Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!

Go down 
+13
Juan Andrés
orcagirl26
LeeAnn
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
Roger
sphyrna18
SUSANNE
john2xtheman
Geospiza fortis
MARTINLATIN
QuollMate
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello, I thought that I would post this thread to stir up excitement for the 2015 models.
I'm curious, what figures do you predict will be made?
Have you heard rumors, seen toy show advertisements, or been told things through friends?
Why do you have this prediction? Is it pure instinct or things you have proof of?

Here is my prediction.
Safari LTD posted on their FaceBook page months ago saying; "What fish should we include if we made a tropical fish tube?" This of course was after Safari announced their 2014 items, so obviously this must be a possible 2015 release. I really hope they do make one though, despite how much I have on my plate in terms of getting fish.

I wanna hear what your Predictions are! Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page

Last edited by Roger on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Safari LTD 2015 Predictions)
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 7:18 am

Moreeeeee cattle?
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm guessing another ceratopsid will be released  this year. Perhaps nasutoceratops? I also haven't seen any new sauropods recently so camarasaurus or another titanosauriform is possible as there are already two diplodocoids. I have found Safari a very predictible brand at times, but not always.

Last edited by Geospiza fortis on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Geospiza fortis wrote:
I'm guessing another ceratopsid will be released  this year. Perhaps nasutoceratops? I think it has all but been confirmed that there will be a new velociraptor in the Carnegie collection, originally scheduled for a 2014 release. I also haven't seen any new sauropods recently so camarasaurus or another titanosauriform is possible as there are already two diplodocoids. I have found Safari a very predictible brand at times, but not always.

Sometimes it's hard to guess. My tropical reef fish theory orginated from a suggestions post on FaceBook. I'm pretty sure they will release a tropical fish tube. I hope so.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:54 am

I'm going to randomly pull a few names out of my hat here with no basis in any kind of fact,well not much fact anyway:
Carnegie Collection:
either
Velociraptor mongoliensis (new updated sculpt)  
or
Styracosaurus albertensis (new updated sculpt) Very Happy 

Wild Safari will include:
Yutyrannus huali
Quetzalcoatlus northropi
Carcharodontosaurus saharicus (new updated sculpt)

Smile  Smile  Smile

Last edited by john2xtheman on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Hopefully not more black recyckling  Laughing Laughing 

Sorry  Embarassed 

A fish toob sounds good, - tropical or just northern ocean fish.

Lifecycle of a Fish could also be interesting - For instance trout or eel or plaice.
Evolution of the Horse would be fantastic, - with better material and finish that this year's Evolution of Man.

They need new goats for the farm, and about time with a new cat and/or rabbit...

But most of all, I hope so much that they will improve the paintwork, and make sure the models can stand Wink

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 11:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Hopefully not more black recyckling  Laughing Laughing 

Sorry  Embarassed 

A fish toob sounds good, - tropical or just northern ocean fish.

Lifecycle of a Fish could also be interesting - For instance trout or eel or plaice.
Evolution of the Horse would be fantastic, - with better material and finish that this year's Evolution of Man.

They need new goats for the farm, and about time with a new cat and/or rabbit...

But most of all, I hope so much that they will improve the paintwork, and make sure the models can stand Wink

I agree with you totally Susanne!
I hope to not find a queen's triggerfish or a clown triggerfish of the same mold or any of the other fish for that matter.
Better painting jobs and better molding would be a must.
I would indeed like any ocean related toob. The deep sea tube was a huge excitement for me!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Possible 2015 models?   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:50 am

I found something about a "Safari Ltd Extinct Animals Toob" on Safari Ltd's FaceBook.
I'm excited because not many extinct mammals in small scales are made. This could help my prehistoric collection.
Read the comments.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

QuollMate wrote:
I found something about a "Safari Ltd Extinct Animals Toob" on Safari Ltd's FaceBook.
I'm excited because not many extinct mammals in small scales are made. This could help my prehistoric collection.
Read the comments.

I don't know that there actually is an extinct mammals toob being released.  There is a person (a kid, I assume) who sends Safari drawings of his wishlists, and he has requested an extinct mammals toob for several years now, each year sending and posting pictures of what he wants included.  Apparently, this year he sent Safari some actual figures he made so they could use them as prototypes, I guess.  He posted these pictures on their Facebook page around the end of June:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Safari doesn't confirm having gotten them; nor do they confirm that they are even considering making this toob.  I'd say this is Wishes and Hopes; not reality.  I'd like to be proven wrong, but only if they use professional sculptors.  These figures are great for what they appear to be, which are handmade customs.  But I don't know that they would translate well into actual, official toob figures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:56 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
Read the comments.

I don't know that there actually is an extinct mammals toob being released.  There is a person (a kid, I assume) who sends Safari drawings of his wishlists, and he has requested an extinct mammals toob for several years now, each year sending and posting pictures of what he wants included.  Apparently, this year he sent Safari some actual figures he made so they could use them as prototypes, I guess.  He posted these pictures on their Facebook page around the end of June:

Safari doesn't confirm having gotten them; nor do they confirm that they are even considering making this toob.  I'd say this is Wishes and Hopes; not reality.  I'd like to be proven wrong, but only if they use professional sculptors.  These figures are great for what they appear to be, which are handmade customs.  But I don't know that they would translate well into actual, official toob figures.

I think they would do just fine as a Toob. I really hope that they do make this set. Yes, I have seen this guy put his pictures on Safari's FaceBook several times. I have seen some of his prehistoric animal Toob ideas and I love them!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:12 pm

QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
Read the comments.

I think they would do just fine as a Toob. I really hope that they do make this set. Yes, I have seen this guy put his pictures on Safari's FaceBook several times. I have seen some of his prehistoric animal Toob ideas and I love them!

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the species represented wouldn't translate well; the figures themselves wouldn't cast well. Keep in mind that that there is always detail lost when casting molds; the final product is rarely as detailed as the prototypes. These figures do not appear sculpturally detailed enough to really translate well into final figures. However, IMO, out of all the extinct animals to choose from, this lineup is a little too bird heavy and needs to drop the passenger pigeon and great auk and include a little more diversity. Just my opinion, though.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:18 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
Read the comments.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the species represented wouldn't translate well; the figures themselves wouldn't cast well.  Keep in mind that that there is always detail lost when casting molds; the final product is rarely as detailed as the prototypes.  These figures do not appear sculpturally detailed enough to really translate well into final figures.  However, IMO, out of all the extinct animals to choose from, this lineup is a little too bird heavy and needs to drop the passenger pigeon and great auk and include a little more diversity.  Just my opinion, though.

Yeah, I think his proto types are cool, but they wouldn't come out looking interesting. I do think that the set is a bit bird-ified. But I have noticed in the last 3-4 years that Safari has been downsizing the amount of figures they include in each tube, and for example, have made the Toob figures a lot bigger. Maybe if the designer of this tube considered adding more figures, it would be lest bird saturated. But I think Safari has lost interest in their 12 per set memo. They prefer 7-8 figures.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:36 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Yeah, I think his proto types are cool, but they wouldn't come out looking interesting. I do think that the set is a bit bird-ified. But I have noticed in the last 3-4 years that Safari has been downsizing the amount of figures they include in each tube, and for example, have made the Toob figures a lot bigger. Maybe if the designer of this tube considered adding more figures, it would be lest bird saturated. But I think Safari has lost interest in their 12 per set memo. They prefer 7-8 figures.

Agreed. Probably because fewer/larger figures allows them to be a little more detailed and higher quality (plus costs less to produce). This kid' original idea for this particular TOOB included species like the Bluebuck and I think at least one other that I would prefer over one or two of the birds. Either way, Safari hasn't said they are actually making this toob, so we can file this entire discussion under Wishes.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:25 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:

Agreed. Probably because fewer/larger figures allows them to be a little more detailed and higher quality (plus costs less to produce).  This kid' original idea for this particular TOOB included species like the Bluebuck and I think at least one other that I would prefer over one or two of the birds. Either way, Safari hasn't said they are actually making this toob, so we can file this entire discussion under Wishes.

I agree. I actually thought they were making this Toob for a long time.
You do make true points. Probably cheaper and better to make bigger figures.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 3:51 am

Well, this TOOB may or may not be produced, but I've seen some pictures of the Safari 2015 figures, and there are some definite WOW What a Face  intros this year! I can't be very specific, but there are some really nice new sea life figures (some things with gills), and a finned freshwater friend, an awesome new dragon, a spectacular looking, large, South American carnivore, a great looking large, circumboreal ungulate, and a feathered prehistoric... Let the speculations begin; sorry I can't be more specific. Not long now, I'm sure, till all are revealed. These are not the only releases for 2015, only those I've seen pictures of. I'm sure there are many more I haven't seen....
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 3:54 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
Well, this TOOB may or may not be produced, but I've seen some pictures of the Safari 2015 figures, and there are some definite WOW What a Face  intros this year!  I can't be very specific, but there are some really nice new sea life figures (some things with gills), and a finned freshwater friend, an awesome new dragon, a spectacular looking, large, South American carnivore, a great looking large, circumboreal ungulate, and a feathered prehistoric... Let the speculations begin; sorry I can't be more specific.  Not long now, I'm sure, till all are revealed.  These are not the only releases for 2015, only those I've seen pictures of.  I'm sure there are many more I haven't seen....

Where have you found such pictures???? Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 3:57 am

QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
Well, this TOOB may or may not be produced, but I've seen some pictures of the Safari 2015 figures, and there are some definite WOW What a Face  intros this year!  I can't be very specific, but there are some really nice new sea life figures (some things with gills), and a finned freshwater friend, an awesome new dragon, a spectacular looking, large, South American carnivore, a great looking large, circumboreal ungulate, and a feathered prehistoric... Let the speculations begin; sorry I can't be more specific.  Not long now, I'm sure, till all are revealed.  These are not the only releases for 2015, only those I've seen pictures of.  I'm sure there are many more I haven't seen....

promotional materials
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 3:59 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:

promotional materials

When you find the time, you should post pictures. You have no idea how many members here would KILL to see photos. Did you see any tubes? Those are the only safari figures I collect.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:02 am

QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:

promotional materials

When you find the time, you should post pictures. You have no idea how many members here would KILL to see photos. Did you see any tubes? Those are the only safari figures I collect.
unfortunately, I will mot be posting pictures; when safari wants pictures released, they will release them or give retailers the green light. Until then, sorry, no pictures.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:05 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:

promotional materials

unfortunately, I will mot be posting pictures; when safari wants pictures released, they will release them or give retailers the green light. Until then, sorry, no pictures.

Oh darn. I will respect your choice. I assume since you run am eBay shop and buy Safari for resale, you probably get to be among the first to see the new stuff.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:11 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
So the mystery feathered prehistoric will be ready for release in 2015... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
And though I have not yet seen pictures,I already know what it is going to be and that it is from the Carnegie Collection. I don't know what is going to be in the Wild Safari line yet though. Smile

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:13 am

john2xtheman wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
So the mystery feathered prehistoric will be ready for release in 2015... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
And though I have not yet seen pictures,I already know what it is going to be and that it is from the Carnegie Collection. I don't know what is going to be in the Wild Safari line yet though. Smile

I think last year, on Safari's Facebook, they hinted the release of a tropical fishes toob. Since he mentions all this sea life, that isn't too much of a mystery for me either. I'm excited to see the new toobs!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:20 am

QuollMate wrote:
john2xtheman wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:

I think last year, on Safari's Facebook, they hinted the release of a tropical fishes toob. Since he mentions all this sea life, that isn't too much of a mystery for me either. I'm excited to see the new toobs!
It won't be long until we get to see the pics of all the new items. Very Happy 

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 9:56 am

#omg
#aurchor!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 10:36 am

OK, I love speculations, according with Chad tips, I suppose there is a new jaguar for wildlife wonders amd a new reindeer for Wild Safari North America. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!   Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015! Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd predictions and first revelations for 2015!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next