Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not quite a model...

Go down 
+12
Shanti
sadie3112
Kikimalou
Ana
Zelvik
NandO
JonasV
LeeAnn
Fisva
widukind
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Not quite a model...  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Maybe... depends on if I decide I'm brave enough to try shipping international...

Laughing Let me know some details, probably I am brave enough! Wink

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 6:02 am

I'll let you know Roger. I think I want to play around with the paint a little more first now that I have some white... and probably seal it before I try doing any shipping...

Speaking of playing with paint... I tried painting a model. Thanks LeeAnn for the tips.

WIP - Bullyland Leopard
(yes, I know, I know, it has some glaring flaws.... especially the eyes/ face and that one side. I may try to get rid of the paint and restart if it gets too annoying...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:51 am

Anyhow, as I said, WIP.  Fixed enough I feel like I won't have nightmares about trying to correct it. :) Hopefully.

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Did you actually paint this one?! O.O Awesome work Laura! cheers cheers cheers Keep up the good work!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Laura, that's a challenging work and it looks really nice! Very Happy That's it, keep working and you'll surprise yourself! Very Happy
Oh, that's kind from you trying to improve the painting of previous figure to be sure you will send the best possible to me, though, don't feel obliged or any pressure. You don't really have to send it although it would be a pleasure to own one of your works. Very Happy

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:53 am

I think you've done a really great repaint- especially for such a complex coat pattern Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks all for the comments.

So, I tried repainting the fox since I have white now... It's coat is actually a little bit redder than the pictures show... sorry, choose the room with poor lighting for them.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to paint the black on the ears, so that's already noted for when i have a chance.  comments are welcome. :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Phantastic work!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Great fox! May I suggest some lighter yellow patches, as on the real animal? Its all up to you of course, but it might look a bit more like the real animal, but it is also nice how it is, I don't want you to ruin it.
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Hmmm... let me think on that Geospiza fortis.

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Cute fox! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:37 am

In the immortal words of my mother-in-law "leave the poor fox alone before you DO ruin it"

I may or may not have fiddled with it past where it was wise...
so, other than a sealant, I think it may be done...

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 pm

I really like the fox too... Laura your little animals are getting better all the time cyclops Very good fox!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:42 pm

Nice final product. The black on the ears made a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:40 pm

Looking much more foxy now. Charming too! Very Happy

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Ugh.. Well, we shall see what happens in 24 hours, after my attempt at sealing it.... I'm not sure I'm good at following directions... esp. considering the best-ventilated area happens to be 30 F, not 70F  - I'll probably move it inside tonight after some of the fumes have dissipated. So  cross your fingers (also I accidentally didn't think and tried handling it...)

In the meantime, I did manage to seal the Bullyland Leopard repaint, who was randomly dubbed Elsa by my mother-in-law. Anyhow. Yeah, I know, the eyes aren't quite right. But it reached the point where more fiddling with them would just make them worse. :)

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:35 pm

It looks very nice. Applause Smile

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Awesome work Laura! And huge congratulations you sold her! cheers I think you've progressed as a repainter, if that's a word, a lot! This one looks so good cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:09 pm

I love how original and charming your models are. So full of character and charisma. Smile Great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 am

Thanks everyone. :)

So, now that I've been told the repaint was met with at least a small degree of "nice" reaction, I feel I can share some pics. A good friend's son (7ish) just lost his doggy a few weeks back, so I tried to recreate "Patches" using the Papo golden lab and these pics:

"Patches" 2.0- not improved, but no feeding required:

(basically how face turned out, though the after photo was blurrier)

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:40 am

Great job! I can that you have really progressed quite a lot  Applause Applause Applause
It looks great. Sorry to hear about your friends dog though Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Wonderful tribute, Laura! flower

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Found a giraffe for a dollar at Target under name Toysmith. Still working on it but I think it's at least a mild improvement...maybe. gotta redo the head. As indicated by a sad son coming in and whine whine whining first thing about the color of the tongue... before I'd opened my eyes... it's ruined Wink

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Wow, these last ones are really great! Nice work!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:57 am

Challenging project! Shocked Really exciting! bounce Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Not quite a model...    Not quite a model...  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not quite a model...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4