Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands

Go down 
+12
Ana
SUSANNE
landrover
orcagirl26
Roger
Bloodrayne
AlienMantis
Kikimalou
Bonobo
LeeAnn
widukind
tqcenter2002
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

Country/State : Israel

The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands Empty
PostSubject: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi All,

I was looking in my collection and I wanted to get a new African elephant - Bull or cow (or both).
I had the latest Sch. Bull and it looks OK in size - Not as big as I wanted it to be but is OK.

Therefore I though that I'll get me another elephant from Sch. that it will be in the same size or even bigger (I hoped) - But I got me the cow and it looks like she is a bit smaller then the bull. I also got the baby and it looks like it is smaller then I expected it to be.

Then I remembered that PAPO have very large figures - Like the BIG Awesome Cats they have - I automatically ordered me the new Elephant from there - BUT I was really surprised when I got it - It was smaller then the cow from Sch. How come? I thought that if the PAPO tiger is bigger then the others - that would lead to a bigger Elephant as well. The Hippo is larger then all others as well.

I want to be sure that before buying my next elephant that it will be BIG and that it will fill out the need for a Bigger Elephant in my collection.
Rather then getting the Jumbo sized Elephant from Safari ltd - I would be happy to get me a really Big one but not as big as the jumbo one.

Can someone recommend a good elephant that I can buy that will be really Big (as big as the Sch. one and even bigger)
Comparison pictures could help me a lot.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:46 pm

But you want a main brand? For that i dont have a knowledge but i know the Noahs Pals elephants are bigger as the rest  sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Have you looked in the elephants SUY? scratch

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks.
LeeAnn - Where can I find the Elephant SUY?
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:23 pm

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thanks.
LeeAnn - Where can I find the Elephant SUY?

I'm faster! Razz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Go for the Safari Ltd wonders elephants or the older safari Ltd Vanishing wild one  Wink 
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm

with a bit customization - schleich war elephant and chap mei?

tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks for the link for the SUY Elephants - But it would be helpful if I was able to understand which is which? I got a bit lost there and I am sure that I can not find all of them in the store right now.

Kiki, Where I can find the Safari's versions On-Line?
It would be a great help for me if I have a comparison pictures with Sch version (Bull).

Thank You
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks all for helping.
Can that be - the largest Elephant that I could find - is 4" size? 10 cm?
Something must be wrong here - There must be a mistake in the descriptions.

I could not find any large one at all.
Is this a large Elephant?
What size? Scale?
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:35 pm

The largest elephants to my knowledge are the Safari ltd. Wildlife Wonders elephants.
There is both an African and an Indian elephant.
Here a pic from the internet together with some Papo figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:37 pm

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thanks all for helping.
Can that be - the largest Elephant that I could find - is 4" size? 10 cm?
Something must be wrong here - There must be a mistake in the descriptions.

I could not find any large one at all.
Is this a large Elephant?
What size? Scale?

That's another small elephant, smaller than those from Schleich. elephant
The perfect elephant in my opinion, is the 1:24 scale Safari Wildlife Wonders African elephant as it was suggested previously. It is still available, though, I am afraid you will find it too large even scale is correct for a Schleich zebra.
The Vanishing Wild from Safari is also a good option but ahrd to get once it is retired.
You have the Bullyland African elephant from their Deluxe collection that is a currently available figure and not hard to find online.
You can see it on Toy Animal Wiki (check its number to not mistake it with many other Bullyland elephants. Very Happy
I suggest also to check this brilliant [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where you can find among others, this useful size comparison picture with a Schleich elephant. Very Happy
As a last note, Bullyland figures are made of a lightweight material that gives them a cheap looking, though, some figures are really nice. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
The largest elephants to my knowledge are the Safari ltd. Wildlife Wonders elephants.

I think the Schleich Heroes one is larger, is it not?

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:22 pm

AlienMantis wrote:
with a bit customization - schleich war elephant and chap mei?

+

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:47 pm

I agree with what everyone else has said - Schleich's retired Mighty Fighter Elephant, Safari Ltd.'s Wildlife Wonders elephant and Chap Mei's elephant.

The Wildlife Wonders elephant is 11.5 inches high by 10 inches tall. I believe Schleich's fighter elephant is 12 inches long by 8.5 inches high, I'm not sure how big the one from Chap Mei is but I'm guessing somewhere around the same size as Schleich's and Safari Ltd.'s  scratch 
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Thanks!
I would be happy to get this one - it is in a very good scale!
can you help with getting it online? I would be happy to get it and the LINEOL one - that looks awesome!

I am not sure that i would be happy to get the Jumbo from Safari - since it is VERY big and what would I do with all the other Elephants that I have - It would be like Snow White and the dwarfs :)

Regarding the War elephants - they need customization in order to be in the right place and I am not good in this (yet) :)
One is white and the other that was suggested has a very unpleasant look at its face.

I decided - I'll go with Roger's suggestion - the Vanishing Safari LTD -(If I can find it at all!) and the  Bullyland African elephant and the LINEOL - Sure if I can get any of them at all Sad

I think that we are missing elephants in good scaling.

Roger - One lats clarification if I may: 1:24 is a good scale? I thought that 1:20 is a good scale. And where I can find the Safari Wildlife Wonder Excellent Elephant?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:11 am

Well, I don't usually buy online so I think you have to study yourself the best options to Israel.
The Bullyland figure I am talking is hard to identify to a not experient collector once there is a new similar but smaller version. Use the product number to find it.
Not easy to find at all but here is an Italian seller selling adulte and calf on EBAY
* Check this link! * elephant
Seller sends to all the world but ask before buying.
Also, notice that you will pay 35 Euros for both elephants more shipping if it is not more! Shocked
If you find it expensive, I must say that Lineol elephant, that is a very old figure with more than 50 years old, made of a material known as composition, is a little fortune once it is very rare, very hard to find in good condition and a masterpiece! Laughing The Vanishing Wild is also not easy at all and expensive.
When we are talking about animals, you can mix different scales as long as they're not very different. With cars it doesn't work because cars have a specific size, so it won't make sense to mix to replicas of the same model in two slightly different sizes. Though, animals have not a specific size, there are real elephants much larger than others. So, a 1:20 zebra works perfectly with a 1:24 scale elephant.

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 1:52 am

The Wildlife wonder Elephants starting to tempt me.. This is why?
I am sure that someone in this forum took these pictures and they DID a wonderful work!
All right reserved to the owner of the pictures.

Not sure why - But when I see these pictures I feel that - this is right!
maybe... Should I?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 2:10 am

I recognize those photos, is that Harriet? Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 2:18 am

Those are indeed Harriet (HKHollinstone))pictures! :) That's surely one of the best group of mixed brand figures working perfectly in scale. Once scale is very important for you and considering your favorite figures are those from major brands. I think you have there a good way to start building your collection.
There you can see Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders African and Asian elephants. Schleich zebra and gnu, Papo okapi, Wild Safari Indian rhinoceros and an AAA large giraffe that she repainted. All of them are relatively easy to find except the giraffe. All are excelent replicas and all are between 1:20 and 1:24 scale. If you have some money left to get them, surely those are excelent choices for a beautiful collection! Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:26 am

I think that the biggest elephant is Chap mei ,is my avatar.

Tomorrow more pictures for comparison.

tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:19 am

Thanks Roger.
That means i will not be bale to find me a good scales Elephant in the market these days.
Even though they start to tempt me - I can not buy them without having a giraffe that scales with them at the most. Africa has both Elephants and giraffes and I can't put the elephant bigger tehn the giraffe - been a large elephant and a small giraffe - it should be taller.

I really like to get the Safari vanishing 1:24 sacled - where can I get it?

thanks,
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 2:00 pm

About the large Bullyland elephant, - notice that there is a new version ( item no 63685 ) which is about 2 cm smaller over the shoulder.

I do not have the old one in grey ( item no 63573), but here the new one compared to the old one in a cork-variation :

The LEGO block is for size comparison Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:00 pm

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thanks Roger.
That means i will not be bale to find me a good scales Elephant in the market these days.
Even though they start to tempt me - I can not buy them without having a giraffe that scales with them at the most. Africa has both Elephants and giraffes and I can't put the elephant bigger tehn the giraffe - been a large elephant and a small giraffe - it should be taller.

I really like to get the Safari vanishing 1:24 sacled - where can I get it?

thanks,

The best is to forget those called VW (Vanishing Wild) once they're long retired and you'll take years to find some of them. Go for Wildlife Wonders series of Safari Ltd. The Asian and African elephants are those you can see in Harriet's pictures and in the same series you can find a 24 cm tall reticulated giraffe in 1:23 scale that goes perfectly with these elephants and other figures photographed by Harriet. If you find online a shop selling all three, once they're current figures, you can save a lot of money instead of buying from different brands and sources.
Check also previous pictures from Susanne about the Bullyland and Fernando is offereing help to show you pictures of Chap Mei elephant, a 1:18 scale figure that is sometimes sold on Toys'r'Us under Animal Planet label. Very Happy I think in this thread you have everything to take good decisions. Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:04 pm

It's interesting topic. I hope you will find what you search! I can recommend you the 3D prints of elephants designed by Andrew from this forum (elephant_maximus) his models are available from Shapeways and are really perfect replicas of elephants Very Happy

Wow, Harriet's photos really make me wanting this WW elephant too Very Happy  Very Happy

Here is size comparison of Vanishing Wild elephant, although it's probably even too big for you. scratch .

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:25 pm

here ,my Chap mei

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands Empty

Back to top Go down

The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next