Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:09 pm

I got a Springbok from Coca Cola and a set of 12 african birds - my first figurines which was released in AFRICA. These figurines was from a campaign in Africa.The birds are larger than the animal figures. In 1961, the original campaign began in Mombassa, Kenya and there were 20 figures. A person had to collect 10 or more special Coca Cola bottle caps and mail them to the company to receive just one animal. South Africa wanted to be included and added the large Springbok figure

The birds species are Ground Hornbill, Black Eagle, Secretary Bird, Hamerkop (also called Hammercock), Guinea Fowl, Egyptian Goose., Lappet-Faced Vulture, Black Korhaan, Ostrich, Greater Flamingo, Blue Crane, and Marabou Stork

I the informations are from a friend who helped me to got this set.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by widukind on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Wow, these are neat! Congrats! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Thank you LeeAnn  sunny sunny 

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks for presenting them with species names and further details. Very Happy
But, most of all, congratulations for finding them. Africa hunting is only for experts. cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Ohhh! Such lovely models, - an what a fantastic find !!!!  cheers 

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 am

They are lovely figures Widukind....I have some similar based animals which I think are UK food premiums...

You wouldn't happen to know who they are by would you? (I have spares of most of them but they are in storage and it may be years before I get them out again?)

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:05 am

Many thanks friends:)

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They are lovely figures Widukind....I have some similar based animals which I think are UK food premiums...

You wouldn't happen to know who they are by would you? (I have spares of most of them but they are in storage and it may be years before I get them out again?)

Thank you for your offer, that is very kind from you. But i am a specie hunter and in this set are not unusual species for me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Wow, what a great collection. Fascinating! You always find something amazing Andreas Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Thank you so much Anna  sunny sunny sunny 

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Here are the birds painted (owner is the seller) and the full set of the Coca Cola animal figurines

1) Springbok
2) Lion
3) Lioness
4) Leopard
5) Cheetah
6) Eland
7) Sable Antelope
Cool Kudu
9) Gemsbok
10) Impala
11) Zebra
12) Hippo
13) Rhino
14) Giraffe
15) Hyena
16) Warthog
17) Water Buffalo
18) Crocodile
19) Elephant
20) Baboon
21) Wildebeest

Last edited by widukind on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:06 am

So mine are the Coka-cola animals, without the SA springbok addition, on thinner, unmarked bases?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:12 am

...with a camel in place of the small running deer/dic-dic above, far right third row?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:46 am

...with a camel in place of the small running deer/dic-dic above, far right third row?
Yes, that is interesting!!!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:01 am

Mamma Mia ! They are awesome  Applause 

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:15 pm

[quote="widukind"]Here are the birds painted (owner is the seller) and the full set of the Coca Cola animal figurines

Oh my god!.. Applause Applause Applause Applause

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Here are the birds painted (owner is the seller) and the full set of the Coca Cola animal figurines

Oh my god!.. Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thank you but they are not mine, that are the own exemplars of the seller  Very Happy 

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Thin based animals   Mon May 18, 2015 8:28 am

From what I was told from a gentleman who as a young boy in Kenya said these are the ones Coca-Cola gave out during the promotion. The Impala was in both sets. The difference in the two sets being the Camel and the Springbok. The Springbok is the animal in the middle on the second row. I could use a Camel and Crocodile if you have spares of those. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Mon May 18, 2015 4:18 pm

From what I was told from a gentleman who as a young boy in Kenya said these are the ones Coca-Cola gave out during the promotion. The Impala was in both sets. The difference in the two sets being the Camel and the Springbok. The Springbok is the animal in the middle on the second row. I could use a Camel and Crocodile if you have spares of those. Thanks!
Welcome here and thank you for the informations :)

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:58 pm

Now, with all those animal toys in his house, Widukind doesn't have space left for his own bed. This is why he moved his bed to the garage.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Now, with all those animal toys in his house, Widukind doesn't have space left for his own bed. This is why he moved his bed to the garage.

lol! lol!

Great to see this topic again. They are truely lovely and very interesting models Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:08 am

lol! lol!

Great to see this topic again. They are truely lovely and very interesting models Very Happy

I agree with you. The birds are awesome.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:15 am

lol! lol!

I agree with you. The birds are awesome.

Thank you :)

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:15 am

lol! lol!

Thank you again :)

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:16 am

Why you know that Wink

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Why you know that Wink
Because your daughter told me. She said she has to sleep on the couch because she couldn't sleep in the garage, while you moved into the garage. Now, all she has left is the couch. The collection takes all the remainig space. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo   

Back to top Go down

The Fanta and Coca Cola animals in my zoo
Page 1 of 1