Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28

Go down 
+47
Wilorvise
DestrierModels
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
TheSpottedCat
christinavanderschouw
Mgarat
Night Elf
Tarunyada
costicuba
sadie3112
Regy
JonasV
Kikimalou
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
Shanti
Dum_my
koniminiatures
Sassyscribbler
Bloodrayne
NightLioness
Bonobo
MiniZoo
Robert
scot(t)
Deseo
Damon
Florian
Fisva
A.R.Garcia
Pluisje1998
SyLoBe
A-J
Taos
persefone
boba_jagoda
sortepletter
elephas_maximus
Jetty
Silver Unicornis
Elros Alvar
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Miss Jane
51 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 Empty
PostSubject: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 1:35 am

I combined all of my custom topics into one, so I'll use this topic for all of my customs. Wink

The second I saw a photo of this figure (I think it was Paige's photo, thanks Paige!), I immediately saw a picture in my head of a custom German Wirehaired Pointer! So I bought one online and started chopping him up  Laughing 

Before
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Hind leg at weird angle)

(Looking at that front leg, I knew that was going to take a lot of work. To me, it looked like the leg was broken and the dog was holding it up)

After

Overall, this guy had many changes. First thing I did was chop off that weird leg.  affraid I took a small screwdriver and made a tiny hole in the leg piece that was cut off, and another in the body where the leg was cut off from. I had to cut a little off the leg, as it was too long. Then I stuck a wire through the leg and into the body and filled the gap with clay. That fixed up the weird "broken leg" angle of that hind leg. Next piece to get chopped off was the long tail. Then the broken front leg. That entire leg was resculpted, with a wire skeleton under the clay. Pieces of the ears were cut off and remade as well. His belly was sanded off and markings from PAPO removed. All of the paws were lengthened, to make him stand easier (he was very tipsy after I moved the leg!). Then I added the hair on his face and redid the tail (which cracked off countless times!), okay I redid the tail a lot. I also had to fill in the belly quite a bit (if you look at the last "before" photo, you can see how strange the belly looks. You can see the big difference in the after photos!). Finally I added clay to the entire dog and retextured to give him a wirehaired appearance.

He is painted in an acrylic basecoat and many, many layers of pastels. The nose, eyes, and white on the face are done in acrylics. His eyes are glossed and his nose slightly glossed. Then I made the tiny collar hardware with wire and created the orange collar with thin ribbon. The clay I used was a craft store (Michael's) version of "Creative Paperclay."

I made him as a replica of a friend's real German Wirehaired Pointer. I tricked her into send me photos of her dog, Fin, actually.  Laughing I told her I was making an "art project" on the breed, if she could provide photos of her dogs for my references. Hey, it's not that far off!  What a Face When I gave it to her, she was so emotional, and started crying she loved it so much! It was hilarious when she realized what she sent all the photos for.  Laughing Laughing Ah, that was good! I guess I did a good replication then!  Applause study 

I hope you enjoyed viewing photos of "Mini Fin," my first custom!  sunny

Last edited by LeeAnn on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:21 am; edited 29 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:02 am

Shocked Holy cow, that transformation is incredible. Fantastic job! cheers 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:32 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Shocked Holy cow, that transformation is incredible.  Fantastic job! cheers 

Thank you very much Paige!  cheers cheers 

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 4:01 am

Excellent work! So happy to see some doggie customs!
 Applause  Applause  cheers  cheers 

What did you use for blending the colours when painting?

What a beautiful way to surprise a friend!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:13 am

Wow, you'd hardly believe it was the same model, he's absolutely wonderful! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:56 am

Quite a transformation indeed, beautiful work! Congratulations! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:07 am

That is AWESOME  affraid 
It doesn't look like a re-make at all, but is a perfect Roughhair Applause 

What a fantastic transformation !!!! The new dog is wonderful !cheers 
Not surprising that your friend was so happy she cried  Very Happy 

Thankyou for the great pictures, and for describing how you did , it is very, very interesting  study Applause 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:08 am

Great work  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Thank you all very much!  cheers  cheers 

Miss Jane wrote:
What did you use for blending the colours when painting?
Basically I just "scrub" the powder into the texture of the figure with a brush... it's hard to explain  scratch With the powder pastels it's very simple IMHO to blend the colors.  sunny 

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:12 am

I am very interested. What did you use for fixative?
Did you have to do repeated layers?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Miss Jane wrote:
I am very interested. What did you use for fixative?
Did you have to do repeated layers?

I use "Tree House Studio Clear Acrylic Matte Spray" for fixative. Pastels are done in many layers, in one spot at a time, as they are only "stuck" on the figure after you spray it with the fixative. If you do the whole thing at once, your pastels will come off all over your fingers and your workspace, and all of the colors will blend together into one. Shocked So the process is "paint" a layer, spray a layer, let dry, "paint" a layer, spray a layer, let dry... It's very time consuming but the result is beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me I did 30-40 layers of just pastels.

And the great thing with powder pastels is they're fairly inexpensive and last forever. In fact, the set I use now is from my neighbor's mother who lived a long while back  Rolling Eyes 

Some people use gloves with powder pastels, but I prefer not to. It just doesn't feel right with plasticy clear blobs on your fingers.

Very Happy 

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:52 pm

I love it I love you cheers cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks Jonas Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:12 am

4U, congratulations for performing such a great transformation with so fantastic results. Very Happy
Sometimes, we, not artists, watch your works without having any idea about the work behind it. So, it was extremely interesting to read your descritive comments about your work. :)
The result is splendid and it was great to know that you surprised a friend with your Art! flower

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:35 am

Thank you very much Roger! cheers

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 5:09 pm

He is wonderful!! Love the changes, great job! And I like the matching collar as well!  cheers affraid 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Thank you Shanti! cheers

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Yes 4U, Applause  you made a Wonderful Job  drunken drunken I love you 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks Alvaro! cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Breyer Bouncer to Fjord Work in Progress Thread   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:53 pm

A few weeks ago I purchased a custom work in progress on MH$P. Probably everyone knows by now that the Breyer Bouncer is my favorite mold, and the fjord is my favorite breed. Well, this custom was a bouncer being turned into a fjord! Shocked How perfect!

When I saw the ad, the horse was already on hold. Sad I thought there was no chance I would own him, but I emailed the seller anyway and asked her to keep me in mind in case the sale fell through.

Well, it did! The first person that contacted her didn't understand or didn't read the seller's payment policy, so the horse was up for grabs again! The bouncer-fjord was mine!  bounce 

I got him for a heck of a deal, he's already had extensive custom work done to him, and he's been filled too! So he's very heavy. The seller told me she did him years ago, but never got around to finishing him. So she wanted him to be loved by someone else that will be able to get him completed. Very Happy

I had to wait a little while until I could get started working on him, however. He will be my first extensive custom project, a "drastic custom" we call it. I needed to order some Magic Sculpt.

The MS came today, so now it's time to start a progress thread. Wink Hopefully I can start on him soon!

For those not familiar with the Bouncer mold, this is how this fjordie started:

And this is how I purchased him:

More angles:

I will dremel off the mane and create a new one, I don't like the mane he has right now. I also want to make him as correct as possible, since the Bouncer mold has many issues with his ABCs. Rolling Eyes

Once he's done, I don't plan on painting him myself. I hope to save up enough money to commission a hobby painter to do his finishwork for me. Very Happy There are few people I would love to have him finished by, but I'm pretty sure I can't afford them. Laughing

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated! Obviously he needs another ear...

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 pm

He needs a new neck, this one looks painfully short :/
Other than that - brave choice! I'd never have thought of changing Bouncer into a Fjord :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:33 pm

I agree, the neck is definitely very short, even for a fjord.

Thanks! I was actually thinking about a Bouncer to fjord CM a few days before I saw the ad, what a coincidence that I was able to buy it already in progress!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:46 pm

What a great project  cheers 

I love the head, - the one who started surely has talent !

Well, the neck is actually not too short, if the body had been the old kind of Fjord, - but he has a modern body shape.

Perhaps you should make his body deeper and back shorter ( Rump larger) ?
Well, I am no artist, don't listen too much to me  Embarassed 

Ps, - what is ABC in "..Bouncer mold has many issues with his ABCs." ?  scratch

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:57 pm

Thank you for your input Susanne Very Happy I think maybe his barrel needs to be built out more? And possibly the legs are too long. I think his skinniness is making his back look long.

ABCs are Anatomy, Biomechanics, and Conformation. sunny Funny how it works out with ABC, when they're not as easy to learn as the letters ABC Laughing

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:20 pm

The neck looks too short for me in this pose anyway, despite the conformation of the breed :/

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next