Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:29 pm

I LOVE the expression on his face! wow! I will follow this... this is great! cheers 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:37 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Looks like an interesting project LeeAnn.  I think the main thing is the legs are a bit too long/thin for a Fjord, the neck is a bit too short and the belly needs to be filled out more.  Fjords look to be somewhat stocky and have more robust legs.

I've done a quick Photoshop alteration to show what I mean.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By the way, is that a red primer or is it just red spray paint?  It has a nice terracotta effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Thank you Elephas! That's exactly what I was thinking. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 pm

The Photoshop looks great, and I agree with Susanne and Elephas, his neck isn't too short, if we speak of older more stocky Fjords, and his legs just need a little more muscle to them. Otherwise, this was a great find and good luck! I can't wait to see it finished.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:14 am

I'm still saying the neck is too short - correctly built horse shouldn't have neck shorter than its head, especially in such stretched pose. Thick - ok, but not short.
Even stockier than old-type Fjords breeds don't have such short neck (like this Italian Heavt Draft):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even the photoshop simulation above shows the neck is too short.

Sorry for babbling about it on and on, it just bothers me very much.

EDIT:
Another example - look how the length of the neck changes with position (and a bit of perspective too) - its the same horse:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:42 pm

This morning...

off with his head!   Twisted Evil

He is filled and has some sort of metal rod inside him. Hmm, now to build longer neck!

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:50 pm

What an exciting project! I'll definitely follow your progress. Do you know Natascha Webers cute Fjord 'Sam'? It might be an inspiration for your boy Very Happy 
Here's the link
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Thank you Simone! Yes, I love Sam! Just wish I had the money for him Sad

boba_jagoda

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Very Happy interesting
I'm curious to see what will he look like
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:05 pm

cheers 

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Wow, that looks very interesting! The Bouncer is going to be a real fjord Very Happy I noticed too that there's some problems with the proportions but it seems your'e going to change the neck.. I'm very curious to see what kind of cutie you'll make cheers 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 pm

He has a new neck now, and is a bit fatter too Wink Photos soon.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Today's update:

The neck still looks weird... is it too long now? Or does it look weird because it needs the mane?

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 pm

It looks very good so far.
nice dratic sculpting! Very Happy
The fave look very detailled and pretty ...
I do think the neck is a bit to long now ?  No 

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:41 am

Good work! He's looking way better yet now!  cheers 
Hmm..maybe the neck is just a little too long?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:16 pm

I agree, cut the neck down just a titch and he's perfect. Great job so far!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: LeeAnn's Etchie Thread *Updated November 2nd   Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:47 am

I finally finished this Breyer etchie... etching is a process where you take an x-acto knife and scratch off the paint from a model horse. This is considered a "full" etchie, as the hair pattern is etched in.

This is a Breyer classics model a friend sent to me as a gift. Smile

Sorry for the horrible photos! It's very dark here now.

In addition to etching, I also darkened the mane and tail (with paint), repainted the hooves, eyes, and added pinking on the nose. I also glossed the eyes and nostrils.

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:40 am

Interesting and really drastic project! Laughing
Poor creature, you're using his neck as an accordion. affraid Wink
I think you can make a little photoshop to add the mane before enshortening it back. Idea flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:30 am

You're my favorite Breyer glossary! Very Happy
It ended very beautiful, congratulations! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:53 pm

What a beautyful horse Very Happy

It must be a huge job to make a Breyer etchie. I googeled [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and can see it must take days, if not weeks to make such a large model !!! Shocked 

Yes, as Roger says, you seem to know everything about the more unusual Breyer words, - great that you share with us  cheers

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Awesome, I can't waith to see her finished,  great work!! Smile 
jonesee wrote:
Good work! He's looking way better yet now!  cheers 
Hmm..maybe the neck is just a little too long?
I'm agree with you Jonas, the neck is  too long  Razz

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm

She/he is really beautiful, LeeAnn! Yes, that looks very interesting style to make a "repaint"! Before reading your comments I noticed there's something interesting in this coat and yes it looks so cool! It must have been a huge job to do it! Such a beautiful horse drunken 

I wanna see more your work in future cheers 

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks friends! I will try to get a closer photo of the hair pattern for you, if you're interested. Wink Yes, it takes a long time, especially to do the full hair pattern! I was given the model in June, and working on it on and off I just finished yesterday.

boba_jagoda

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Look very nice cheers
and does seem like a lot of work

I was just thinking - is there a chemical way to do this?
There is a technique to "decorate" empty egg shells called etching.
White vinegar is used to "eat away" the layer of the egg not protected by the wax.

So I am just wondering, if a skilled chemist could mix something appropriate, to chemically remove the paint whilst keeping the rest somehow protected?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next