Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mountain Nyala from CollectA

Go down 
+17
arafan
Numa
Sergey
Seeway
sphyrna18
JonasV
donny ong
skysthelimit
lucky luke
ken yeo
Florian
Carola
animalluvr6
Roger
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Mountain Nyala from CollectA Empty
PostSubject: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySun 27 Jul 2014, 15:46

I can't find a real walkaround of this gorgeous model, - but if one already exists, I apologize.
However, he is so beautyful, that I am sure nobody will mind seing (more) pictures of him Wink

I took some pictures of him at artificial light last night, and as the weather was good for photos this morning, the rest are taken outdoors Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arrrhw  drunken 

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySun 27 Jul 2014, 15:49

He's stunning, fantastic figure and congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySun 27 Jul 2014, 17:09

A really must have!!  Big congratulations Susanne!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 01:02

There wasn't really yet a walk around of this wonderful figure. What we can find is a walk around of the prototype.This is surely one of the best figures of 2014 and a candidate to win the prise of the best of the year.I can't remember any other rendering of this animal besides the very wanted noah's Pals pair.His figure also represents an important step of recent kudu battle. Yes, this figure was originally projected to be another greater kudu, fortunately our member and friend Numaan, suggested CollectA to make a mountain nyala instead. cheers we all remember the old 1997 greater kudu, an almost naif figure from when Schleich was almost alone in this hobby. Only in 2009 Paapo released another greater kudu, a large but sumptuous figure. in 2011, Schleich made its 2nd version, improving their first version and making a more accurate rendition than Papo and added an extra calf. :The same year, Safari Ltd had an excelente idea releasing a lesser kudu, also a great figure and probably the first replica of that species. Now the CollectA figure johns all these positive points - accuracy, detail, excelente species choice, delicacy, natural pose and a correct size once it works perfectly with scales around 1:18. study sorry for my long comment Susanne. Al praises go directly to your excelente pictures. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 07:00

Roger ! Hurraay for your great memory and your great talent for analysis  cheers Applause 

I did not know that CollectA had planned to make a kudu, how enormously fortunate they made this one instead  affraid 

Here a quick photo of the little flock Very Happy

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 07:47

I'm in love! Thanks for sharing Susanne!  drunken I love you 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 08:44

I take an excelente medicine to the memory called Toy Animal Wiki, I recomend it to everyone although, after checking typing mistakes of my comment, i'm not sure it is good to rheumatism. geek  Laughing   great additional family portrait,  actually, the name mountain kudu  could describe better this species. flower

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 09:40

Aw he is really neat  Very Happy With great personality. I think maybe the eyes are a little too large?! Otherwise, he is stunning.

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 10:05

Congrats Susanne. This model is beautiful and a must have from CollectA Very Happy 

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 11:32

Congrats Susanne! This Mountain Nyala really look good. It would be one of the best in 2014 and maybe the best.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 14:08

ken yeo wrote:
Congrats Susanne! This Mountain Nyala really look good. It would be one of the best in 2014 and maybe the best.

cheers Applause Cool Very Happy Wink 
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014, 15:43

Fantastic figure

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 05:31

Congrats Susanne! How amazing!
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 10:27

Incredibly detailed and and wow, how colored! drunken Thank you, Susanne!  farao 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyThu 07 Aug 2014, 13:09

Shocked there are no words... that's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen... bounce What a Face 
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySat 09 Aug 2014, 02:59

excellent and informative photos
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySat 09 Aug 2014, 22:18

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySun 10 Aug 2014, 06:52

Thankyou, guys Very Happy

Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySun 26 Oct 2014, 19:41

You have taken some great photos Susanne, thanks!

A greater Kudu was scheduled but I thought it best to switch to a lesser known species and one that is quite rare too. They are all part of the same family of antelopes so why not and so I can't thank CollectA enough for taking this on rather than the Kudu of which we already have existing replicas. Smile
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySun 26 Oct 2014, 19:55

And I can't thank you enoguht for this awesome idea! Very Happy To make so an usual species to such a rare species! Very Happy (I personaly didn't know that animal before)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptySun 26 Oct 2014, 20:05

Numaan wrote:

A greater Kudu was scheduled but I thought it best to switch to a lesser known species and one that is quite rare too.  They are all part of the same family of antelopes so why not and so I can't thank CollectA enough for taking this on rather than the Kudu of which we already have existing replicas. Smile

That makes all the difference, I believe that sales are the same being a greater kudu or a nyala, both species are not very well known to regular customers and as you said, greater kudus are relatively common in toy animal figures. Also, while a greater kudu is not attractive to new customers, a nyala represents a nice alternative to the market. I hope CollectA keeps having your guidance once it is being important to enrich our collections. cheers

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014, 12:47

Roger wrote:
Numaan wrote:

A greater Kudu was scheduled but I thought it best to switch to a lesser known species and one that is quite rare too.  They are all part of the same family of antelopes so why not and so I can't thank CollectA enough for taking this on rather than the Kudu of which we already have existing replicas. Smile

That makes all the difference, I believe that sales are the same being a greater kudu or a nyala, both species are not very well known to regular customers and as you said, greater kudus are relatively common in toy animal figures.  Also, while a greater kudu is not attractive to new customers, a nyala represents a nice alternative to the market. I hope CollectA keeps having your guidance once it is being important to enrich our collections. cheers

Thanks guys. As long as we keep buying and supporting brands such as CollectA will they then listen to alternative ideas and suggestions so please continue supporting as I have been doing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dr.jones

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015, 10:00

It's a beauty, unfortunately mine after some time being posted on the shelf started bending in strange poses its legs. It's a common issue with Collecta because also my Striped Hyena experienced this.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015, 11:11

Yes, this is so sad !
My lovely cassowary can't stand either...and some of the horses Sad

MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015, 04:55

Love this animal too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mountain Nyala from CollectA   The Mountain Nyala from CollectA Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mountain Nyala from CollectA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next