Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!

Go down 
+12
lucky luke
HKHollinstone
costicuba
SpiralStrix
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
JonasV
LeeAnn
Fisva
Ana
SUSANNE
16 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Entelodonts much have been awesome creature, and no wonder I loved the one from Mojo from the moment I saw him, - except for the booring, grey colour  Rolling Eyes

When I saw the models that Kosta(Costa) had repainted, I thought : YESSSS! Here is the man who can bring my entolodont to life  cheers
Ohh, if only he will do it  bounce

It turned out that not only is Kosta a great artist with many talents, he is also an extremely generous and kind person ! Very Happy  Very Happy
At first he did not want any payment, but we agreed that I send him a few of my doubles, as payment, I thought  Laughing
But when I got the entelodont, it was in a box together with lots of wonderful models, - no less than THREE repaints, and a lot of other goodies  cheers

I will show the others, too, but this topc is dediceted to THE ENTELODONT par excellence  bounce  cheers

Instead of lavishing superlatives on you, I will leave you to enjoy  these pictures Wink

First Kosta e-mailed me a pen drawing :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then a painting . Thay were both in the parcel, and I hastened to frame it and hang it next to my work place :

Ta-daa ! What a transformation  cheers

To show the colours as real as possible, this picture is taken outdoors :

But the light keeps changing outdoors at this time of the year, so the rest are taken with a daylight bulp indoors  Wink

The name of this gorgeous critter is Kosta-lodont, of course Wink
cheers cheers cheers cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Wow, how amazing repaint! And the drawing AND the painting!!! Absolutely fantastic! Applause

Congratulations Susanne for this beautiful newcomer and congratulations Kosta for this lovely work!!! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Ana wrote:
Wow, how amazing repaint! And the drawing AND the painting!!! Absolutely fantastic! Applause

Congratulations Susanne for this beautiful newcomer and congratulations Kosta for this lovely work!!! cheers cheers cheers

I agree, this repaint is AWESOME!!! cheers cheers cheers And drawing is beautiful as well!!!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Woah Shocked I'm speechless! The drawing, the painting, the figure, everything is just amazing! cheers Huge congrats to you and Costa!

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm

This is wow! Shocked Gorgeous!!
Fantastic work, Kosta! I love it! So much better coat than the original drunken You are prett lucky, Susanne! Very Happy Very Happy Congratulations and huge hurray for Kosta! cheers cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

That's incredible, a new figure was born! Shocked It is great to see Mojo figures repainted, often their manufacturing painting don't give justice to their sculpting. cheers
I must say that a pattern like that could be more expectable to the hyaenodon but it was an excelent idea to put it in a daeodon instead. We only know fossilized bones so any pattern is more than acceptable. I hope Mojo, make a little investment in their painting and provide us a variation of these prehistoric mammals with a more attractive color. This Kosta superb work is a good example, no doubts. Very Happy
Repainted like that it almost looks an andrewsarchus but we can see immediately that it is a Kostalodont instead! Laughing flower

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Congratulations Susanne!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm

I barely have words. What a unique and incredible figure and artwork! He's stunning and so fun to look at. Congrats Susanne and great job Costa! cheers Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:37 pm

I haven't seen anything like it. Shocked What a marvelous and unique figure!

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm

wow affraid
Susanne you are great. Applause
Thank you for this wonderful presentation.
Nobody else can do it better than you !
This, what You wrote for me and for the history of our communication... wow..made me soo happy !
The colours look real with your wonderful photos. cheers
And soo many photos :)))) I love how you show every detail.
This shows to me that you like the result of my job and this is the most important part of the task that You set to me :)
And thank you everybody for your nice words, I`m happy that you like it :)
Mister Rogério :), You are absolutely right. The pattern looks more like hyaenodon. When I sent the picture of my project to Susanne, We both decided that will be interesting to see the Entelodont not so realistic..with this pattern ..and I`m happy that you like it too Wink)
Greetings
Kosta monkey

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Laughing Laughing Yes ! I asked Costa if he could make the entelodont really crazy looking, - well, not green with purple dots, but... Laughing

But I am not so sure the colours are completely unrealistic !
Look at wild piglets, they have stripes and dots, - and look at the Red River Hog scratch
Actually I believe that this colour is much more realistic than just grey cheers

Imagine that the big cats were extinct except the later species like lions and pumas, - we see the kittens have faint spots, but would never, ever dream of patterns like a jaguar or a tiger Very Happy

IMHO, we have to be careful about concluding about colours and fur from the animals that live these days.
Had we not seen frozen mammuths, we might not have know that they were brown/reddish, perhaps not even wooly - we might think they looked like grey, almost naked elephants Wink

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Wow, that's a fabulous painting and repaint, very striking colours.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Ana wrote:

Cool Cool Cool cheers Applause Applause sunny
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 pm

He is beautiful but a little bit crazy about the color ... HOWEVER, the difference makes the figure very amazing.

Congrats sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:20 am

Susanne and Kosta, I was not taking any conlusions about the realism of the color once it is useless. Who would ever finding a peacock skeleton know the beautiful and colorful animal it is?
I was talking about what is usually used in paleoart but it is quite boring when everyone do similar things. I do like this work as I said and Susanne's note about piglets is very interesting. Often youngsters, are the first way to understand how looked like their ancestrals or relatives. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:14 am

Roger wrote:
Susanne and Kosta, I was not taking any conlusions about the realism of the color once it is useless. Who would ever finding a peacock skeleton know the beautiful and colorful animal it is?
I was talking about what is usually used in paleoart but it is quite boring when everyone do similar things. I do like this work as I said and Susanne's note about piglets is very interesting. Often youngsters, are the first way to understand how looked like their ancestrals or relatives. Very Happy

I love this "discussion", - yes, who would ever think of a peacock looking like it does, from seing the skeleton ?scratch
Think of all the mistakes about the look of the Dodo, which lived so recently Shocked
Another example, imagine we only had the giraffe or only the okapi, and the other one extinct ( shudder!!!) - how would we figure out the look of the other one from a skeleton ? Very Happy

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 1:41 am

Gorgeous paint work, that's a wonderful looking creature

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 7:14 am

I missed this excellent topic, but now I am watching the pics for the tenth time in a row. drunken

I love the story and I like very much the paintings Cool Tigers and leopards are very colorful, entelodonts were not boars so it is a very interresting way to look at the animal. And the job is fantastically well done Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:47 am

Thankyou, guys cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 2:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, guys cheers

cheers
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:00 pm

I don't normally venture into this part of the forum but I'm very glad I did. Congratulations Kosta on a great repaint, but particularly for being so kind to Suzanne who is so generous with her own time and support of STS. She is very encouraging to the artists with her kind comments and thoroughly deserves to be spoilt in this manner!

Last edited by MiniZoo on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 4:10 am

Thank you Tim, Christophe and MiniZoo :))

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!   The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The MOJÖ entelodont, repainted by Costa !!!!!
Page 1 of 1