Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals

Go down 
+2
widukind
blackdanter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals Empty
PostSubject: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 2:29 pm

As you can see, I've had a bit of time on my hands!

Chick Yuet is a mysterious Chinese company. Little, well nothing, seems to be known about them and they do not appear to be in business any longer. Around 2001 they produced what would have been deemed a 'chinasaur' type set of Prehistoric mammal figures which had limited distribution in the West but were sold in bagged sets of 6 figures. These figures seem to have been in part inspired by the BBC Series Walking With Beasts. The set would probably have gone unnoticed had it not been for the inclusion of Synthetoceras. Now this set and, in particular that figure, are highly sought after by collectors. Most collectors aware of these figures believe that the set consists of 6 figures however it's now thought that there are actually 7 figures associated with this set. The basic bagged sets usually consisted of the following figures:

Number 1 - Synthetoceras
Number 2 - Woolly Rhinoceros
Number 3 - Sabre Toothed Tiger
Number 4 - Entelodont
Number 5 - Woolly Mammoth
Number 6 - Hyaenodon

The twist in the tale is this. Every now and then one of those bagged sets would include only five of the above figures and have a different figure in it. The missing figure was usually Number 2, the woolly Rhino. Instead, the set would include a figure labelled as Number 2 but which appears to be a Musk Ox.

This kind of ties in with my experience of these figures. I was able to buy these in bulk a while back and have handled quite a few whilst supplying collectors around the globe. The Woolly Rhino figure was very prone to molding faults, I reckon that 5 in every 10 would have molding faults so bad that they were unsaleable. My thinking is that the Musk Ox figure replaced this at some point during the production run. That said, although all of the figures are rare and the Wooly Rhino is the toughest to actually find, the Sabre Tooth is equally as difficult to find. Ironically, the Synthetoceras is the commonest of these rare figures.

The Entelodont and Hyaenodon appear to be direct copies (not exact) of AAA figures. At least, that's the usual assumption. The others look like more or less unique sculpts. What do you think?

Here are the images. The AAA battery is included for size comparison (sorry, no Lego).

Number 1 - Synthetoceras

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Number 2 - Woolly Rhinoceros

Number 3 - Sabre Toothed Tiger

Number 4 - Entelodont

Number 5 - Woolly Mammoth

Number 6 - Hyaenodon

Substitute Number 2 - Musk Ox

Last edited by blackdanter on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Very interesting, have a Nayab style cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:29 pm

That's an excelent topic and it would be great both text and pictures to be used on Toy Animal Wiki once we have no information yet about that misterious brand. Very Happy
The AAA battery is more than perfect to show size. Very Happy I enjoy specially the enthelodont! Very Happy
Thanks for using some of your free time to give some excelent contributions to our forum. cheers

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:16 pm

A nice little series. Thanks for sharing them.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
blackdanter

blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Thank you all  Smile 
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Roger wrote:
That's an excelent topic and it would be great both text and pictures to be used on Toy Animal Wiki once we have no information yet about that misterious brand. Very Happy
The AAA battery is more than perfect to show size. Very Happy I enjoy specially the enthelodont! Very Happy
Thanks for using some of your free time to give some excelent contributions to our forum. cheers

Roger - Anything that I post here on STS Forum you have permission to use on the Animal Toy Wiki if you so wish. If I have any objections to anything being shared or used elsewhere then I will make it clear in the post and mark photographs accordingly.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 pm

They are wonderful  cheers 

No 2, 3, 4 and 5 look like small copies of AAAs, - not the batteries  Embarassed Laughing 

Thankyou very much for shareing, - and for making the photos available for TAI  Applause 

blackdanter

blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are wonderful  cheers 

No 2, 3, 4 and 5 look like small copies of AAAs, - not the batteries  Embarassed Laughing 

Thankyou very much for shareing, - and for making the photos available for TAI  Applause 

Susanne - Lol, you're the only person so far to pick up on the reason I used an 'AAA' battery for scale!  Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:57 am

blackdanter wrote:
Roger wrote:

Roger - Anything that I post here on STS Forum you have permission to use on the Animal Toy Wiki if you so wish. If I have any objections to anything being shared or used elsewhere then I will make it clear in the post and mark photographs accordingly.

Sorry for late reply, fortunately our queen already said thanks to you! Very Happy However, I want to thank you too! Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Love the musk ox! Nice things Wink cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals   Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals Empty

Back to top Go down

Chick Yuet - Prehistoric Mammals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: