Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 

My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi guys,
I start to repaint my PAPO-Jaguar.
This beautiful cat is half repainted now.. and I want to share with You, how  looks for now
...before I start with the dots Wink

Last edited by costicuba on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:25 pm

That`s for now...  monkey 

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Just looking at it now it would make a fantastic mountain lion. But I can't wait to se it finished!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 am

I agree, it actually looks better than Papo's mountain lion  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 am

Like that, one can clearly see the main problem of that figurine: This isn't a Jaguar head.

Back to top Go down
zosenwoans

Country/State : south korea

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm

No pattern originally, right?
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:38 pm

A hybrid Razz XD

Very nice WIP, can't wait to see it finished!

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:34 am

Yes, the color looks like amountain lion..but the anatomy is diferent. This stops me to make it like that. :)
PeGe, you are right...the head is not perfect Jaguar head...but still I like how PAPO made this cat.
Soon I`ll finish with repainting and I`ll show the result Wink

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:53 am

Good Job! Applause  I like this one a lot, I can't waith to see it finished  bounce 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:08 am

Looks very good so far, I can't wait to see it finished! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:22 am

Ok guys, I finished it .
Check this PAPO jaguar and be welcome to tell me what you think :)

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:28 am

Greetings to all of You :)
Kosta

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 am

Wow! Beautiful painted! Very successful Congratulations, I love your photos  Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny drunken 
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:25 am

Very very nice Applause  Applause  Applause

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:51 am

Astounding, great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 am

Beautiful paint job! He looks amazing! It's great to see you put also so much attention to his eyes, that makes him look alive.  Applause 
And the paws are very cute  cat 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 am

:)) Thank you lucky luke, Ulinuk, Saarlooswolfhound, Anna :) I`m happy that you like it .

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Jesus, this is so good! cheers
That figure is a problem for me, I love it anytime I see it in a shop or here in pictures and I never bought it. I think the original pattern is good for a mass produced figure, of course nothing close to your repaint. Though, this sculpt puts me always thinking that it is more like a leopard and not a jaguar. After watching it before finished, with a less distracting color, I am not so sure that it would work as a leopard but a jaguar it is not despite your painting giving it a very convincent illusion. Very Happy
I'd love to see how it could work repainted like a leopard but watching the result, it is great also that you keep its original species designation. Very Happy
You're very talented, please keep us updated. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm

You made a beautiful job on this one  Very Happy I love this sculpt and your painting enhances it a lot. Nevertheless I have the same problem than Roger, this can't be a jaguar and this is still a very attractive model  Wink 

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 pm

Holy, hopping hamster ! I missed this one  Sleep 

Kosta, you know I love your work, and this one confirms your great talent  bounce cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:06 am

Thank you Roger, Kikimalou and Susanne for your kind words. You make me happy :)))

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That figure is a problem for me, I love it anytime I see it in a shop or here in pictures and I never bought it. I think the original pattern is good for a mass produced figure, of course nothing close to your repaint. Though, this sculpt puts me always thinking that it is more like a leopard and not a jaguar. After watching it before finished, with a less distracting color, I am not so sure that it would work as a leopard but a jaguar it is not despite your painting giving it a very convincent illusion. Very Happy
I'd love to see how it could work repainted like a leopard but watching the result, it is great also that you keep its original species designation. Very Happy

I agree with you Roger. First I also considered the idea that will looks better like a leopard...but the head is a bit strange... it`s not a jaguar..it`s not a leopard.. Very Happy
When I repaint it, I wached a lot of pics from jaguars....and actually I think PAPO make the body great. The anatomy, the posture, even the skin texture..they are so real and made it beautifully.
The only problem with that figure is the head...and I think the chin face has to be diferent. Then will looks more like a jaguar.
But still a love this PAPO figure and I ripainted with a lot of pleasure and enthusiasm.
This is what a love in PAPO wild cats : they make the animals looks alive with them posture... not static. :)
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 am

Woooow... my jaw just dropped to the floor! Hoe amazing
My feelings are just my gosh is that you in your avatar?
teatch me to paint like that master!
You are diffenetly having a girlfriend  Wink Wink Wink  tongue 
That leopard is stunning !  I love you  Applause 

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Woooow... my jaw just dropped to the floor! Hoe amazing
My feelings are just my gosh is that you in your avatar?
teatch me to paint like that master!
You are diffenetly having a girlfriend  Wink Wink Wink  tongue 
That leopard is stunning !  I love you  Applause 

Thank you Dum_my  Very Happy , eyah, that`s me on my avatar   afro  ..and No, I don`t have a girlfriend right now  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:11 pm

That's a fantastic job, Kosta! He's like a brand new Surprised I like it very much Very Happy sunny 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:22 am

Thank you Jonesee Wink))

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:25 am

Shame Bulgaria is not very close to the Netherlands!

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:55 am

I love how it looks. wonderful work congratulations
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:01 am

Thank you for the nice words :)

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:16 am

I should obviously visit the Customs section more often! Your repaint is grand - the best big cat I've seen done, I think! The body heft issue is a shame, though, but the repaint itself is really beautiful. I like the sharp detail and the gradation of the underlying tones. Beautiful.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Shame Bulgaria is not very close to the Netherlands!

Indeed a big shame. That repaint is just stunning! The base was already awesome, a great look for a Puma. But those spots, the face, oh my! cheers cheers cyclops bounce

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:12 am

Thank you so much Koniminiatures and NightLioness :))

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I missed this topic! Wow! Wow! I am amazed!

Mgarat

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed May 20, 2015 12:12 am

I can´t see the pictures!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It´s me?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Wed May 20, 2015 12:27 am

No Mgarat....it was a problem with my photos, which I posted last year...
I was using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .... but after some mounths, they all gone.
Now I`m using Photobucket ...and I don`t have problems..
:)

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu May 21, 2015 12:01 am

Oh! what a pity! I am starting my jaguar model now and I would have liked seeing your repainted jaguar... Crying or Very sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu May 21, 2015 12:51 am

:) It was one of my first repaints....and I think, it is not very good... but I keep the photos, so I`ll show them for you :) I`ll show them in my repainted wild cats topic Wink

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu May 21, 2015 12:52 am

ok. Many thanks!!!

Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:19 am

Hi Roger, I agree. The PapO jaguar does not look like a Jaguar..It looks more Leopard and some kind of mix of a cat that does not even exist. To me, the Schleich jaguar is much , much more accurate
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:12 am

Hi Roger, I agree.  The PapO jaguar does not look like a Jaguar..It looks more Leopard and some kind of mix of a cat that does not even exist.  To me, the Schleich jaguar is much , much more accurate

Thanks for your comment! Very Happy Maybe that's the reason why I have the Schleich jaguar. Though, people is saying wonders about the new Safari jaguar too! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   

Back to top Go down

My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1