Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Moorlands Totilas

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
JonasV
LeeAnn
persefone
Damon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Damon

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

Schleich Moorlands Totilas Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:06 pm

This is a model with a very long story ...

It started off as the Hannoverian stallion. I ordered a body at someone who could make them really nice, so that was step one. In a couple of weeks he was ready and at my home, I was really happy with it.
Unfortunately the whole model, was kinda "bendable". It couldn't stand, you could almost bend the legs for 45°, really sad. It was kinda a waste of money for me.
I tried to fix a lot of stuff up, I tried to make new plateau's to stand on for the horse and tried (for the first time) to paint him.
Due to other reasons the time to finish him wasn't there. So I putted him in a box, in foil, completely safe.

Yesterday I took him out ....... He was completely bended, AGAIN. There was no way he could stand now and no way I could finish him, he was completely ruined.
So I made ANOTHER stand for him and tried again .......

Finally, this time was succesfull. So I was able to finish the guy today. Still, I wonder how long it will take for him to bend, AGAIN. So I'll show him now ... Maybe he will break next week, really, WASTE of money.

I was able to pull of some digital pictures (still not perfect, using another lens I'm not used to yet)

Right side
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Click for bigger size

Left side
Click for bigger size

"Front"
Click for bigger size

Last edited by Damon93 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://catralivumhorses.nl/
persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:19 pm

A lot of problems! But he is great, Congrats!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Totilas!!! What an awesome horse to do a portrait of! bounce bounce cheers Congrats!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 pm

What you could do if you didn't want to use the base is insert a clear acrylic rod into the hind right foot. I'm afraid he's going to bend and fall over just standing on two legs in the base. Wink

Damon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:15 pm

He's stuck in the base, I can't do anything else with it

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:55 pm

First, he's looking nice so such a shame you've been "fooled". I like the real Morrland's Totilas and I think it's very good idea to use the hanoverian mare to make a cust of him.
I know the issue with bended legs. Usually plastic kind of remember the position which it was made into. Thats why if you bend the legs to get a new look for your horse, it will be back in its original position. And you've noticed that yet. When I make custs horses and I wanna have legs differently I cut with a knife little incision under or top of the leg, depending in the direction you wanna bend the leg. I set the to the position I want and after that I add some clay to the gap and finish it. Maybe you can try that? farao 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Damon

Damon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:03 pm

The horse is completely changed with clay-stuff, so NO bending / heat process!

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Damon93 wrote:
The horse is completely changed with clay-stuff, so NO bending / heat process!

If the leg have been made with the "cut operation" and filled with clay it should not be bending anymore... So why it's still doing it I wonder.

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by jonesee on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:00 pm

The work on this horse model is absolutely wonderful  cheers
Is it the great, old mare from 2005, which has been transformed ?
Your photoes are really great, you must have a phone with a good camera Very Happy

Such a shame you had so much trouble with him , I admire your patience Wink  

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Nice!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 6:05 pm

great custom- and paintwork! And it's nice to see a little schleich version of totilas cheers

Though it's a kind of strange it is/was so bendable scratch The only thing I can think of is that it could be made with some sort of fimo clay baked in a oven... Fimo tends to be still (slightly) bendable after baking and I've no idea how the PVC of schleich reactes to the heat of the oven but I can imagine it might become bendable. However I would think it'll become normal again after some time and not stay bendy forever. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, enough of my "thinking-alout-talk" It looks really neat and I do hope he'll stay the way he is now!

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Damon

Damon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 7:33 pm

I don't understand why it's happening too.
It's just air-dryed clay, so I don't get the problem. There were two small stands under it when I got him and those could be (almost) completely fold without breaking, so I guess something was wrong with the clay.

It wasn't the mare, it was the stallion :)

Damon

Damon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 pm

I was able to pull of some digital pictures (still not perfect, using another lens I'm not used to yet)

Right side
Click for bigger size

Left side
Click for bigger size

"Front"
Click for bigger size

boba_jagoda

boba_jagoda

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:57 pm

He looks really nice cheers
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 3:41 pm

I really like it. I hope it doesn´t bend anymore!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Damon

Damon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Today I found an older picture, this is how he was in December 2013. And yes, he could stand with those small white things.

persefone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 5:43 pm

You chose the better Schleich model for them. The hanover stallion is quite heavy as Totilas. But you also put in it the same great trot, with his hand very up and his foot flying... It is a really god job
Back to top Go down
Damon

Damon

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:59 pm

It was hard to find a suitable model, really, really hard.

We both thought this one would suit the best in this position and it worked out great, at least, that's what I think :)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Moorlands Totilas   Schleich Moorlands Totilas Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Moorlands Totilas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: