Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 am

Some time ago I got these very nice boxes with animals. The frogs are Playvisions, the others are not. The seller had more lose playvisions without box and sold them under "Lakeshore animals", too. It were PV beetles, wasps, whales, sharks and dolphins (and he/she said to have another set with lizards but didn't want to sell that one). So I assume they were sold in those Lakeshore boxes, too.

I've never heard of that one before and wonder if anyone could tell something about it.
The butterflies are very nicely made and they have their common names on the back of the wings; I am wondering if they might be club earth? Due to the back numbers they are a selection out of at least 12.
Also the spiders might be club earth. They look similar to the PV spiders, but the material is softer and the models are flatter. I have seen them in a different forum under "PlayVisions" but they are not marked with a brand, only with name and number (maybe 12 different ones, too). On the last picture you see the lakeshore ones left, the PV spiders right.

I'd like to have more of those boxes, I just love the different and often so enchanting ways of selling Playvision sets, from unexpected (and often never heard before companies - see Moses Verlag).

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 am

Gosh ! Beartrice, these are fabulous  Shocked 
You surely found GOLD there ! All of them !  bounce Applause cheers 

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Great catches again Beatrice!!

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Wow! Awesome find! cheers

I immediately thought of the brand Lakeshore that makes model horses. But I don't think this is the same company.
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Fantastic  cheers  I would love to catch these wonderful frogs  drunken 

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Wonderful finds! Congrats Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
QuollMate

Country/State : USΔ ~ Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 pm

We have a Lakeshore Learning center 15 minutes away from my home.  affraid Great finds! Lakeshore only has a giant bucket of various Nayab animals for 50$!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous! That's all they carry now. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://aviationnation.wix.com/blog
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Beatrice, you're our PVpedia! cheers It seems PV is only the head of the octopus... ;affraid:
Leeann, thanks for that link with horses full of charisma! Wink

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Congrats! The only sets I knew of true PV being sold in was the National Geographic ones.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

Country/State : USΔ ~ Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:56 pm

The Denver Zoo use to carry a few PV before their discontinuation. Nothing much.
Back to top Go down
http://aviationnation.wix.com/blog
PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Great catch, congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)   Today at 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Lakeshore: Playvisions + others (club earth?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1