Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 09:20

I couldn't wait to show you Very Happy  I went into town today and decided to have a look in the second hand furniture store for a nice display case. During my tour of the shop I noticed two things, either they were too high or too expensive. Then hiding at the very back of the shop was this beauty. It was exactly what I was looking for and for a very good price. My dad and I picked it up that same day and here it is...

It even has a mirror at the back!!! I simply can't decide how to arrange my animals. Should I have my african animals at the top or the middle or the bottom, or would the horses look better on top? confused 
I have a lot of african animals, and the rest are in small categories
-pets
-other wildlife
-horses
-farmlife
hmmmmmm scratch scratch scratch

Last edited by Schleichgirl on September 26th 2014, 07:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 09:38

It looks great! Looking forward to see how you'll end up arranging them  Very Happy 

Personally I constantly rearrange my display, so I have not any very good advice  Razz But I'd always want horses first  Razz

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 09:47

Great cabinet.... You can alo display them in a diadorama, just put posters of the right background over the mirrors... [ mirrors can look great but can also make it to crowded [ hope this is the right word].
looking forward to the see it finished....should be great.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 18:16

It seems just perfect for a collection! Every collectors dream! cheers cheers drunken Not jealous.com  Laughing 
You must be very happy with it! Oh, I like it so much! There's nice job to decide where you're gonna put them Very Happy 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 20:34

Beautyful display case  cheers 
And enormously useful, - with the mirrors you can see the other side of the models. And deep enough to make some really interesting setups Very Happy

I think it is a lot of fun to place the collection on new shelves, and you can always change, move alter etc. That is part of the fun  Very Happy 

Youi do not have to place them with a specific system.
I usually start my placing some of the larger ones in the back, and then I make groups considering sort of harmony in species and colours. Think of a really beautyful flower bed, where shapes and colours should be in harmony, but not TOO varied, so it looks messy Wink
Also I think it is nice if the groups are not only on one shelf, it is fine if a group spreads into the shelf above or below.
With the mirrors in the back, you can make something really interesting.
Something green also looks nice in the back, btw.

Laughing  Laughing Hard to explain, but much easier to do  drunken 

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 21:03

How excellent is that? Must be one of the finest little display cases I've seen. Glass shelves, mirror back and all.. You must post pictures for us all to see once you have it filled up, too!

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 21:05

Thank you my friends Cool 
I finished filling the cabnet last night, with the mirror at the back it appears that I have twice as many animals lol! 
It also makes the cabnet appear deeper and more spacious. I think that I will enjoy it as it is for a while before making a diarama. I can't help wondering will this be the first display case of how many more Laughing ??? Already the middle is crowded with african animals affraid but there is still space for more Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy A diarama will certainly be needed  Wink I could see how it could create a lot more room. Having rocks like ... http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t13038-my-new-showcase-diorama-of-africa
would allow me to move some animals higher therefore creating more space on the floor. Having trees is a must bounce  bounce  bounce And would be a perfect spot to place my fruit bat cheers  cheers  cheers 
Now, where is the tutorial of tree making that someone reccomended I would love to try that Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Last edited by Schleichgirl on September 26th 2014, 06:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 22:16

WOW!!! I just can't wait to see it  bounce bounce cheers 

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 22:35

Not jealous.com - Whahaha Jonas XD XD

Oh woow, must..see... photos! Very Happy :3
Congrats with your first display case Very Happy I'm so happy for you Very Happy
Go with the flow I'll say Wink Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 15th 2014, 23:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Not jealous.com - Whahaha Jonas XD XD

Very Happy Very Happy 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 01:17

cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Beautiful case, and I am sure it is even more beautiful with your animals inside! I can't wait to see photos of it filled! Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 02:26

Okay as soon as I get home today I will take pictures Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
I tried to take pictures last night but they came out so badly that they weren't worth showing Surprised 
I think that its because of the mirror which reflects the flash on the camera as you can see by my previous photos.  scratch 
Hmmm I can't use the flash, and its too dark without the flash, not quite sure how I'm going to do it. I need better lighting. confused 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 05:55

Okay, they really didn't turn out too bad after all. Here are the photos of my display. It sure is wonderful to be able to display them, they have been in boxes for too long. Not anymore Cool

This is the whole display...

Here are the horses...

And here is the side...

And here is the bottom level...

I know that the african animals are rather crowded Smile Remember theres a mirror Very Happy I don't have two of everything clown
Back to top Go down
Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 09:39

Wow, looks great! Applause 
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 09:40

I love it  cheers Especially how 'Princess' towers everything  Rolling Eyes  Razz  queen 

It is a nice touch with the mirror, and it seems it also reveals the owner of the collection  cheers Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 11:37

A very nice collection and a very nice case!! And it is nice too see you  cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 15:53

Great display, you did a great job arranging everything Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 16th 2014, 22:37

@widukind wrote:
A very nice collection and a very nice case!! And it is nice too see you  cheers cheers cheers 

So you did spot me in the mirror Wink I wondered if you would Smile
 Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 19th 2014, 01:04

Would you like me to continue with the time lapse? Or would you like to me to surprise you when it is done Razz 
There is still a lot of work to put into the collectors cave yet, so it is not finished. I have some more plans and there is still the curtain to attach around the bed Very Happy  Not to mention the diarama which I am planning on doing later on Very Happy So stay tuned Wink It is a pity that I cannot change the title of the thread to "the collectors cave" so maybe I should start a new thread for it. Are there any tips or ideas for the diarama? I will need to go shopping for materials at some stage and I'm not really sure what to look for. I am inspired by Florian's display case Very Happy  
Does anyone know where the tutorial of the trees is? I've gone and lost it now Mad  Cool  Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 19th 2014, 04:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow, looks great! Applause 

That is exactly, word for word (including the smiley) what I was going to say! cheers Laughing Congrats!

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 19th 2014, 04:26

Schleighgirl wrote:
Would you like me to continue with the time lapse? Or would you like to me to surprise you when it is done Razz 
There is still a lot of work to put into the collectors cave yet, so it is not finished. I have some more plans and there is still the curtain to attach around the bed Very Happy  Not to mention the diarama which I am planning on doing later on Very Happy So stay tuned Wink It is a pity that I cannot change the title of the thread to "the collectors cave" so maybe I should start a new thread for it. Are there any tips or ideas for the diarama? I will need to go shopping for materials at some stage and I'm not really sure what to look for. I am inspired by Florian's display case Very Happy  
Does anyone know where the tutorial of the trees is? I've gone and lost it now Mad  Cool  Laughing

You can change the title of the thread by editing the first post, and going up to where the title is. You can click and retype there, then click "send," just as you would edit any other post. Very Happy

Here's the tree tutorial: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You can find tutorials in our new tutorial section it the custom forum.

My tip is to make your diorama as you want it to be. Don't bother what other people want, it's your diorama so make it the way you want it. cheers Do you have Kinetic Sand in your country?

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 19th 2014, 04:46

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Schleighgirl wrote:

You can change the title of the thread by editing the first post, and going up to where the title is. You can click and retype there, then click "send," just as you would edit any other post. Very Happy

Here's the tree tutorial: http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t8676-tree-tutorial     You can find tutorials in our new tutorial section it the custom forum.

My tip is to make your diorama as you want it to be. Don't bother what other people want, it's your diorama so make it the way you want it. cheers   Do you have Kinetic Sand in your country?

I didn't even know that it was possible to edit my already posted posts!!! I thought only moderators and administrators could do that. How do I go about this confused  Thanks for the tutorial again, I really like those trees sunny
I will try and be imaginitive with my diarama, although I do love the idea of a waterfall that someone suggested cheers  Nothing wrong with a few tips, esspecially from people as creative as you guys and with experiance. I've actually tried to make a diarama before and really stuffed it up. I used sand and sticks from the beach and within two days my room smelled like rotten seaweed. It was so gross that I had to throw it out Sad  Shocked  Laughing

I had a quick look to see what kinetic sand was on the internet and it looks like exctly what I need for my African safari park Very Happy  cheers  See nothing wrong with tips  Wink

I will have a look around the shops to see if they have kinetic sand, otherwise I can order it online. I had a quick look and mightyape has it and trademe has it, those are New Zealand sites cheers
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 19th 2014, 04:56

Very Happy At the top of your post next to the quote/multiquote buttons, there's an edit button. You have go to the very first post in the topic, and you can change the title from there. Let me know if you can't find something. Wink

Kinetic Sand is awesome! It looks like real sand, but it's "alive" and moves in your hands! I use it for photo shows for my model horses. It doesn't make a mess and is easy to clean up. And it won't smell like rotten seaweed. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 19th 2014, 05:09

Thanks so much LeeAnn I can't believe I missed the edit button Laughing I am as blind as a bat sometimes
lol!  I am suddenly full of ideas for my diarama and cannot wait to get started Very Happy  Youtube is full of amazing dairamas and tutorials that I can learn from (as is STS). I think that I will create a safari for my african animals, I would like to have a schleich tree in it and a few handmade trees from the tutorial. I think either the Baobab or the Acacia depending on whats available Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   August 19th 2014, 06:05

Well I got started on some mini shelves today for my small collections such as
-pets
-dogs
-arctic and antarctic

The display cabnet is for large categories such as africa and farmlife and horses but the small shelves will be for the others Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room   Today at 20:16

Back to top Go down

My "collectors cave" time lapse random update on my room
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next