Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:15 am

I think I am going to start making and selling trees for a living, I love making them, they are fairly easy to sell when I try and I am out of room on the diorama so I have to have a place to put them so I can keep making more!

Here is a new tree, it is a black pine and it is about 15 inches tall, I really like the look of it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These are the dragon trees that I have been working on for such a long time, up until now I could not make a foliage set that I was happy with. The first sets were too thick and later sets wilted while I was trying to harden the clay in the oven. The ones I did with air drying clay were too thick and when I made them thinner wouldn't hold the shape. This foliage was made for an artificial plant and I adapted it by cutting and shaping the foliage to fit the look of the dragon trees.

Here are two photos of the talipot tree on the diorama

Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:22 am

One may get lost in that jungle... Wink
Beautiful and impressive!

PostSubject: Re: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:31 am

Oh, that's great!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:57 am

Congratulation to our landscape gardener. Very Happy

I remember the beginning of the dragon trees, I'm happy you achieve it at last. I hope you will share bigger pics of them, I'm so curious to watch them closer Cool

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:38 am

Kiki, I'll get some better photos of the dragon trees in the next couple of days, in the mean time I just finished a tree I have only worked on for about 2 days because it has very little foliage. What it does have is a storks nest in it. I put the lesser adjutant in it for now but my main idea for the tree is the painted storks I am going to have made. I want 2 more nests because I want 3 pairs of storks along with either eggs or chicks, I haven't decided yet. I have made the frame of a second tree and I will put the next 2 nests in that tree. It has more branches. which means more time to make, and I think it will have a lot more foliage along with the nests.

Here are the photos, hope you like it,

Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:07 am

They're all fantastic Phil! The Dragon tree is really lovely and the talipot.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Awesome Phil! I love them!

One day, National Geographic will show your diorama Wink

PostSubject: Re: Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama   

Back to top Go down

Two new trees, and the talipot on the diorama
Page 1 of 1