Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about Papo

Go down 
+88
Kristie
costicuba
Sergey
Roger
SUSANNE
Florian
Drakulka
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Lumpasaur
Damon
tqcenter2002
NightLioness
Tarunyada
TheLastStardust
orcagirl26
arafan
She-Wolf
Bloodrayne
TheSpottedCat
Carola
ulinuk
LeeAnn
Takama
Juan Andrés
CharolaisStudios
trevok4
The-Toy-Chest
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
Sheepish
VASILIS
Defteros
Duck-Anch-Amun
cwaterfield
PeGe
JonasV
Dr.Narayanan
Maja-Maus
krista
Katty
Numa
Tyler Loew
jesman00
posttenebraslux
MARTINLATIN
pm64
landrover
75senta75
bojan
Saarlooswolfhound
animalluvr6
MarielledeMix
Elros Alvar
Taylcoel
LukaLeon085
Metallisuchus
Deseo
Taos
Steve170
scot(t)
SeanieP
dlfrogman
WILLYBACOMAN
pawprintzinsnow
widukind
LUkaPerry939
Silver Unicornis
Bernyto
baltimore zoo
Suebeedo
SyLoBe
skysthelimit
atabini
lucky luke
Nova
Gab
alexmotoc
Admin
aandmkw
ken yeo
MartinH
Rio
Wildheart
Kiryuha
Yurumi
Lasersword1973
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Gabe
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Questions about Papo - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Rio wrote:
Still waiting for mine, the rest of my order came but not the Oryx.

The "zorse" ? Shocked bounce bounce bounce Shocked

Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 pm

No, I did not order the Zorse. I got the two new dogs and the Reindeer, which I was happy with :)
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Congratulations!

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:59 pm

I have emailed online toy stores in the US (ie TGF TOYS) and they are expecting it to come in...soon...it was supposed to come in on june 25th at TGF toys. I am assuming there is an issue with the manufacturer?? question question question
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 am

SeanieP wrote:
I have emailed online toy stores in the US (ie TGF TOYS) and they are expecting it to come in...soon...it was supposed to come in on june 25th at TGF toys. I am assuming there is an issue with the manufacturer?? question question question

I thought that I will able to get it during my stay over here and TGF TOYS told me that it is delay and don't know when?

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:39 am

Papo is playing with us a weird game Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:48 am

MartinH wrote:

I think Papo does not like that game either Laughing Laughing

MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:
MartinH wrote:

I think Papo does not like that game either Laughing Laughing
You think? No news on shelves, no catalogues... I don´t know how in other countries but Czech Republic is frozen Sad

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Be patient! It is exciting to see long horns in the market but is not easy to work with them! Laughing
CollectA and Papo antelopes are delaying a lot, they are surely having troubles making them correctly. That's not a game for the brands but a big trouble. It could mean that it will be hard to see more antelopes soon. If we complain too much they will regret their decision of making these kind of figures. Then we will have more and more chubby animals and not another fantastic year like this one. Be cool, longer the wait, better the taste. Very Happy

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:59 am

Roger wrote:
Be patient! It is exciting to see long horns in the market but is not easy to work with them! Laughing
CollectA and Papo antelopes are delaying a lot, they are surely having troubles making them correctly. That's not a game for the brands but a big trouble. It could mean that it will be hard to see more antelopes soon. If we complain too much they will regret their decision of making these kind of figures. Then we will have more and more chubby animals and not another fantastic year like this one. Be cool, longer the wait, better the taste. Very Happy

I believe is not that difficult to make them with todays technology. I think it just being delay and we just let them know we are serious wanting to have it. Perhaps more new antelope will be made.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:45 am

ken yeo wrote:
Roger wrote:

I believe is not that difficult to make them with todays technology. I think it just being delay and we just let them know we are serious wanting to have it. Perhaps more new antelope will be made.

That's also not a question of technology. First condition is the safety. So, you need to make them in a softer pvc and this material is very vicious. Easily it bends while packaging and if it is shipped bent the figure will arrive the shops in a bad condition. So, you must also be very careful packaging, sometimes using protection for the horns, like Safari makes with the oryx. It means that you need to produce a piece of plastic that fits and protects the figure correctly. More work in packaging process and it is not always warranty that the figure will arrive safely.
Also not telling that it also turns harder to make the moulds, etc., etc.
At the end we have a figure that is much harder to produce than a hippo and the price need to be the same or lower to turn the figure enough competitive.
The delays don't hurt me, I have new figures all the year, I have time to save some money to buy them and I have a year with a lot of long horned and exciting figures, 4 sables, a eland, a waterbuck, Thomson's gazelle and oryx Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 am

Roger wrote:

The delays don't hurt me, I have new figures all the year, I have time to save some money to buy them...
And when you finally raise the money for animals you want, M&B drops an unexpected bomb with 8 new birds in it Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:59 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

The delays don't hurt me, I have new figures all the year, I have time to save some money to buy them...
And when you finally raise the money for animals you want, M&B drops an unexpected bomb with 8 new birds in it Very Happy

Laughing affraid Laughing
That's a cruel and delicious truth! Very Happy Crying or Very sad
I was reading the e-mail of my CollectA local shopsaying about the arrival of some new 2012 figures when Stitch posted here the bomb! bom
As a smart guy I think I am I bought the birds immediatly once they are harder to find than the other brands. Now no money! Laughing
... and I suspect that there are more bombs! affraid cat Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Roger wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

pale Laughing cheers So true Laughing

Roger wrote:

affraid pale Please Doctor Roger I need more than suspicion... I need the truth... Or at last the truth about your suspicion bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

Roger wrote:

affraid pale Please Doctor Roger I need more than suspicion... I need the truth... Or at last the truth about your suspicion bounce Wink

Hoping that not too many bombs appear in Sep till Dec.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

Roger wrote:

Do you want some medicine from Doctor Roger? drunken
OK, I understand, my suspense comments are irritating, maybe! But... perhhaps.... I never disappointed you! scratch I'll stop with it. Crying or Very sad
I know more than I told once I also know 2013 releases. Good surprises and some new species!
For sure I can tell that we will have a new figure in 2012 that is not a new species in the market. Anyway looks promissing. STS will be the first place knowing about it. Very Happy

Metallisuchus

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:46 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

What's M&B? And where can I see these birds?

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:42 am

Metallisuchus wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:

What's M&B? And where can I see these birds?
M&B stands for Maia & Borges, if you scroll down a little way you will see the birds that were released [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Metallisuchus

Metallisuchus

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:42 am

Oh okay. Thanks Harriet!

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi all,

For those living in the US, this is the email I just got from my source in the US ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]hotalinginc.com) who distributes Papo animals.

"HI Shawn,
Papo will not be releasing that item (Oryx) until Aug now. There was some
production problems which delayed the release date. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
will be selling the item once we receive it in."

Crying or Very sad whaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks for the info Shawn, probably horns giving them hard time Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Thankyou for the info, Shawn sunny

Hmmm, with the luck and speed of this year, it will probably be christmas before the oryx is on the market scratch Laughing Laughing

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Which would be great if it's a Reindeer, not an Oryx Laughing

Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:01 pm

I have no problems waiting...after all I have survived without it for over 20 years Laughing

I'm just frustrated with this seller who says they have sent it and have proof of postage etc which must be a lie. Simply resolved though with my money back and negative feedback bounce

We might all be extra happy with the antelope when it arrives because we have waited longer than we thought Very Happy

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks for the information Shawn! Very helpful.

So sorry about your bad experience Steve. That really stinks. I'm glad it's resolved.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Papo   Questions about Papo - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Papo
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next