Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two new customs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
persefone

Country/State : Spain

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:19 pm

Today I tried it again. I chose two Chinese models which I have 3 or 4 with different colors and same model.

The first one is a horse trotting; the plastic is homogeneous. He was going to be a chestnut with all white legs. I have some problems with him. Plastic isn't good so usually ''ate'' the paint. But ate the paint by a heterogenous way; so some places were more painted than others and every place had a different color.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't have also a good color for this model. All the browns I have don't seem chestnut color so I had to mix them. It was too difficult to find the right color and I had to do a lot of mixes because the ''eating'' plastic. So I had to paint him a lot of times. Also the mane and tail were a problem; I haven't the right color and I mixed some yellow and black but I couldn't find the right color. So I tried one gold paint I had and fortunately mixing with the black color of the horse the gold became darker and it fits great!

I had also problems with darker color in the mouth. As a forum member told me I tried with water; it was great but sometimes, depending the place, the water went down and spotted the horse...

The second model! I chose a horse grazing with a surface imitating horse hair. I have A LOT of problems with that. First of all I had to put more than 4 layers of white paint because the horse color was still visible. After that the forms which hair done made me difficult to paint the horse; a lot of points without paint and it was difficult to access to them.

Spotted was easy to put. Maybe it wasted a lot of time, but not difficult. I searched some leopard horses pictures and I saw they were so solid and rounded so I tried to imitate.

I have a lot of problems with degraded. I put it in mane and tail. When I used water sometimes it went down and some WHITE parts became black again... what a disaster! I have to take a lot of caution. Some of this times the ''black river'' ended in the head; all the neck became black and I had to paint again 4 or 5 times but also made a good thing: the mouth take a darker color (isn't incredible!?)

So.. time for genital and mouth. Here it was easier because I used a very pale pink; but genital part isn't good enough; I have to change it.

And... that's all I think! I must to say it was more difficult than the first time because I used poor materials and also I chose more difficult coats. But I have to admit too I learned a lot.

Here my leopard stallion with the Knabstrupper Schleich mare

PD: sorry for the bad pictures; I haven't got a camera and I took them with my mobile phone. Also it was getting dark so light wasn't my best friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:51 pm

They are AWESOME cheers
Amazing what a good paintwork can do to a model !!!!
The colour of the chestnut is perfect, and I LOVE those knabstrupper-colours Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:07 am

Nice work!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
persefone

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:52 am

Thank you ver much; widukind and Susana!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 am

I think that those experiences and difficulties will surely help you improve your works in future. Very Happy
They look nice and it is interesting that you used China molds. :)
Some of your pictures are really huge and it is surely hard for some members to load this page. Let me know if you have troubles resizing them and I do it for you (800 px).

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Great job, Perefone! Applause
I like also those china horses they have something there... Very Happy And you did  a great job with the horses! I like them both very much.
I guess you saw my tip - that use water witch colors. Try to mix just a little water to the color before you paint it on the horse. If its not too squashy it should not be drain off. best luck with other horses you're gonna do and congrats! Very very beautiful horses you've made = )

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
persefone

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:00 pm

Roger wrote:
I think that those experiences and difficulties will surely help you improve your works in future. Very Happy
Some of your pictures are really huge and it is surely hard for some members to load this page. Let me know if you have troubles resizing them and I do it for you (800 px).

Sorry I know. As I picked the pictures from FB I don't kano how to make them smaller Embarassed
Back to top Go down
persefone

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:01 pm

jonesee wrote:
I like also those china horses they have something there... Very Happy And you did  a great job with the horses! I like them both very much.
I guess you saw my tip - that use water witch colors. Try to mix just a little water to the color before you paint it on the horse. If its not too squashy it should not be drain off. best luck with other horses you're gonna do and congrats! Very very beautiful horses you've made = )

Thank you very much!

So... I must try your tips in a new horse Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:47 pm

persefone wrote:
Roger wrote:

Sorry I know. As I picked the pictures from FB I don't kano how to make them smaller Embarassed

Persefone, the best is resizing them in your pc and host them in photobucket or something similar. If you have troubles doing it, please check our [[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section or just ask via pm one of our moderators, don't be afraid of doing it, we are not crocodiles. alien Laughing
I resized them for you, I think it looks much better now? ;D

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:11 pm

persefone wrote:
jonesee wrote:

Thank you very much!

So... I must try your tips in a new horse Wink

Good! Very Happy Keep doing them! You're welcome = )

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
persefone

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Roger wrote:
persefone wrote:
Roger wrote:

Persefone, the best is resizing them in your pc and host them in photobucket or something similar. If you have troubles doing it, please check our [[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section or just ask via pm one of our moderators, don't be afraid of doing it, we are not crocodiles. alien Laughing
I resized them for you, I think it looks much better now? ;D

Thank you very much cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two new customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two new customs   Two new customs Empty

Back to top Go down

Two new customs
Page 1 of 1