Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

cheers santa Time for the suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of December. Click here cheers santa

Share | 

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:05 am

The Museum of Science in Boston dinosaur series from Battat has been reissued as the Terra series.Included in the release are repaints of at least some of the originals and 6 new models for the series.They are going to be showing up in Target stores any day now (some have already started showing up on shelves in some Target stores).
The new models so far are Cryolophosaurus,Dacentrurus,Gastonia,Gigantoraptor,Nanshiungosaurus,& Pachyrhinosaurus sculpted by Dan LoRusso,who did half of the original Museum of Science,Boston line.

Here is a link to the new additions from the sculptor's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.351765294974477.1073741840.166381366846205&type=1

Very Happy

Last edited by john2xtheman on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 am

That's truly interesting and exciting! many thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:10 pm

They are gorgeous !  bounce bounce cheers

Gosh! Look at the pictures on that facebook  Shocked 

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:53 pm

My world! That Gigantoraptor! That Pachy! Now to figure out a way to procure them.. no Target on this continent that I know of. Perhaps there'll be a helpful soul here on the forum? I suspect other Europeans will have an interest in these as well..

Last edited by koniminiatures on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
animalz

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Exciting, huh!? This news also generated a lot of discussion on the DTF, as one might expect! http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.0

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Resurection of the Battat Dinosaur Series.   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 am

Ok, Some of you Dino collectors may have heard of Battat, Well there making new dinosaurs, and bringing back the old ones that were retired over 20 years ago.

These are some of the originals, and they are slated to be re-released in brand new color schemes

But in addition to those, there are going to be new species, and fours of these are available now at Target Store in the USA. (Pachyrhinosaurus, Crylophosaurus, Decentrurus, and Nanshiugosaurus

and there is going to be two more for later in the year (Gastonia and Gigantoraptor)

Here's the only one I have right now, the Pachyrhinosaurus

Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 am

@animalz wrote:
Exciting, huh!? This news also generated a lot of discussion on the DTF, as one might expect! http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.0
Yes this IS exiting news.With not only Safari Ltd's Carnegie Collection still going strong,we have regular new Kaiyodo miniature prehistoric sets AND the return of Battat's line with new additions.That's 3 out of four of my favorite lines being active now (imagine if Invicta's line were to resurface with new additions like Battat's just did?)  Very Happy

Last edited by john2xtheman on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:02 am

that is freaking AWESOME!! happy day, oh happy day.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:34 am

WOW! That first picture  Shocked What a fabulous bunch  cheers

Yes, we heard about them HERE , but good news can't be told too often Very Happy

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Wow! I'm not into dinosaurs as much as others on the forum, but these have looked interesting since some other members have posted photos of theirs but the price of them on eBay was outrageous! What section of the store would they be in? scratch 

Hopefully they'll be in the display boxes that's picture on Facebook and not on shelving similar to Schleich, Safari Ltd., Papo etc. so it'll reduce scratches/scuffs.
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:49 pm

@orcagirl26 wrote:
Wow! I'm not into dinosaurs as much as others on the forum, but these have looked interesting since some other members have posted photos of theirs but the price of them on eBay was outrageous! What section of the store would they be in? scratch 

Hopefully they'll be in the display boxes that's picture on Facebook and not on shelving similar to Schleich, Safari Ltd., Papo etc. so it'll reduce scratches/scuffs.
Yes,$8.00 does seem a lot more appealing than $80.00.Very Happy 
When they get there (some Target stores have them already,others haven't yet) they will be in the toy section where they once had the Schleich animals,dinosaurs and fantasy figures.It seems as though they have replaced Schleich with Battat there now.
And yes,they will be boxed. Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:48 am

By the way. they made Modern animals too

[URL=https://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Quendrega/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb8754777.jpg.html]
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:57 am

Not only modern animals by the look of it.I see what appears to be fantasy figures too. Smile 

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:30 am

yes those too.
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:12 am

I saw the display going up at our local Target today! I am going to check back tomorrow - as pictures above they appear to have modern animals as well.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 pm

The models look great!!I have some of the original Battat Dinos.The modern animals look interesting!!Am in San Francisco from next week on holidays and am hoping the Target there will have some of the models!!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:14 pm

@john2xtheman wrote:
@orcagirl26 wrote:

Yes,$8.00 does seem a lot more appealing than $80.00.Very Happy 
When they get there (some Target stores have them already,others haven't yet) they will be in the toy section where they once had the Schleich animals,dinosaurs and fantasy figures.It seems as though they have replaced Schleich with Battat there now.
And yes,they will be boxed. Very Happy 

Some sellers are asking for more than $80! But I agree $8 is more appealing.

I figured they would be in the toy section, but I asked just to be sure. I haven't been in that section since they stopped selling Schleich. I see a few sea animals in the picture and I'm guessing they would be solid like the other brands and not hollow  scratch Also, $5 for the animals doesn't seem too bad either.
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:20 pm

@Takama wrote:
By the way. they made Modern animals too

Do you do what brand the wildlife figures are?  I see elephants, rhino, lion etc.  Are they just rebranded china figures? I don't think Battat did any wildlife figures.

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Takama

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:00 am

I have no information on the Animal Figures. I don't know if there original sculpts for the line, or something new.

I hope to Get to a Target that sells them today(my local one does not have them yet) I might take some photos.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 am

Very nice!! Have anybody more informations about the sealife figurines?

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:51 am

@jhudstone wrote:
I saw the display going up at our local Target today! I am going to check back tomorrow - as pictures above they appear to have modern animals as well.

Welcome back sunny 

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:31 pm

@Takama wrote:
I have no information on the Animal Figures.   I don't know if there original sculpts for the line, or something new.

I hope to Get to a Target that sells them today(my local one does not have them yet)  I might take some photos.

Great, thanks Takama
Back to top Go down
Takama

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Ok, here is some of the Animals

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Thanks, it seems they have a wide range though figures look more from early 1990 years. Charming, too charming perhaps. Laughing What is the animal to the left of the owl? geek Very Happy

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:44 pm

I love the snowy owls Shocked cheers

@Roger: Maybe a wolf puppy or a false colored lynx?  scratch Laughing 

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for the closeup photos Takama, very helpful.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:50 pm

I find it interesting that Target is bringing in these after getting rid of Schleich. Thanks for the photos Takama, I will have to see if there are any horses that are appealing to me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:51 pm

@Roger wrote:
What is the animal to the left of the owl? geek Very Happy

And behind THAT creature? lol!
Back to top Go down
shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:42 am

I got a wolf and fox one at Target today! They had some nice farm animals and other wildlife. Was tempted to get the doe but just stuck with the wolf and fox for now.

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:13 am

@shadoweon wrote:
I got a wolf and fox one at Target today! They had some nice farm animals and other wildlife. Was tempted to get the doe but just stuck with the wolf and fox for now.

Do you have a photo or is there any chance that we can see it? I am really interested in that fox whatever it looks like! bounce bounce
Congrats! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks for the photos! The orca doesn't look too bad. I'm not so sure about the humpback whale, bottlenose dolphin, shark, manta ray or sea turtle. I'm guessing these are solid, judging by the sticker tags and the "scenery packs"  scratch 
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Many thanks for the pics  sunny sunny sunny 

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Is there a link to a webpage that shows all of the figures by this brand?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Yesterday I stopped in the closest Target store to see if they had this brand in yet, and they did! bounce

I got three horses, I was going to get four but they only had one of the drafter and he was damaged, so I didn't get him. Sad  Hopefully they'll get the drafters back in!

Roger, here's the fox. Sorry for the horrible cell phone photos.

They also had a croc, a very nice one IMHO Wink
[

The horses appear to be representing different breeds, there was a black horse that is "parked out" like a TWH. The drafter must be a clyde or a shire, my one horse is some sort of gypsy critter, and I think the one is supposed to be a haflinger. Now, they're not excellent examples of the breeds at all but it's nice to see horses that look more like a certain breed rather than "just a horse."

Those scenery pack animals are tiny! Shocked The animals may be a half inch tall, if that. The animal in the front left hand corner looks to be a baby bobcat, and the one behind is a wolf pup. The deer is adorable! Very Happy

Most of the animals are very cute (but not Schleich-cute, you'll see what I mean on the horses), but some, like the cattle, croc, and fox are well done.

There are a lot of horses, there's a leopard appaloosa, bay draft, black pony, palomino pony, chestnut pinto, grey, I think a black rearing one...  affraid  Some of them are very reminiscent of the older CollectAs. Most have weirdly placed legs and shoulders, they're conformational trainwrecks. But still cute. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Oh Leeann, many thanks! Very Happy I am so excited to know their range even they look more to the toy side. Thanks for pictures, I hope to be able of getting that fox! bounce It looks a youngster and as a design different from others what gives interest to it. Very Happy
It is good to see that our North American community is working to provide us more information about these Terra by Battat. Very Happy
I've seen the alligator on shelves pictures, it is very charming and full of tension. Laughing
But I have no idea why so many people think that I collect crocs? scratch scratch Do you collect humans? Wink tongue Laughing
By the way, have you found what was the misterious animal behind the lynx/wolf? Laughing alien :afraid: .. and we want to see your horses, please. Very Happy

@Bonobo wrote:
I love the snowy owls Shocked cheers

@Roger: Maybe a wolf puppy or a false colored lynx?  scratch Laughing 

Laughing Maybe a bobcat! cat

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Happy to help! Very Happy

I think the animal behind the lynx/wolf is a wolf pup. Wink A very unusual one, but probably a wolf pup.

Horses are coming, photo booth is being set up now. bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Now I see that you had already replied to the wolf mistery, When I see a fox I start jumping amd that's a real problem. bounce geek

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Takama

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Here some pictures from the Animal Toy Forum

Back to top Go down
krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Wow, that's really interesting news! : O

I dream of owning the original Battat Parasaurolophus one day.

The forest animal set looks very interesting (especially the colouring of the caribou).  I kinda want them :D And the fox and the wolf too.

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks Takama, Now I need to rebuilt my opinion. scratch
I am not sure they're as child oriented as I thought before. They're generally long legged and some even have small heads. It is not the usual in very child oriented toys. There's hope for me of seeing great figures in that brand, long legs fit very well with elephants for example. elephant
Wolf looks a very nice figure while the jaguar looks a cheetah what is paradoxal! Shocked Lion is generally poor but brands are rarely good making lions with the exception of Mojo that is probably releasing a not repeteable one this year. Very Happy Raccoon is far from being cute, ... something to follow for sure. Very Happy

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 pm

I got mine...

Images from the store:

Back to top Go down
shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:44 pm

I took a photo of my fox in comparison to my Safari Ltd one,it's really big!

Sorry for late reply. I want to get the forest animal set eventually,the caribou kind of reminds me of a fallow deer.

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Very interesting, I haven't been in Target for toys in a long time. They stopped carrying Playmobil and just had Schleich that is easily available everywhere here. I will stop in to my local one and see what they have. Those barrels of small animals interest me. I seem to be more into minis and tube type animals these days. The dinos too of course are the big story, great to see the Battat range available again and with new additions.
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 pm

It didn't seem to me like the tube animals are any different than the typical "made in china" copies that so many brands make, but I didn't look too close.
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:41 pm

One of the two targets in my town had the new figures. I got the Pachyrhinosaurus and the Dacentruras dinos and a fox for Roger. In general I think the line is not well sculpted except the dinosaurs. They are not realistic enough to be good models and not toy like or charming enough to be good young kids toys. At the prices I suspect they will not do that well, again except for the dinosaurs. The giraffe was not too bad and I like the reindeer except it is in an expensive gift box with some other ok and some very bad animals and all very small. The barrels of toob type animals were typical made in China ones and not any nice ones like AAA or Nayab. I will watch for the other dinosaurs eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:13 am

When I went to the nearest Target store to me all they had where the farm animals, one of the fantasy figures (can't recall which one) and the pachyrhinosaurus and dacentruras. However, they are solid and not hollow like i had been thinking.
Back to top Go down
ecoly24

Country/State : china

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:50 am

perfect news!forward to Diplodocus
Back to top Go down
apichartu

Country/State : Thailand

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:51 pm

I saw cattle (Long Horn, Black & White Holstein, Black Bull, etc.) in the shelf. Could you please take photo of them?

Thanks !!!  Wink bounce bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:04 am

@shadoweon wrote:
I took a photo of my fox in comparison to my Safari Ltd one,it's really big!

Sorry for late reply. I want to get the forest animal set eventually,the caribou kind of reminds me of a fallow deer.

Thanks for comparison picture, she's tall as many of other figures. Very Happy

@ecoly24 wrote:
perfect news!forward to Diplodocus

Welcome on forum, I see you're an enthusiast of sauropods. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   

Back to top Go down

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next