Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint

Go down 
+3
widukind
LeeAnn
Thitanium Prince
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint Empty
PostSubject: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:29 am

I've been painting miniatures for almost 10 years now, but they always were 28mm fantasy miniatures (orcs and goblins in particular) with lots of tiny details and fine textures, I'm not so used with such large figures like our beloved animal models, with lots of big flat surfaces and "rough" textures. Painting in a flat way, without higlights and shadows, is quite unusual for me, but it's a lot of fun. I had those two bootleg AAA giraffe calves, so I decided to repaint one of them. It's still wip, I've painted only one of the two halves (and it still needs some finishing touches), but you can see where I'm going with the painting. And I need your help: what color should the hooves be painted in a reticulated giraffe?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Looks great! cheers I think the hooves are grey? scratch

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Phantastic repaint!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Great work!!  Applause 
Did you say Orcs??! Shocked   bounce bounce Can you share them??! Are they Warhammer??!  drunken 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it, I hope to complete it tonight.
And yes Elros, fully converted Warhammer fantasy Orcs & Gobbos, maybe I'll post them in the "other collections" section Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Amazing so much improvement  Shocked 

The one with the original paintwork is nice and cute, - but the repaint is gorgeous  Applause Applause 

It is probably not a bad background to have been used to painting little details, - just look at the head  cheers 

About the colour of the hooves, - I googeled, and it seems they are very dark grey on adults, - lighter on youngsters  study 

Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks Susanne! Very Happy The original AAA calf is a really nice model (even if it suffers of a sloppy glossy paintjob like all the early AAA giraffes) and this bootleg was almos as nice as the original, it just needed some trimming of a couple mouldlines with a cutter, no epoxy needed.
Now I'm looking for the bootleg adult to repaint, I wanna give this child a lovely mother, also cause they scale up pretty nicely with current schleich savannah predators Very Happy

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Thitanium Prince wrote:
And yes Elros, fully converted Warhammer fantasy Orcs & Gobbos, maybe I'll post them in the "other collections" section Very Happy

Hurray! bounce Very Happy  Did you have LOTR Warhammers??  cheers sunny 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Elros Alvar wrote:
Thitanium Prince wrote:

Actually no, only warhammer fantasy, no Lotr models Sad

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Thitanium Prince wrote:
Elros Alvar wrote:
Thitanium Prince wrote:

Actually no, only warhammer fantasy, no Lotr models Sad
so bad Sad XD  I wanna get some ones  bounce bounce like Arwen, Legolas, Thorin, Bilbo or Tauriel  bounce sunny 

*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Very beautiful! Interesting how much you can change the figure just repainting it. Good job cheers sunny 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Beautiful work! Congrats! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint   AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Giraffe calf copy repaint
Page 1 of 1