Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New-Ray Bird Series

Go down 
+11
Advicot
bmathison1972
Birdsage
A.R.Garcia
Roger
Taos
landrover
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Froggie
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

New-Ray Bird Series Empty
PostSubject: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 am

This was my first New Ray bird I ever came along:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I managed to get two more predators from New Ray, unfortunately the vulture misses its sitting trunk.

My only other New Ray bird is a swallow at its nest.

But I have also seen a wonderful crane here (Kiana, I placed a copy of your picture here, hope this is ok) - and I was wondering what other birds - besides the usual and well-known hunting sets with ducks, quails and pheasants - New Ray might have produced. Maybe we can collect a few pictures here?
It seems the bird series is from 1995, because all my birds have the same year and obviously the crane, too.

Kiana84 wrote:

I'd really like to see more (and then try to find them for my collection)  cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:34 am

Ohhhhh ! They are SO lovely  affraid 
I did not know that New Ray made such beautyful birds of pray, what a fabulous find  bounce Applause 

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Another Froggie's discoveries  Applause You are very talented for finding forgotten models. I hope you will catch more... And share with us  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Unbelievable,  a few more for my wishlist!!!  Big congratulations!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Thank you - indeed it's one of my greatest pleasures to find unknown and unexpected beauties  cyclops 

(but the crane is not mine, unfortunately...  Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Froggie wrote:
Thank you - indeed it's one of my greatest pleasures to find unknown and unexpected beauties  cyclops 

cheers cheers Please keep up this good habit  bounce Applause cheers 

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:23 pm

I like the vulture ,is magnific.  Smile 

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Lovely models!! Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: NewRay pic of the bird serie   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Today i saw a pic on FB about the NewRay birds. The owner (also of some figurines) allowed me to share the pic here. He told me that is was from his childhood around 20 years ago. Some of the birds i never saw before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Many thanks to you and your friend, pictures like these worth gold. Very Happy
Bald eagle, Cormorant and Toucan are new to us.
On the other hand, on TAI page there is a vulture that is not present in that picture. A good news for you seems to be the fact that New-Ray used the same mold in several color variants representing several species. Though, some seem to be a little fantasied. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 pm

I am not sure if that are good news for me if I can not find only one version Wink

Is it possible that the griffin vulture is by a other Serie? They have also any Wild West figures

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 pm

lol! You'll surely find them. Now that you know they exist, I think it will be easier. Very Happy
Curiously, I checked all dates on TAI and most of these figures are marked 1995. I am not sure all are really marked like that or if some were inferred from otheres. Notice that none of these figures is mine. By the way, could you check the year on your hummingbird?
Interestingly, the vulture is marked 1994! Shocked It means it was not added later so you may be right and it could belong to other series. It looks to be a Gyps, thus a Old World Vulture, unlikely it would enter a Wild West series but, it could represent, generically, other vulture species if added in a series like that. study

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 8:46 am

oh how wonderful!! thank you for that picture, now I know what I am looking for!
interesting about the griffin vulture - maybe a complete different series to discover?
does this person have more of these old new ray pictures?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 am

Roger wrote:
lol! You'll surely find them. Now that you know they exist, I think it will be easier. Very Happy
Curiously, I checked all dates on TAI and most of these figures are marked 1995. I am not sure all are really marked like that or if some were inferred from otheres. Notice that none of these figures is mine. By the way, could you check the year on your hummingbird?
Interestingly, the vulture is marked 1994! Shocked It means it was not added later so you may be right and it could belong to other series. It looks to be a Gyps, thus a Old World Vulture, unlikely it would enter a Wild West series but, it could represent, generically, other vulture species if added in a series like that. study

I will look. I think you are right with a old world vulture but who knows Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 9:27 am

Froggie wrote:
oh how wonderful!! thank you for that picture, now I know what I am looking for!
interesting about the griffin vulture - maybe a complete different series to discover?
does this person have more of these old new ray pictures?

No other pics. I ask him if it is a page from a catalogue. But no.
He shows only a few pics of his bird figurines :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 10:46 pm

I moved the vulture to Wildlife once it is now clear it doesn't belong here. There are other wildlife figures marked 1994, among them, an ostrich.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 am

Roger wrote:
I moved the vulture to Wildlife once it is now clear it doesn't belong here. There are other wildlife figures marked 1994, among them, an ostrich.

Interesting

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Interesting

You may be right, Beatrice pointed me to a wildlife official picture and the vulture is not htere. Though, something also interesting can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy It is apparently a series of Reptiles and amphibians marked 1995. study

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 pm

I also love the painting variations that New Ray did, so much more to look for, even if one already has one of every species.

I realized I should post some more pics of my New Ray birds here (I always forget that most people look here and not on TAI)

so here we go - see p.e. the wood-duck variation of the "mandarin duck" from the catalog picture.

and here the griffon vulture again, although it seems it does not belong to the birds series - now with trunk:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Amazing collection you have !!! cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wonderful Beatrice :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 am

Beatrice gives literally new colors to our lives!  cherry

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 1:04 am

Beautiful birds! drunken  It is a bit magical how elusive some models seem to be, and how Beatrice seems to find them. That group picture with the labels is nice to see, too. I wish these were common- I would be itching to get some to paint. Twisted Evil

I can't even choose favorites- the vulture and condor, probably. But the swallows and ducks are adorable and the crane is dramatic!

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:47 am

My favorites here are the Crane and Cormorant. As for the Quail supposedly from the hunting play sets, I have seen pictures (they’re Northern Bobwhites), but I checked through the catalogs for New-Ray’s hunting sets and there are no quail. There are Wild Turkeys, Mallards, Canada Geese, American Wigeons, Wood Ducks, and Ring-necked Pheasants, but no Northern Bobwhites. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:55 am

Oh wow, I didn't realize New Ray made a quail in their hunting/wildlife sets! Should try and track it down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New-Ray Bird Series   New-Ray Bird Series Empty

Back to top Go down

New-Ray Bird Series
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next