Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)

Go down 
+16
koniminiatures
luisgm
JonasV
Dum_my
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
ulinuk
lucky luke
Ana
Elros Alvar
NightLioness
zosenwoans
PeGe
orcagirl26
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) Empty
PostSubject: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:17 am

Hi guys,
I start to repaint my PAPO-Jaguar.
This beautiful cat is half repainted now.. and I want to share with You, how  looks for now
...before I start with the dots Wink

Last edited by costicuba on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 am

That`s for now...  monkey 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 am

Just looking at it now it would make a fantastic mountain lion. But I can't wait to se it finished!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm

I agree, it actually looks better than Papo's mountain lion  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Like that, one can clearly see the main problem of that figurine: This isn't a Jaguar head.

zosenwoans

Country/State : south korea

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 4:06 am

No pattern originally, right?
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:38 am

A hybrid Razz XD

Very nice WIP, can't wait to see it finished!

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Yes, the color looks like amountain lion..but the anatomy is diferent. This stops me to make it like that. :)
PeGe, you are right...the head is not perfect Jaguar head...but still I like how PAPO made this cat.
Soon I`ll finish with repainting and I`ll show the result Wink

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Good Job! Applause  I like this one a lot, I can't waith to see it finished  bounce 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Looks very good so far, I can't wait to see it finished! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Ok guys, I finished it .
Check this PAPO jaguar and be welcome to tell me what you think :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 pm

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:27 pm

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Greetings to all of You :)
Kosta

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Wow! Beautiful painted! Very successful Congratulations, I love your photos  Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny drunken 
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Very very nice Applause  Applause  Applause

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Astounding, great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:31 pm

Beautiful paint job! He looks amazing! It's great to see you put also so much attention to his eyes, that makes him look alive.  Applause 
And the paws are very cute  cat 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:42 am

:)) Thank you lucky luke, Ulinuk, Saarlooswolfhound, Anna :) I`m happy that you like it .

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:00 am

Jesus, this is so good! cheers
That figure is a problem for me, I love it anytime I see it in a shop or here in pictures and I never bought it. I think the original pattern is good for a mass produced figure, of course nothing close to your repaint. Though, this sculpt puts me always thinking that it is more like a leopard and not a jaguar. After watching it before finished, with a less distracting color, I am not so sure that it would work as a leopard but a jaguar it is not despite your painting giving it a very convincent illusion. Very Happy
I'd love to see how it could work repainted like a leopard but watching the result, it is great also that you keep its original species designation. Very Happy
You're very talented, please keep us updated. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:23 am

You made a beautiful job on this one  Very Happy I love this sculpt and your painting enhances it a lot. Nevertheless I have the same problem than Roger, this can't be a jaguar and this is still a very attractive model  Wink 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:10 am

Holy, hopping hamster ! I missed this one  Sleep 

Kosta, you know I love your work, and this one confirms your great talent  bounce cheers 

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Thank you Roger, Kikimalou and Susanne for your kind words. You make me happy :)))

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:07 pm

Roger wrote:
Jesus, this is so good! cheers
That figure is a problem for me, I love it anytime I see it in a shop or here in pictures and I never bought it. I think the original pattern is good for a mass produced figure, of course nothing close to your repaint. Though, this sculpt puts me always thinking that it is more like a leopard and not a jaguar. After watching it before finished, with a less distracting color, I am not so sure that it would work as a leopard but a jaguar it is not despite your painting giving it a very convincent illusion. Very Happy
I'd love to see how it could work repainted like a leopard but watching the result, it is great also that you keep its original species designation. Very Happy
You're very talented, please keep us updated. Very Happy

I agree with you Roger. First I also considered the idea that will looks better like a leopard...but the head is a bit strange... it`s not a jaguar..it`s not a leopard.. Very Happy
When I repaint it, I wached a lot of pics from jaguars....and actually I think PAPO make the body great. The anatomy, the posture, even the skin texture..they are so real and made it beautifully.
The only problem with that figure is the head...and I think the chin face has to be diferent. Then will looks more like a jaguar.
But still a love this PAPO figure and I ripainted with a lot of pleasure and enthusiasm.
This is what a love in PAPO wild cats : they make the animals looks alive with them posture... not static. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)   My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;) Empty

Back to top Go down

My PAPO- Jaguar repaint... and finished ;)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next