Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)

Go down 
+12
Sartje
Carola
schmidtchenschleich
Roger
schleich61
orcagirl26
AlienMantis
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
NightLioness
widukind
LeeAnn
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Roger wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Hello, Peter Very Happy

There is a "D" on my orangutan ( whick I got from you some years ago ), but no mark whatsoever on my panda. study 
I can't say if there is marks on the buttom, as they are the variations with a wooden base, and can't be removed.

Schleich was always strange for me. I know D goes for Denmark and G for Germany but I never thought a Schleich orangutan could be so sophisticated. studyWink

'D' for Denmark?  That's a new one to me, Roger.  Maybe you were making a joke I didn't catch, or you know something that I do not... scratch Smile 

Embarassed geek
Just a silly joke, of course! I was only noticing that Peter from Germany had seen all orangutans marked with a "G" and sold one of them to Denmark and now it is marked with a "D". :scratch:I don't think "G" or "D" are related with countries or places and "D" is surely not Deutschland and "G" also not Grönland.
Though it has surely any meaning that may be interesting to Schleich collectors.

Okay, thanks, I thought it might be Croco-humor... cheers The mystery of the lettered WWF's continues.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 8:58 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Hello, Peter Very Happy

Interesting !!!
There is a "D" on my orangutan ( which I got from you some years ago ), but no mark whatsoever on my panda. study 
I can't say if there is marks on the buttom, as they are the variations with a wooden base, and can't be removed.

Sorry, you are right, it is a "D"

I have looked at the bottom, you can remove the wooden base, there is no more mark.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Oh, i was not familiar with this model before you show this one here Shocked What a beautiful sculpt bounce And great great catch cheers 

schleich61 wrote:

Maybe you can gather additional information from the seller.  It may not provide any revelations about the identity and origin of this figurine, but it is possible that there are still unknown details that might strongly suggest that is a discarded prototype.  I suspect that is what you have, and if so, it's a fascinating artifact from the actual creative process at Schleich which resulted in the 15003.  To the most serious (deranged!) Schleich collectors, it would potentially have immense value... cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A discarded prototype  Shocked That would be the wildest thing  affraid I hope it is the case and not it is 'just' a copy. And even if it is a copy I suspect it is still very rare scratch  Very Happy

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Carola wrote:
Oh, i was not familiar with this model before you show this one here Shocked What a beautiful sculpt bounce And great great catch cheers 

schleich61 wrote:

Maybe you can gather additional information from the seller.  It may not provide any revelations about the identity and origin of this figurine, but it is possible that there are still unknown details that might strongly suggest that is a discarded prototype.  I suspect that is what you have, and if so, it's a fascinating artifact from the actual creative process at Schleich which resulted in the 15003.  To the most serious (deranged!) Schleich collectors, it would potentially have immense value... cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A discarded prototype  Shocked That would be the wildest thing  affraid I hope it is the case and not it is 'just' a copy. And even if it is a copy I suspect it is still very rare scratch  Very Happy

There have been a number of different kinds of prototype molds, etc. auctioned/sold on eBay.de over the last couple of years. They are all quite fascinating, and it would be fantastic to have such an artifact, as these kinds of things are incredibly rare... cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Sartje

Sartje

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 7:34 pm

great catch Very Happy

Schleich Count: 501
Papo Count: 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:22 am

Fantastic find LeeAnn! I too, wasn't aware of this figure! It's beautiful and a HUGE congrats! Very Happy cheers

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Wow, what a beautiful horse model! Lucky you!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Schleichfan

Schleichfan

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Hello,

I know this is an old thread and the question regarding the letter "D" here in the forum has probably been answered for a long time.

If not: The "D" on the WWF Orangutan stands for "Diller". Helmut Diller is an animal sculptor from Munich/Germany. In 1983/84 he modeled the six figures of the WWF collection by Schleich.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Schleichfan wrote:
Hello,

I know this is an old thread and the question regarding the letter "D" here in the forum has probably been answered for a long time.

If not: The "D" on the WWF Orangutan stands for "Diller". Helmut Diller is an animal sculptor from Munich/Germany. In 1983/84 he modeled the six figures of the WWF collection by Schleich.

Thanks for sharing that information. Actually it is really interesting and it is really rare that the sculptor of a certain figure is identified in any way. Helmut Diller must be a reputated sculptor.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 1:07 pm

That's an interesting point, actually.
Breyer publicise the sculptor for each new Traditional mould they commission, because most of the names are already known via privately released artist resins, so a good name is a selling point - people will be really pleased to be able to buy a cheaper plastic sculpt from an artist they admire.
And there's a prestige to it, like the company are proud to show off the talent they've got working on their range.
But you don't really see that in other brands. Aside from CollectA's Debra McDermott horses, companies rarely seem to name-drop sculptors in publicity material, and they very often don't even credit the sculptor name on their website when you go looking for it.
And they don't tease with updates on who's working on moulds for upcoming releases. Sometimes the artist will post cryptic messages on social media or their own websites about their commissioned works, or they'll show a sculpt in preview then later reveal what brand it'll be going to, but that's their choice to tease or publicise, when it could be the company using their name as an advert to drum up interest and excitement.

I think sculptors for figures should be celebrated a lot more by their brands, we'd have nothing to buy without them - at very least they deserve a credit per model on the maker's site, even if they don't write it in the sales/packaging blurb.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 11:10 am

Breyer has a different and interesting approach in this regard, sculptors are an active part of the entire collecting hobby and part of the lexic of the Breyer collectors.
Brands like Schleich, Papo, Safari and similar have a different concept and market. It would be wonderful to know the sculptors but sometimes they are "anonymous" workers and not commissioned to any specific sculptor, often they are a team project and it is also common that they use figures from other manufacturers but under their brand.
Safari is an easy example, we know many figures are sculpted by Doug Watson or Dan LoRusso but many of them we have no idea, not even their horses. Also, how can we find the sculptor of the Safari chinstrap penguin, desert tortoise or mountain goat when they are sculpts that were previously available in other brands?
There's another point that I think does not happen so often with Breyer models. It is common that the original sculpt of these brands are heavily reworked to children safety adjustments or even for manufacturing reasons. The Mojö Fun pronghorn antelope, originally sculpted by Anna-Dobrowolska, is a figure that suffered noticiable changes from its original shape and the final product is less realistic but probably best adjusted to the moulding process.
Regarding Schleich, I think it is not official but it seems Vlad Konstantinov is the sculptor of the psittacosaurus and tawa and perhaps a few more.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)    Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich WWF 15003 Wild Horse (Przewalski's)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2