Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)

Go down 
+6
Roger
LukaLeon085
LeeAnn
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) Empty
PostSubject: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm

This year, the charming and beautyful Papo mare and her foal have been joined by a dad Very Happy

I am sad to say, that he does not really give me the kick ( mental kick Laughing ), that Papo's horses usually do, but I will leave it to y'all to judge for yourself Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With his Papo-family :

For size comparison - Schleich, Safari, Papo and Bullyland :

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Congrats Susanne! I'm not too impressed either, something about him just seems off though I can't put a finger on it yet. Though now your family is complete!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Congratulations Susanne  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

He's cute, but I think his back is way too short. I think if his back was longer he'd be awesome Very Happy Congrats!

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 8:40 pm

WOW  Shocked 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 am

I agree that there's something not natural in that figure, back is definitively short as commented before what disturbs the general proportions of the horse. Though, i also think the design of head/neck looks somewhat stylised giving the impression that we are watching a piece of chess called knight. Laughing
well, i think it works as a refined little statue once the figure has some class. Very Happy
What's surely consensual is the quality of your presentation! cheers

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 am

Thank you very much for the walkaround Susanne  sunny 

Hmmm..... He is looking reeeally tired - or sad - with the front hoof scraping the ground (Yes, I know it's for him to keep balance, but I'ver seen it made better on other models).
The idea was great, but I think maybe it is time for Papo to improve on their horse sculpting. Like CollectA has done big time Very Happy

Anyway, he is not completely awful, and I guess good customize artists could make him great  Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Thankyou, dear friends, for all your nice comments Wink

Paige, yes, - at least the family is conplete now Very Happy

LeeAnn, yes, a bit  too short back, and much too large head Rolling Eyes 

Roger, you are mucg too kind  Embarassed  But from now on, this horse's name i CHESS  cheers 

Carola, thankyou from Chess  Laughing Well, usually I LOVE Papo's horses, - they have so much more personality than most of Deborah's horses have - IMHO  Very Happy 

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:37 pm

thank you for sharing photos Susanne. These threads are always interesting.

I agree with you about the new Papo Percheron. It's not bad, just a little clunky and lacking detail. Roger's comparison to a chess piece seemed to exactly right. The Schleich Percheron is still my favorite.

SUSANNE wrote:
usually I LOVE Papo's horses, - they have so much more personality than most of Deborah's horses have - IMHO  Very Happy 

I agree. The collecta horses all start to look the same to me. I have a few and think they're great, but don't feel the need to collect more.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Thankyou, Scott  sunny 

scot(t) wrote:

..... The collecta horses all start to look the same to me. I have a few and think they're great, but don't feel the need to collect more.

Exactly !!!!  Rolling Eyes 

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:03 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, Scott  sunny 

scot(t) wrote:

..... The collecta horses all start to look the same to me. I have a few and think they're great, but don't feel the need to collect more.

Exactly !!!!  Rolling Eyes 

I agree on that feeling though  Very Happy I guess the CollectA horse year with the most diversity must have been the 2013 line. Else yes, they all look very similar.

I have the Morgan of 2014, and then one more on it's way(but that's because it's to try out the deluxe ones)  Wink We'll see for 2015  bounce 

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:46 am

He is very nice
congrats :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 am

Thankyou, Dum_my Very Happy 

Carola wrote:
...... I guess the CollectA horse year with the most diversity must have been the 2013 line. Else yes, they all look very similar.

I have the Morgan of 2014, and then one more on it's way(but that's because it's to try out the deluxe ones)  Wink We'll see for 2015  bounce 

So true  Rolling Eyes 

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Congrats Susanne!

PostSubject: Re: New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)   New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

New , black Percheron horse from Papo 2014 :-)
Page 1 of 1