Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!

Go down 
+20
googie212
apichartu
ecoly24
Tiermann
krista
shadoweon
LeeAnn
Bonobo
widukind
elephas_maximus
Taos
jhudstone
orcagirl26
scot(t)
Takama
animalz
koniminiatures
SUSANNE
Roger
john2xtheman
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Empty
PostSubject: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:05 am

The Museum of Science in Boston dinosaur series from Battat has been reissued as the Terra series.Included in the release are repaints of at least some of the originals and 6 new models for the series.They are going to be showing up in Target stores any day now (some have already started showing up on shelves in some Target stores).
The new models so far are Cryolophosaurus,Dacentrurus,Gastonia,Gigantoraptor,Nanshiungosaurus,& Pachyrhinosaurus sculpted by Dan LoRusso,who did half of the original Museum of Science,Boston line.

Here is a link to the new additions from the sculptor's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.351765294974477.1073741840.166381366846205&type=1

Very Happy

Last edited by john2xtheman on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 am

That's truly interesting and exciting! many thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:10 pm

They are gorgeous !  bounce bounce cheers

Gosh! Look at the pictures on that facebook  Shocked 

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:53 pm

My world! That Gigantoraptor! That Pachy! Now to figure out a way to procure them.. no Target on this continent that I know of. Perhaps there'll be a helpful soul here on the forum? I suspect other Europeans will have an interest in these as well..

Last edited by koniminiatures on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
animalz

animalz

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Exciting, huh!? This news also generated a lot of discussion on the DTF, as one might expect! http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.0

http://www.animaltoyforum.com
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Resurection of the Battat Dinosaur Series.   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 am

Ok, Some of you Dino collectors may have heard of Battat, Well there making new dinosaurs, and bringing back the old ones that were retired over 20 years ago.

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! 20861210
These are some of the originals, and they are slated to be re-released in brand new color schemes

But in addition to those, there are going to be new species, and fours of these are available now at Target Store in the USA. (Pachyrhinosaurus, Crylophosaurus, Decentrurus, and Nanshiugosaurus

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! 10446210

and there is going to be two more for later in the year (Gastonia and Gigantoraptor)

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! 10525710

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! 10603510

Here's the only one I have right now, the Pachyrhinosaurus

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2211

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2212

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2213

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2214

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2215

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2216

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2217
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 am

animalz wrote:
Exciting, huh!? This news also generated a lot of discussion on the DTF, as one might expect! http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.0
Yes this IS exiting news.With not only Safari Ltd's Carnegie Collection still going strong,we have regular new Kaiyodo miniature prehistoric sets AND the return of Battat's line with new additions.That's 3 out of four of my favorite lines being active now (imagine if Invicta's line were to resurface with new additions like Battat's just did?)  Very Happy

Last edited by john2xtheman on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:02 am

that is freaking AWESOME!! happy day, oh happy day.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:34 am

WOW! That first picture  Shocked What a fabulous bunch  cheers

Yes, we heard about them HERE , but good news can't be told too often Very Happy

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Wow! I'm not into dinosaurs as much as others on the forum, but these have looked interesting since some other members have posted photos of theirs but the price of them on eBay was outrageous! What section of the store would they be in? scratch 

Hopefully they'll be in the display boxes that's picture on Facebook and not on shelving similar to Schleich, Safari Ltd., Papo etc. so it'll reduce scratches/scuffs.
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:49 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Wow! I'm not into dinosaurs as much as others on the forum, but these have looked interesting since some other members have posted photos of theirs but the price of them on eBay was outrageous! What section of the store would they be in? scratch 

Hopefully they'll be in the display boxes that's picture on Facebook and not on shelving similar to Schleich, Safari Ltd., Papo etc. so it'll reduce scratches/scuffs.
Yes,$8.00 does seem a lot more appealing than $80.00.Very Happy 
When they get there (some Target stores have them already,others haven't yet) they will be in the toy section where they once had the Schleich animals,dinosaurs and fantasy figures.It seems as though they have replaced Schleich with Battat there now.
And yes,they will be boxed. Very Happy 

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:48 am

By the way. they made Modern animals too

[URL=https://s1291.photobucket.com/user/Quendrega/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb8754777.jpg.html]Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Image_zpsb8754777
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 2:57 am

Not only modern animals by the look of it.I see what appears to be fantasy figures too. Smile 

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:30 am

yes those too.
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:12 am

I saw the display going up at our local Target today! I am going to check back tomorrow - as pictures above they appear to have modern animals as well.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 pm

The models look great!!I have some of the original Battat Dinos.The modern animals look interesting!!Am in San Francisco from next week on holidays and am hoping the Target there will have some of the models!!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:14 pm

john2xtheman wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

Yes,$8.00 does seem a lot more appealing than $80.00.Very Happy 
When they get there (some Target stores have them already,others haven't yet) they will be in the toy section where they once had the Schleich animals,dinosaurs and fantasy figures.It seems as though they have replaced Schleich with Battat there now.
And yes,they will be boxed. Very Happy 

Some sellers are asking for more than $80! But I agree $8 is more appealing.

I figured they would be in the toy section, but I asked just to be sure. I haven't been in that section since they stopped selling Schleich. I see a few sea animals in the picture and I'm guessing they would be solid like the other brands and not hollow  scratch Also, $5 for the animals doesn't seem too bad either.
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Takama wrote:
By the way. they made Modern animals too

Do you do what brand the wildlife figures are?  I see elephants, rhino, lion etc.  Are they just rebranded china figures? I don't think Battat did any wildlife figures.

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:00 am

I have no information on the Animal Figures. I don't know if there original sculpts for the line, or something new.

I hope to Get to a Target that sells them today(my local one does not have them yet) I might take some photos.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 am

Very nice!! Have anybody more informations about the sealife figurines?

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 11:51 am

jhudstone wrote:
I saw the display going up at our local Target today! I am going to check back tomorrow - as pictures above they appear to have modern animals as well.

Welcome back sunny 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Takama wrote:
I have no information on the Animal Figures.   I don't know if there original sculpts for the line, or something new.

I hope to Get to a Target that sells them today(my local one does not have them yet)  I might take some photos.

Great, thanks Takama
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Ok, here is some of the Animals

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2311

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2312

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2313

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2314

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Sam_2315
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Thanks, it seems they have a wide range though figures look more from early 1990 years. Charming, too charming perhaps. Laughing What is the animal to the left of the owl? geek Very Happy

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:44 pm

I love the snowy owls Shocked cheers

@Roger: Maybe a wolf puppy or a false colored lynx?  scratch Laughing 

PostSubject: Re: Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!   Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Reissue of Battat Dinosaur Range with New Models in U.S. Target stores!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next