Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)

Go down 
+6
schleichsammler2008
Lady S
Carola
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
schleich61
10 posters
AuthorMessage
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) Empty
PostSubject: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 12:50 am

Just found this on eBay.com:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-JOKER-SDCC-2014-EXCLUSIVE-SCHLEICH-FIGURINE-9XX-TRU-Ent-Earth-DC-Batman-/321473885320?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item4ad9563488

A few years ago, after Schleich was acquired by British hedge fund, HG Capital, I predicted that there would be a big
shift from manufacture of animal figurines to human figurines, including action figures.  Now, it appears that the new
French hedge fund owner is following that path.  

I believe I was correct, I'm sorry to say... No Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 12:55 am

Rolling Eyes Another SE, and a non-animal too, can't say I'm surprised. I am sure Schleich is moving away from their animal line, which is okay with me, as I'm not buying much from the brand anymore. I don't like the cuteness and poor quality Sad

Thanks for sharing!

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 12:57 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Rolling Eyes Another SE, and a non-animal too, can't say I'm surprised. I am sure Schleich is moving away from their animal line, which is okay with me, as I'm not buying much from the brand anymore. I don't like the cuteness and poor quality Sad

Thanks for sharing!

I agree 100% with your comments, LeeAnn. It's sad, but at the end of the day, there are still plenty of old rare Schleich to collect and
many excellent brands out there... Smile 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 am

Interesting !cheers 
 A first run convention model for SDCC 2014

Schleich made comic-models before, it does not neccessarily mean a complete turn of their range, - but it may do, of course Shocked

I can't help noticing that it says "Soeren Hjort, President, Schleich...?" on the certificate. That is a Danish name  cheers Laughing 

Thankyou for this info, Phill  Applause 

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:06 am

This is very interesting Suspect Thank you for the information.

SUSANNE wrote:
Interesting !cheers 
 A first run convention model for SDCC 2014

Schleich made comic-models before, it does not neccessarily mean a complete turn of their range, - but it may do, of course  Shocked

I can't help noticing that it says "Soeren Hjort, President, Schleich...?" on the certificate. That is a Danish name  cheers Laughing 

Thankyou for this info, Phill  Applause 

Soeren Hjort - maybe we should go have a word with him  Cool Razz 

Lady S

Country/State : Uk

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:33 am

The company expanding into new markets is a good financial move for them surely? As Collectors it may even bump up prices of the rare/past editions as there may be more wanting to collect who had previously not heard of the company?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:45 am

Carola wrote:

Soeren Hjort - maybe we should go have a word with him  Cool Razz 

We could tell him just how to run the business  bounce Laughing Laughing 

schleichsammler2008

schleichsammler2008

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:13 am

I've won a Joker figurine in the Schleich contest on Facebook. Very exited!

P.S. The initial release of the key - look at it
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 am

WOW!!! Congratulations, Alex  cheers 

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Umm,Shocked  I don't like the new Schleich figures,Suspect pale  the new cute animals, and the bad fantasy and medievals figures stop me to get new figures of this brand  Rolling Eyes scratch 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:24 pm

schleichsammler2008 wrote:
I've won a Joker figurine in the Schleich contest on Facebook. Very exited!
Congrats Alex!!  Applause sunny 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Fes

Fes

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 3:18 pm

I will find it very disappointing if they're going mainly to the toy action figure market and away from animals. My collection is only of Schleich (disappointed enough in the recent models)- and I wont be getting any of the Comic type figures. They don't do it for me. Have to re look at Papo (can't really find any other 'quality' animal brands in shops in the UK so it's all overseas internet shopping taking a punt on the brand quality).

Sigh
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Lady S wrote:
The company expanding into new markets is a good financial move for them surely? As Collectors it may even bump up prices of the rare/past editions as there may be more wanting to collect who had previously not heard of the company?

I doubt there will be any upward movement in the prices of rare/past editions, as those prices have been declining for some time now. Many of the dedicated longtime Schleich collectors I know, including in Germany, have stopped collecting Schleich and are selling (or have already sold off) their Schleich collections...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 6:42 am

I'm a little a bit confused, hasn't this only just been announced now, that it will be released next year. Now it is available in amazon and ebay confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:06 am

Schleichgirl wrote:
I'm a little a bit confused, hasn't this only just been announced now, that it will be released next year. Now it is available in amazon and ebay confused scratch

A lot of time toy makers will have special or limited editions or runs specifically made for comic consAbout Comic Con (or Comic Book Conventions), usually as a publicity tool. For instance, Lego offered a mini figure of Bard the Bowman which was only available at the San Diego Comic Con. Other times they'll just have unique packaging or coloring or perhaps special certificates of authentication saying they're a first run, so the person who gets one first gets bragging rights....

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:47 am

They can be had cheaply, evidently, as I recently won one on auction for about $2.60... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Barricade

Barricade

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 am

Schleich is expanding, and that does NOT mean they will be moving away from producing Animal figures at all. Schleich is a pretty old traditional Toy company, and is finally growning the nuts to dig into *new* markets. That can only be seen positively in any way, as it also might open the door for animal *Collectors items* in the future wich are targeted at adults rather than children.

And about that really nicely sculpted Joker figure (great evil face!) - it was chosen by DC as their SDCC Exclusive - wich is a great honor. It was limited to 1000 pieces relaeased in a baggie with a 1st Run certificate, and it will be available to the mass market in a 2-pack with a Batman figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)   The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Joker (Comic Con 2014 Special Edition)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich Non animal series-
Jump to: