Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!

Go down 
+72
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Jill
Caracal
Taos
Stripedhyena
Concavenator
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
alarikh
Advicot
spacelab
RtasVadumee
tjjtjjtjja
Steve170
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Megaptera
Jolly Reaper
Catman
Florian
jarda
kessan
LindsyCreedon
Tylosaurus
Iuri97
castlerigg
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
WhiteLightning Wolf
elephas_maximus
Brunno
Bowhead Whale
WILLYBACOMAN
Bluemoonvixen
ezra18
Chris Sweetman
Roger
NightLioness
Tarunyada
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
costicuba
HKHollinstone
sauroid
Kristie
Dutch Bear
persefone
blackdanter
sadie3112
lucky luke
JonasV
CilleDK
DaveScriv
landrover
75senta75
ulinuk
scot(t)
Tiermann
weaselfan93
smallscaleworld
LeeAnn
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:12 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The 2 so called Indian Foxes could be wolves, i think they were ment to be that...
But anyway after these 3 comments, a really awesome collection my friend!
Now you can see what can come together when your collegue collectors help you.
Even my name was between it i saw...
I think you might have one of the biggest fox-collections in the world, on which i can only sniff a little bit...
Shocked Embarassed

Thanks for your useful comments Willy! Very Happy These first canids seem to be miniatures of a large AAA mold that was used both as spotted hyena and African wild dog. As their back are straight and ears very large, I thought they could work better as wild dogs, though, hyenas fit them also very well. In any circunstance, they don't have a place in this fox collection. Very Happy About the Indian foxes, I think you mean the 2nd Indian fox and the other similar figure after it... they work perfectly as wolves and there's no way to know what they are really. The first Indian fox doesn't look a fox neither a wolf for me but who gave me it warranted me that it was sold as a fox. Very Happy Some of these figures of a cheaper manufacturing are really hard to determine what they are.
About the cute Natoon, Julie already replied and she is our expert in these caricatural looking figures. Very Happy
I miss you rcollection on Collectors Quest, I know you had some foxes still missing in my collection and your collection was always a good reference to collectors. Yes, your name are in this list and I have to add it on Albert Heijn fox once the first figure I received from you, the one pictured here is from DutchBear once it is in a better condition. Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 5:13 am

Tarunyada wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Roger wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ferrero Natoons Arctic Fox

The Ferrero model might be even a raccoon or common housecat or so, hard to tell...

I got the little booklet that came with it, and Ferrero stated that it was an Arctic fox Wink

Ok i must believe you on that, but the animal looks different, isn't it?

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 5:18 am

Yes, those cheaply produced figurines are often hard to determine indeed, they could be anything what could fit into the frame.
Yes, i thought already i did send you more, but for sure not foxes only, i think Susanne helped you out very much there! cheers
My collection on Collectors quest was vanished one day completely sadly enough, i think they needed funding or so.
So sad, in there was many many hours of work, and i have no place to put my collection again.
Thankfully i have all of those pics still on my pc.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
My collection on Collectors quest was vanished one day completely sadly enough, i think they needed funding or so.
So sad, in there was many many hours of work, and i have no place to put my collection again.

Ohh, Willy, I am so sorry to hear that ! So much work !!! Also it was a very fine reference for many unusual models Sad

Perhaps you should enter some on TAI instead now Rolling Eyes  Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 1:08 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Yes, i thought already i did send you more, but for sure not foxes only, i think Susanne helped you out very much there! cheers
(/quote]

Yes Willy! I can see Willy's blood in my collection, especially I remember that my first Britains I received from you. Very Happy
Susanne is enriching a lot my entire collection, not foxes only. But, as you can read at the opening of this topic, it is the joy that many members have in contributing to each other collections that turns STS a very special place. Collecting here is a huge pleasure, not a solitary hobby. :)

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

I believe that Toy Animal Wiki is not exactly the place you need to put your collection and update it once it is not a collections site.
Though, if you have pictures of series missing on TAI, it will surely help other collectors identifying their figures. If you don't have time to do it, just send pictures to one of us, editors, and we do the job with pleasure. Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 pm

That was not so nice indeed... Mad
No, i don't think dat TAI is the place for my collection also, but maybe i find dome time to see if all pics are there...someday... Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:13 pm

[quote="Roger"]
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The 2 so called Indian Foxes could be wolves, i think they were ment to be that...

Willy, back to this comment, do you think the 2nd Indian fox and further figure are inspired in the popular Marx wolf?
Not new additions, I am just showing below these two foxes/wolves together with Marx wolf from Tim's collection. I remember you commenting that Marx figures, the most popular in USA 50 years ago, influenced a lot the toy industry.

Marx wolf from Tim's collection

... and my two wolfoxes.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 3:36 pm

Lovely woxes cheers

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Nice :). yeah, I can see how the Wolfoxs or wofoxs or whatever we're calling them could very well have been influenced strongly by the Marx. :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Great!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:09 pm

I am pretty sure that those so called Indian foxes were inspired by the Marx wolf, and there you can see that those are wolves indeed.
From a lot of the cheap Hong Kong, Singapore, and later on China made models it was obvious they were made after Britians or Hausser for example.
But if you didn't knew those Marx figurines or similar brands, it was just guessing.
But since we know more about them know, you can see where the Chinese got their inspiration from! Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 12:28 am

Yes Willy and Laura, now I think these two wolfoxes don't belong to this collection? It is hard to reduce a collection, isn't it? Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:44 am

Who are you telling this?! I want to sell all, but in one time if possible!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:53 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Who are you telling this?! I want to sell all, but in one time if possible!

I know Willy, I know. Maybe you change your mind later. Very Happy Willy the Baco Man belongs to my personal history as a collector, I remember watching surprised your collection when I was not even collecting, just finding which figures I could find to my niece. :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 1:20 am

As you can see in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I received, among others, some foxes from Kosta.

Vintage Bag figures red foxes
From Kosta cat

Starlux like fox on wooden base with mushrooms and fir tree.
Bulgarian vintage souvenir
Wooden and plastic
From Kosta cat

Kaiyodo Takara Choco Q Series 6 Hokkaido Red Fox
Assemblable parts
Released: 2002
From Kosta cat

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 7:42 am

Great batch again Rogério cheers

One day, if I have grandchildren, I will tell them the tale of the tiger who was sending foxes to a croc  Laughing

I love you  the Kaiyodo Takara Choco Q Series 6 Hokkaido Red Fox  drunken

The two below are Heinerle models... Unfortunately the first one is a marder  Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:17 am

Very interesting new stuff, especially the Heinerle figurines that i dont know before :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Thanks Christophe and Andreas!
Christophe, I should notice it was a marten instead, I am getting a little foxcentric these days. Laughing Thanks also for brand information, I love to know it as always as it is possible. Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Great batch again Rogério cheers

One day, if I have grandchildren, I will tell them the tale of the tiger who was sending foxes to a croc  Laughing

Haha, this will be an interesting story lol!

Kiki, thank you for the brand info Wink
Just to ask... What ``marder`` mean`s ? You said, that the first fox is a ``marder`` ....

Andreas, I got these foxes from a website, which you gave to us :)
They were together with THESE ANIMAL MODELS , which are also very interesting..
They call them `` Grab bag figures`` ...but perhaps, the models are form different brands ...? scratch ?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:23 pm

A marder is a... scratch ... A marten Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Lovely foxes (and marten Wink ) Roger, congratulations! Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
A marder is a... scratch ... A marten Laughing

Ah, ok, thank you Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 9:46 pm

So, THAT is why you asked me if Imperial ever represented foxes!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 2:54 am

lol! ... and thanks LeeAnn and Vallerie! Very Happy

From Julie, together with some other gifts that I'll show opportunely in my additions topic.
I received these three foxes for my collection! bounce bounce bounce
The misterious 1994 M FOX, unknown brand, not being a spare from Julie's collection, she decided to join it to my other foxies. Very Happy
The "other" Play Visions bat-eared fox variant, this one is from 1999 and marked with number 2 since it is from Okavango National Park set.
... and being from Julie, a funny fox was also expectable Laughing a little crazy Ferrero 1996 fox, originally attached of a part of a tree that served to complete the tree together with other figures.
Info updated and re-sorted on first page! Very Happy

Thanks Julie! flower flower flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:35 am

HURRAAAY for Julie cheers
That PV model from the Okavango National Park set must be a true rarity Shocked

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!
Page 10 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next