Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Feel like an artist - my first custom!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:08 pm

This is my first custom. I always like to make one but I'm afraid of how bad I can make it  Laughing 

This Monday I bought a model I still have (hanoverian schleich mare) and I decided paint her.

I also found this hanoverian horse on internet and I fell in love with his colors so... let's go!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some black paint... and a bit of white... oh wait! white isn't easy to use...

And finally...

Some details in her nose in pink and dark pink color

The leg which I'm most proud of

All legs...

Trotting with her chestnut sister

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Nice work, congrats! Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Wonderful work there, my congratulations persefone!! Very nice work indeed Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Thank you two!

I'm not very proud with some details... I think I'll be better tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 pm

I think that for your first custom it is looking very nice! Very Happy Though, it is great that you're not completely happy and that you want to improve it. It is challenging ourselves that we increase our qualities! Very Happy bounce bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Muy bien hecho Ana!!  cheers cheers sunny  Para ser tu primer repintado esta genial, Shocked  cuando empezé los hacia mil veces peor que tu, Razz  puedes llegar a repintar asombrosamente con un poco más de practica! sunny 
Felicidades!  cheers cheers

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:03 pm

You should be proud! She's looking so beautiful drunken I love the color choice and considering this is your first one, wow. Black suits her well and yes, I like the legs too!
Here's my little tip if I can give it to you please Wink If you're using acrylics, try to dilute the color a bit with water, so it will settle to the surface even more better! You maybe need to do more layers, but you are gonna get a very nice result sunny Anyway, I LOVE her!  I love you 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Very nice!!

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Lovely custom cheers And quite good too for a first one  Applause 
The high socks and the broad blaze suits this mold very well.
The only thing I have to add is that it's hooves should be pale instead of dark, like the picture of the real horse shows scratch 

I hope you'll make more repaints Very Happy

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have to add is that it's hooves should be pale instead of dark, like the picture of the real horse shows scratch 

...Or they're oiled for a competition Wink  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:11 pm

jonesee wrote:
I have to add is that it's hooves should be pale instead of dark, like the picture of the real horse shows scratch 

haha, with those braided manes and active pose she does look like she's ready for a competition Very Happy

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
persefone

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Hahahaha

Thank u all of you; every time I open this topic and read your comments I'd like to paint more and more!

I put them dark because I have some problemas with white legs and I prefer to put it in this color at least I finish the white legs (because the color which is under the white ''eats'' white and I have to paint and paint...) I think I'll change in the future Wink
Back to top Go down
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:49 pm

jonesee wrote:

haha, with those braided manes and active pose she does look like she's ready for a competition Very Happy

lol! lol! Yes she does! Very Happy Very Happy 

Hahahaha

Thank u all of you; every time I open this topic and read your comments I'd like to paint more and more!

I put them dark because I have some problemas with white legs and I prefer to put it in this color at least I finish the white legs (because the color which is under the white ''eats'' white and I have to paint and paint...) I think I'll change in the future Wink

You should do more! I like her and I'd love to see more! cheers 
And hey, don't do it! They're nicer like this like you said.= ) Just get on the saddle and gallop away  Razz 

Back to top Go down
boba_jagoda

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 pm

she is very nice Very Happy 
I'm looking forward to see some new repaints
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Aaaaw I was sure the markings remainded me someone... I know that horse (not in person but know who is he). So you did a great job :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel like an artist - my first custom!   Today at 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Feel like an artist - my first custom!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1