this model.

7. Plaho in the former DDR in the 1960s and 1970s,scale about 1:32,hardplastic.

8. Polish People’s Republic (I suppose that is the only plastic tapir soviet children could play).

9. K&M INT Malayan Tapir China 2000 (?)
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:26 pm

10. Choco Kaiyodo Asian tapir. How old is it?

11. Porcelain tapir. China (?).

12. Schleich. Made in Portugal 2010 (?).

13. Schleich. Made in China 2010 (?).

14. Papo 2010. Made in China

15. Safari Ltd. Tapirs. China.
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:31 pm

16. Famous Brazilian tapir MOJO 2013. Made in China Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

17. Tapir 2010 Safari Ltd., Miami, FLUSA. China

18. Rubber tapir.

19. «Perseus Grey».

20. «Perseus Blue».
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:39 pm

20. «Perseus Blue».

21. Malayan Tapir "Uncle Baku".

22. «Mojito». MADE IN CHINA

23. BAIRD’S TAPIR CollectA

24. BAIRD’S TAPIR BABY CollectA

25. «Golden» tapir. China
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 1:43 am

As I told in your other topic, I splited this one where you can show and update your tapir collection. Very Happy
I am glad you decided to share your collection and it is a great collection indeed. Very Happy
Some tapirs I didn't know before. You have Pfeiffer, a real old treasure and some other vintage figures also very nice. Very Happy
Choco egg figures are not usually very old, honestly I don't know vintage Japanese brands but maybe someone can help you finding the correct date for that figure. Very Happy
Willy, is a good source and a friend of this forum, others collectors on CollectorsQuest are also very knowledgeable but don't forget to use the link I provided once you'll find lots of figures and information there.
(you can find the link on top of the page)

What is "Mojito"? It has a tag, do you mean it looks a little version of Mojo figure? scratch Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 5:47 am

Congratulation, you have a very nice tapir collection  Very Happy  The "Kaiyodo" tapir is indeed not a Kaiyodo, it is a Furuta from the Chocoegg Series 6. The series 6 and 7 are not identified as Kaiyodo.  Wink 

Your Pfeiffer tapir could be from 1935 and later because Hausser Elastolin bought the Pfeiffer company and didn't stop the Pfeiffer "Tipple-topple" production.
The Starlux is 1964, the year I was born  drunken  and the unkown tapir could be an unknown Clairet or a copy.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:41 am

A very, very impressive collection of tapirs  Shocked 
There are many I have not seen before Very Happy

Great presentation ! I love it that you show an overview first, and then all the nice close-ups  Applause 

I have a question about no 21 : Does the tag say Warm Fuzzy ? They have "Warm and Fuzzy"some at TGFtoys , and I often wondered what brand they are. Please wil you tell a bit more about it ? Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:23 am

A wonderful collection of my favourite animals cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I miss the Kabaya tapir calf, the Playvisions Brazilian tapir ,the Kaiyodo Yotsuba malayan tapir and the little Nayab (looks like your bigger Mojito) malayian tapir. And i think the homemade Moutain Tapir by Ana is also interesting for you.

And Fisva have made one too.

My favourite figur is your uncle baku, never heard of them before.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Roger wrote:
As I told in your other topic, I splited this one where you can show and update your tapir collection. Very Happy
I am glad you decided to share your collection and it is a great collection indeed. Very Happy
Some tapirs I didn't know before. You have Pfeiffer, a real old treasure and some other vintage figures also very nice. Very Happy
Choco egg figures are not usually very old, honestly I don't know vintage Japanese brands but maybe someone can help you finding the correct date for that figure. Very Happy
Willy, is a good source and a friend of this forum, others collectors on CollectorsQuest are also very knowledgeable but don't forget to use the link I provided once you'll find lots of figures and information there.
(you can find the link on top of the page)

What is "Mojito"? It has a tag, do you mean it looks a little version of Mojo figure? scratchVery Happy

For most people, Roger, a 'mojito' is a white rum-based cocktail which dates back to at least the 16th century.  
Maybe the Man from Zwolle, who is a worldwide authority on rum (drunken), can provide further information... Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:46 pm

schleich61 wrote:
For most people, Roger, a 'mojito' is a white rum-based cocktail which dates back to at least the 16th century.  
Maybe the Man from Zwolle, who is a worldwide authority on rum (drunken), can provide further information... Wink Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing   cheers  Yes we need our expert  Wink 
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Such a fabulous collection of Tapirs you have there Gedevan! Congrats and thank you for sharing with us! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing   cheers  Yes we need our expert  Wink 

Laughing Laughing Laughing
The fisherman is busy with his swimming animals, I wonder what do these fish drink? drunken Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Dear Roger! Thank you very much for your help. I am very glad to show my small collection here. And thank you, friends, for all your comments and additional information. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Dear Kikimalou! Special thanks for you! Tell me, please: “Furuta from the Chocoegg Series 6” is absolutely modern figurine, isn’t it?
Have you ever seen tapir 8? Am I right about PPR?
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Dear Widukind and SUSANNE!
Thank you very much. Yes, you are right, Uncle Baku is Warm Fuzzy. Generally speaking it is not hardplastic. It is soft material and this figurine squeaks! The biggest and the strangest tapir in my collection.

I ordered it (with “Mojito” also) from American on-line shop “Tapir and Friends”. Probably this shop has own names for some figurines. It is interesting that authors of Uncle Baku ignored that Tapir has 3 fingers on hind legs and 4 fingers on forelegs. But the authors of “Mojito” knew this fact and they make forelegs of their tapir like paws of a frog. Laughing 

Andreas, certainly you are right the homemade Moutain Tapir by Ana is very interesting for me. I asked Ana but it is impossible to order this tapir now as I understand.  Crying or Very sad 

Also I am very interested in all tapirs I haven't, for example:
I asked friends from Collectorsquest, but… silent 
Back to top Go down
Gedevan

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Some combinations for for scale

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:05 am

Thanks for extra pictures! Very Happy I've found on tapirback shop about Mojito! Laughing That's the name of the figure, so funny. Very Happy
One day I asked something to a CollectorsQuest collector and he linked me to this forum once he is and was still a member here. If you are patient and a regular visitor of our forum, soon or later you'll find these figures and many others. Very Happy

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:39 am

very impressive tapir collections!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:30 pm

I found the little brown tapir as child in the czech republic, together in the bag with a llama and a kangaroo sunny sunny

look here, i am sure you like it

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:32 am

Gedevan, a truly impressive collection thanks for sharing this with us.  Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:54 am

Great to have a tapir-expert here  cheers 
Thankyou for the extra pictures, - I had a good laugh about the frog-feet  Laughing 

Those Warm-Fuzzy models are actually not bad !
I saw some at TGF-Toys a while ago, and it is great to see such good photoes from you  Applause 

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:16 pm

Beautiful collection of tapirs Godevan!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Tapirs are amazing animals bounce bounce

About mountain tapir from me, it will be available again later this year and maybe also his newly discovered cousin too Very Happy Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Ana wrote:

About mountain tapir from me, it will be available again later this year and maybe also his newly discovered cousin too Very Happy Wink

bounce bounce cheers I can't wait  Applause cheers 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gedevan Tapirs Collection   Gedevan Tapirs Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Gedevan Tapirs Collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next