Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NandO

avatar

Country/State : indonesia
Age : 30
Joined : 2013-02-28
Posts : 1111

PostSubject: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 am

here is my first Dino repaint
--- Caudipteryx ---

Here is the original model : really nice model with interesting color  Laughing 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After repaint :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
NandO
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-02-06
Posts : 3287

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:00 am

Awesome job!! Now he's more realistic and is so beautiful, *-* Congrats and Thanks for sharing !

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26220

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:00 am

Nice repaint again!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

avatar

Country/State : Czech republic
Age : 18
Joined : 2013-12-03
Posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Very nice! Very Happy

_________________
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Karolina  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Wow! Amazing repaint Nando!  Applause I love the colors!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30813

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Fine repaint, - quite a new style from you  Very Happy 

Not a critique, but I think I love your more colourful styles so very much, though  Wink 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Bonobo

avatar

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)
Age : 19
Joined : 2014-02-04
Posts : 655

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Wow Shocked beautiful work NandO!  Applause 
He is now much more realistic sunny 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Awesome repaint, now he looks realistic and not cartoony!  Applause 
Back to top Go down
NandO

avatar

Country/State : indonesia
Age : 30
Joined : 2013-02-28
Posts : 1111

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:27 am

thank you my friends  Very Happy 

_________________
NandO
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21802

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:29 pm

I enjoy the original painting, it may look cartoonish but aren't real parrots cartoonish too? Very Happy
Though, your personal touch can always turn a figure even more interesting. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Yes, real parrots are cartoonish  Smile I just never imagined dinosaurs having birght, bold colors like this, that's why I said it doesn't look as cartoony but on the other hand, kids (and some collectors and non collectors of dinosaurs) would probably get bored with seeing greens and browns and end up not buying them.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30813

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:19 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
..........., kids (and some collectors and non collectors of dinosaurs) would probably get bored with seeing greens and browns and end up not buying them.
 
Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21802

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:14 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
Yes, real parrots are cartoonish  Smile I just never imagined dinosaurs having birght, bold colors like this, that's why I said it doesn't look as cartoony but on the other hand, kids (and some collectors and non collectors of dinosaurs) would probably get bored with seeing greens and browns and end up not buying them.

Actually it was not easy to reeducate the traditional buyers of dinosaurs to get used with these colorful reprodutions. Everyone was much more confortable with grey, brown or green and a reptile looking on dinos. Though, with the feather evidences, the idea of colorful dinos started to proliferate.
I think now it is quite well accepted, except to those who are more attached to the classic dino image. Though, it is completely against science, to refuse evidences just because of an aesthetic logic.
Try to think that orcas were only known from fossils and you never seen something similar with what we know of an orca. Probably, most replicas or paleoworks, were grey, blueish or white. If someone decided to replicate it with the striking pattern of black and white, surely most people would say it was ridiculous, unlogical and cartoonish. Yes, orcas are very friendly looking creatures although they're only black and white with a grey patch. Concluding my boring post, I find interesting that some dinos turned very colorful even I also agree that they look more realistic when colored like a komodo dragon. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
..........., kids (and some collectors and non collectors of dinosaurs) would probably get bored with seeing greens and browns and end up not buying them.
 
Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink 

 confused  scratch 

Roger wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Yes, real parrots are cartoonish  Smile I just never imagined dinosaurs having birght, bold colors like this, that's why I said it doesn't look as cartoony but on the other hand, kids (and some collectors and non collectors of dinosaurs) would probably get bored with seeing greens and browns and end up not buying them.

Actually it was not easy to reeducate the traditional buyers of dinosaurs to get used with these colorful reprodutions. Everyone was much more confortable with grey, brown or green and a reptile looking on dinos. Though, with the feather evidences, the idea of colorful dinos started to proliferate.
I think now it is quite well accepted, except to those who are more attached to the classic dino image. Though, it is completely against science, to refuse evidences just because of an aesthetic logic.
Try to think that orcas were only known from fossils and you never seen something similar with what we know of an orca. Probably, most replicas or paleoworks, were grey, blueish or white. If someone decided to replicate it with the striking pattern of black and white, surely most people would say it was ridiculous, unlogical and cartoonish. Yes, orcas are very friendly looking creatures although they're only black and white with a grey patch. Concluding my boring post, I find interesting that some dinos turned very colorful even I also agree that they look more realistic when colored like a komodo dragon. Very Happy

Very true Roger, I can see what you mean now.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx   

Back to top Go down
 
Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Repaint - Geoworld Caudipteryx
» How do you repaint animal figures
» Bullyland polar bear repaint - Ursus maritimus
» Papo and Mojo wolf repaint - Canis lupus lupus
» Geoworld Jurassic Hunters: New Prehistoric mammals are on the way to see the light

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: