Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands

Go down 
+12
Ana
SUSANNE
landrover
orcagirl26
Roger
Bloodrayne
AlienMantis
Kikimalou
Bonobo
LeeAnn
widukind
tqcenter2002
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:57 pm

The only major brands that currently have a blue whale are CollectA, Safari Ltd. and Schleich. Out of the three, I believe the CollectA and Schleich one are the largest; I actually think that Schleich's is bigger than CollectA's but I'm not 100% sure. I'll check and get back to you on it.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Schleich's blue whale is the largest: 27 cm long by 10 cm wide by 4 cm high

Safari Ltd.'s blue whale is the second largest: 26.8 cm long by 10 cm wide by 4.5 cm high

CollectA's blue whale is 23 cm long by 8 cm high by 4 cm high

I can't figure out what scale that would be scratch ( if someone could help, that would be great  Very Happy ) I don't choose just one by their scale, rather I just collect them all  sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:35 am

This is 1:100 scale, a very small scale. Im a simple example, a great white shark that is a huge fish, needed to be tube sized to fit correctly with these blue whales.

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Roger wrote:
This is 1:100 scale, a very small scale. Im a simple example, a great white shark that is a huge fish, needed to be tube sized to fit correctly with these blue whales.

Thank you  Smile 
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

Country/State : Israel

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 12:45 am

Thank You Everyone!!!!
I have come up with a better understanding for what I need to look for :)
Thanks So MUCH!!!

Regarding the Elephant - I have found this figure - Does anyone know which brand is it? If someone has it already I would be happy to know if it is as beautiful as the Safari WW Asian Female?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Asian Elephant Large Air-filled Vinyl Puffy Toy Elephas maximus
The size is :
~11.8 inches long x 5.1 wide x 7.3 high  (30 x 13 x 18.5 cm)
~1.2 pounds (543 grams)

What does Air Filled means? What do they mean with "Puffy Toy"? Is it heavy for it's size? It looks OK But I am not sure about it.

Thank You
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:00 am

You can see the WW Here .

tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:41 am

Thanks Susanne :)
I have the WW Elephant in hand and IT IS beautifully made!! I have shared pictures of it in this thread :)
I just can NOT tell from pictures and I also don't know which brand made this LARGE Asian Elephant? and by the pictures it looks OK - What do you think? Is it beautiful as the WW Asian Elephant?

I also don't know what does "Air Filled" means? What do they mean by "Puffy Toy"?
What is a Puffy Toy?

This One size is
length : 30 cm and the WW Asian is: 26 cm
height : 18.5 cm and the WW Asian is: 17.2 cm

There is a difference of 4 cm in the length BUT it might be because of the rear left feet that extend the size a bit even that the WW Asian has it's trunk in upright position it still extends almost the same as the trunk of this elephant - I think.
the height is 1.3 (even more since it is from the tip of the trunk) cm different and it look like this one is male (Tasks?) so it should be a bit larger, right?

I would be happy to know if you think it is a good elephant that I can get to pare with the Asian Female from Safari WW? I think it is OK and I would be happy if you could help me :)
Should I go with this one or find another one that looks better - or wait :)

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:16 pm

I think Puffy toy must mean that it is soft model made of some sort of spongy plastic, I think Bullyland produced something like that as well. I think it's more safe for little kids, that's why they made it soft. scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:52 pm

This model is from Kinto Favorite - Vinyl wildlife model Very Happy 
Here is the link sunny 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Thank you Ana and Florian.
Wow you have found it's manufacturer Very Happy
is "Kinto Favorite" a good brand? I can not tell from the pictures and It looks OK.
What do you think of this model?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks - I have just did a search and I have found my answer in the STS forum GOLD MINE :)
HERE:

THANK YOU Numaan  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Numaan wrote:
Tiger is a chain of stores from Denmark selling all sorts of oranaments, home trinkets, homewares and other related items.  They also have toys and the other day I came across a random large elephant model.  I didnt buy it but I thought it was interesting because the details are really good on the face and head overall.  Unfortunately the rest of the body let's it down a bit and I would say this is about the size of the Safari Wildlife wonders range.  It is made of plastic but a soft one that can be squeezed but nonetheless I love the paintwork and sculpting details on the head.  The model is large, light weight and made of soft hollow plastic

Thought you might enjoy a few pictures.  It is on sale for £7.00 and all stored across Europe have the same stock so if anyone wants one then check out a Tiger store near you (the model is about 10 euros).  I cant help but think this elephant is adorable!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 10:51 am

Gab wrote:
Kiki these guy are great[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gab wrote:
MOre Elephants
Gab wrote:
Kiki these guy are great[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kikimalou wrote:
YES GAB, those guys are great !

But I didn't know those BULLYLAND elephants  Wink

Just kiddin Gab...  Laughing

You've got a beautiful herd here !

I know your "addiction" to the Big and great Safari models and it is a very good "addiction" I think.

One day I will find enough money to buy those hughe elephants but my wants list is so long... And it is growing faster than my "Already bought" list  Razz   :)

But it doesn't mean the BULLYLAND is not a good model too. What I like in the BULLY and LINEOL is of course the modeling but also the scale, they are IMHO very 1/20.

It seems for me the SAFARI's wildlife wonders and vanishing wild are more 1/15 and fit better with the taller man on your pics. I agree elephants in the wild can be very tall but the scale is not only a matter of cm or inches, it's also a matter of proportion and, for me, they seem too bulky to be big 1/20 scale elephants.

Nevertheless, I also collect 1/15 animals so even on my shelves those elephants would have friends at the same scale  Very Happy

HKHollinstone wrote:
Lovely collection Gab, my favourites are the Wildlife Wonders African and the new Asian elephant.

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Hola Gab mi amigo!
Why are you here so little???  Sad
We want to see more of you here, forget about the lonely giraffe...haha,  Laughing
The elephants you showed are great indeed!
On the pic with the ely from the front, you can see that they look really like the ones in the real!  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:05 am

Papo also made a big sized elephant model this year,  I think the model is worth mentioning here Smile It is almost as big as Safari WW one. Susanne made a walkaround here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:34 am

Ana wrote:
Papo also made a big sized elephant model this year,  I think the model is worth mentioning here Smile It is almost as big as Safari WW one. Susanne made a walkaround here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I copied :
Papo African elephant in size large for you Very Happy

He weight 1085 grams, so he is a solid guy .
However, he is not as large as  the big Safari-ones , - here you see him taking a walk with Safari Wildlife wonder and Vanishing Wild African elephants Very Happy

The mould is almost exactly the same as the new one for 2016, - just larger Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:20 pm

I have no comparison to other elephants but i think he could it be

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Indeed cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Or better that Bullyland softplay with 150/59 cm!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 3:53 pm

my largest is the Bullyland elephant with his trunk up and then the large new Papo African Elephant that I repainted to a mud brown color in this outside diorama:

PostSubject: Re: The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands   The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The biggest Elephant Figure that we can get in store from top brands
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3