Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !

Go down 
+36
Jill
Bonnie
George
Tove
Bowhead Whale
TeddyLam
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
halichoeres
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
Maja-Maus
sbell
Chris Sweetman
skysthelimit
Bloodrayne
elephas_maximus
SpiralStrix
TheLastStardust
weaselfan93
persefone
lucky luke
jarda
Taos
NightLioness
koniminiatures
widukind
Niki2811
JonasV
Florian
landrover
scot(t)
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Wonderful Chris:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:42 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:

Must try and get hold of at least one Jeol animal figure in 2015 and these hyenas Andrew look excellent.

Merten provided figures for model railways - mainly HO (1:87th scale) but also some excellent figures for O gauge (1:43.5 scale). The only Merten animals I have seen in the flesh were horses. They had riders so I passed on buying. These elephants are amazing Andrew and well worth looking out for.

Yes the Merten 1:87 scale models are much more common than these larger variations which is too bad because the bigger figures are nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:14 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:

Must try and get hold of at least one Jeol animal figure in 2015 and these hyenas Andrew look excellent.

This has been one of my goals as well Chris! Those Jeol Hyenas are so dang hard to find, but I'm optimistic.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 8:37 am

The PV lemurs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:52 am

Ohh my goodness ! They are so wonderful, Andreas drunken

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:51 am

I have a few odd things, but none may be stranger than this:

It's a wolverine from a National Wildlife Federation set given out by Dairy Queen! It might have originally had a base, but I don't have that (I found the figure at a garage sale).

I don't even know what the National Wildlife Federation is.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 pm

It is lovely !!! And surely excedingly rare Applause

Here is NVF Very Happy

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:30 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
It is lovely !!! And surely excedingly rare Applause

Here is NVF Very Happy  

Interesting. I can't even remember if there is a date stamp. I believe the only other one I ever saw online was an alligator or crocodile from the same set (I think someone I knew bought it--about 8 years ago!).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohh my goodness ! They are so wonderful, Andreas drunken

Thank you Susanne :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:44 pm

sbell wrote:

It's a wolverine from a National Wildlife Federation set given out by Dairy Queen! It might have originally had a base, but I don't have that (I found the figure at a garage sale).

Oh my god- a very good looking unknown figurine and we have no more informations. Unbelievable! Congratulations for this catch!

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:26 pm

widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

Oh my god- a very good looking unknown figurine and we have no more informations. Unbelievable! Congratulations for this catch!

I've been doing this a very long time Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:27 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

So no hope for me? Shocked affraid Sad

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 pm

widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

The chances of hunting down another is pretty slim, because I think they were given out in the 80s. Sort of up there with Riccolino figures from Mexico--I saw some once (and got the hyena), in 2006, and never again. And that same friend got a lion or koala or something soon after.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:18 pm

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

The chances of hunting down another is pretty slim, because I think they were given out in the 80s. Sort of up there with Riccolino figures from Mexico--I saw some once (and got the hyena), in 2006, and never again. And that same friend got a lion or koala or something soon after.

Arrrghhh Wink have you pics? That sounds very very interesting. But i think they dont have so much special species for me :)

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:09 pm

widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

Arrrghhh Wink have you pics? That sounds very very interesting. But i think they dont have so much special species for me :)

Of the Ricolino figures? I do not. I can't even find anything online at all. If I didn't have one--with paper that doesn't say much--I would really be able to prove they exist at all. Same pretty much goes for the NWF-Dairy Queen models.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:49 am

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

Of the Ricolino figures? I do not. I can't even find anything online at all. If I didn't have one--with paper that doesn't say much--I would really be able to prove they exist at all. Same pretty much goes for the NWF-Dairy Queen models.

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

I remember some years ago reading a Mexican blog about a collector of premium figures, among them, Ricolino. Very Happy
mercadolibre, a kind of EBAY that is widely used in Latin America, is the best source to find these figures.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:03 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

I remember some years ago reading a Mexican blog about a collector of premium figures, among them, Ricolino. Very Happy
mercadolibre, a kind of EBAY that is widely used in Latin America, is the best source to find these figures.

You're going to drive Andreas crazy!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 am

[quote="sbell"Of the Ricolino figures? I do not. I can't even find anything online at all. If I didn't have one--with paper that doesn't say much--I would really be able to prove they exist at all. Same pretty much goes for the NWF-Dairy Queen models.[/quote]

[/quote]

You're going to drive Andreas crazy![/quote]

Laughing Andreas only get crazy when there's nothing to look after. I am not sure these simple premium figures have anything missing in Andreas' collection. Though, in this link we can see a puffin and a bat, what is interesting. But, more interesting for Andreas is probably the macaw, I don't know if it features any species but if it does, it is surely not a common one. They also have a crazy fox for me but postages from Mexico to Portugal can be a big problem. affraid

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:56 am

Roger wrote:
[quote="sbell"Of the Ricolino figures? I do not. I can't even find anything online at all. If I didn't have one--with paper that doesn't say much--I would really be able to prove they exist at all. Same pretty much goes for the NWF-Dairy Queen models.

[/quote]

You're going to drive Andreas crazy![/quote]

Laughing Andreas only get crazy when there's nothing to look after. I am not sure these simple premium figures have anything missing in Andreas' collection. Though, in this link we can see a puffin and a bat, what is interesting. But, more interesting for Andreas is probably the macaw, I don't know if it features any species but if it does, it is surely not a common one. They also have a crazy fox for me but postages from Mexico to Portugal can be a big problem.  affraid [/quote]

And I just learned that 'zorro' in Spanish is Fox!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:08 pm

That are not so bad figurines- but like the Kaiyodos not solid. But the macaw, the bat, the fox and the sea puffin are interesting species/subspecies. I think the fox s a kit fox too and i am sure very interesting for a special fox collection :)

But the prices affraid affraid affraid

And i hope too to get some more informations next time.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:52 pm

widukind wrote:
That are not so bad figurines- but like the Kaiyodos not solid. But the macaw, the bat, the fox and the sea puffin are interesting species/subspecies. I think the fox s a kit fox too and i am sure very interesting for a special fox collection :)

The price is quite affordable, $200 Mexican pesos are more or less 10 Euros and the price is for the complete lot. They use $, actually, it was used for the 1st time with the Mexican coin and not with US dolar. I agree that it is not surely a red fox and a kit fox makes sense in a Mexican collection. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

The price is quite affordable, $200 Mexican pesos are more or less 10 Euros and the price is for the complete lot. They use $, actually, it was used for the 1st time with the Mexican coin and not with US dolar. I agree that it is not surely a red fox and a kit fox makes sense in a Mexican collection. Very Happy

Thank you, that is a very good information and now interesting.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:34 pm

old silver pheasant (Lineol or Elastolin i think), Merten Elephant and K&M snowy egret

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Beautiful addition to your collection Andreas! Very Happy Applause cheers
I particularly like the egret Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next