Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28

Go down 
+47
Wilorvise
DestrierModels
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
TheSpottedCat
christinavanderschouw
Mgarat
Night Elf
Tarunyada
costicuba
sadie3112
Regy
JonasV
Kikimalou
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
Shanti
Dum_my
koniminiatures
Sassyscribbler
Bloodrayne
NightLioness
Bonobo
MiniZoo
Robert
scot(t)
Deseo
Damon
Florian
Fisva
A.R.Garcia
Pluisje1998
SyLoBe
A-J
Taos
persefone
boba_jagoda
sortepletter
elephas_maximus
Jetty
Silver Unicornis
Elros Alvar
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Miss Jane
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 2:06 am

Two more finished:

This guy started out as the Safari Ltd. "Audrey on Streaming Light" Gypsy Vanner. I cut the bridle off with an exacto knife and resculpted those areas, added to the belly, and filled in a weird hole in the feathering on one leg. Then of course painted him to a red bay Vladimir Draft!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Comparison with the original:

Now to decide what color to do the other one in! Laughing

And this guy you've already seen, but he went tacky on me so I had to strip him, and accidently left him in too long causing the original paint on the hind leg/quarter started to come off. So I had to alter the pattern on his side, which I didn't like anyway so that works out in the end. Eyes, hooves, and touchups all had to be redone. I like him much better now anyway! Very Happy After all this I'm changing his name from "Fox Calling" to "Pain in the Rear" Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:02 am

Beautieful repaints again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:52 am

affraid LeeAnn those are so beautiful! affraid
The gypsy looks absolutely fantastic in this color Shocked Loce her and can't wait to see the other one cheers
That huge handsome fellow just dropped my jaw. Stunning Applause cheers cheers cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:05 pm

The Vladimir model is wonderful, so much better than the original Audrey. You should send the picture into Safari Ltd, they might feature it on their Facebook page!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 2:03 pm

widukind wrote:
Beautieful repaints again :)

Thank you again Andreas Wink

JonasV wrote:
The gypsy looks absolutely fantastic in this color Shocked Loce her and can't wait to see the other one cheers
That huge handsome fellow just dropped my jaw. Stunning Applause cheers cheers cheers

Thank you Jonas Very Happy What color should the other one be? Wink

I won't be able to work on that one for a little while, I want to wait until my hand heals up before I start using the exacto knife again  pale  Until then I'm stuck with prepping, priming, and painting.

MiniZoo wrote:
The Vladimir model is wonderful, so much better than the original Audrey. You should send the picture into Safari Ltd, they might feature it on their Facebook page!!

Thanks! sunny I thought about that, but I don't want to encourage kids to start picking up exacto knives and chopping up their animals.... lol! I already hurt myself real bad doing that, I don't want that to happen to a little kid with much more delicate skin than myself.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:59 pm

Is an exacto the same as x-acto? scratch I never liked to use this kind of tools and I hope you recover soon. Very Happy
These are wonderful again and you have a special ability to choose names. Laughing Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:43 pm

I always spell it wrong. Laughing Yes, it's an x-acto knife. tongue Thanks, it's getting better but I still have to keep it covered. I'm glad it wasn't worse - imagine trying to explain to a doctor that you cut your hand open by chopping apart a plastic horse! lol! I think they would prescribe some mental therapy rather than something for the cut. Laughing

I pick names that fit the horse. I enjoy naming horses that annoy me. Laughing

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:00 am

LeeAnn wrote:
I always spell it wrong. Laughing Yes, it's an x-acto knife. tongue Thanks, it's getting better but I still have to keep it covered. I'm glad it wasn't worse - imagine trying to explain to a doctor that you cut your hand open by chopping apart a plastic horse! lol! I think they would prescribe some mental therapy rather than something for the cut. Laughing

I pick names that fit the horse. I enjoy naming horses that annoy me. Laughing

lol! Tell your doctor that this is a question of mentality! Wink I know about X-acto because in my group of friends we use to talk about brand names that turned in words that we can find in a dictionary. That's when a product is best known by its brand name than by its name. X-acto turned definitive but some not, many years ago, Kodak in Portugal was synonymous to camera (photographic), so, regardless of the brand, every camera was called Kodak! Laughing Fortunately it changed and it hasn't turned in a Portuguese word.
It is great that you're recovering... why don't you call X-acto to your next horse? tongue

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:16 am

Laughing That's interesting, I suppose I have a Canon Kodak then! Wink

Hmm, "X-axto" or "Question of Mentailty." I like both. Laughing

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 pm

LeeAnn wrote:

JonasV wrote:

Thank you Jonas Very Happy What color should the other one be? Wink

I won't be able to work on that one for a little while, I want to wait until my hand heals up before I start using the exacto knife again  pale  Until then I'm stuck with prepping, priming, and painting.

cheers
I'd suggest this Shocked
Or this! drunken

question Very Happy

Oh yes - I know how you feel - my finger is still not ok. Probably we should get armours Laughing

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:59 pm

I like the first one! I love you

Laughing I think I need to wrap myself up in bubble wrap.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Good luck Laughing

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm

A few more finished...

This guy was going to be a very dark black minimal tobiano, but wanted to be a seal bay instead.

Dark dapple grey Breyer G1 Draftie SM

I couldn't get the glare to go away Mad

[[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Nice work again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks Andreas!

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Love the gray one, LeeAnn! Shocked Also the first one has a very well made paint job Wink Great job again
= D

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks Jonas Smile

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Very very nice!! I like this seal brown color a lot on horses!! And the grey drafter, lovely! Applause
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Thank you Shanti cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Beautyful , lovely repaints cheers

How on earth do you make that grey pattern ? Shocked
It would also be wonderful for a roan Icey in summer coat I love you

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm actually working on a strawberry roan sabino TWH right now Very Happy Well, started it but then the sealer crazed and I had to strip and start over... so I'm almost done stripping him and can start over again Rolling Eyes tongue

For the drafter he's primed then painted in a white basecoat, then I drew on the dapples by hand, one by one, with a grey pencil. Sealed the pencil and applied layers of gradually darker grey pastels, mixed with a tiny bit of brown pastel. Eventually when I'm satisfied he gets sealed in Dullcote and the details (eyes, hooves, mane/tail) are painted then sealed. Very Happy I think that would look nice on an Icey! I've been trying to get my hands on a few Safari Iceys but I can't find any surprisingly - seems I can get any horse except that one. Sad

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Beautiful works LeeAnn, the grey one is especially beautiful. Very Happy sunny What a great work and on such small horse, wow, Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Thank you Anna! cheers cheers cheers I actually prefer working on the smaller horses, I think SM scale is my favorite Very Happy The larger horses take too much time and pigment.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Your work is always astounding. Fantastic job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Thanks Paige! Very Happy Such kind words cheers

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28   LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28 - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

LeeAnn's Customs Thread *Updated Feb 28
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next