Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Info on the schleich collectors guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Info on the schleich collectors guide Empty
PostSubject: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A few months ago a noticed this book when I was trying to find a guide to the schleich oldies. Like with all books that I consider buying I have had a preview read on amazon, but in this case, impossible! It was all in a different language! Is this a good book? Would you reccomend it?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 am

This book is now very, very outdated, there are many figures missing even from the time period it was published, and some of the numbers are wrong. There are also "valuations" of each figure in the book which can be very deceiving and confusing. But if you just want the book for eye candy and don't have old catalogs, it's a good book.

PostSubject: Re: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:51 am

I have a few old cataloges that I got from someone here, but I thought that it would be great if I could just get one book with everything there.
Lee Ann wrote:

Lee Ann wrote:
eye candy

Laughing 
It is just interesting comming across old figures, and me being a curious monkey, I want to know what year they were made in monkey
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:56 am

It's definitely a lot of fun leafing through pages full of "dream" figures. It helps you learn more about them too. I wouldn't know nearly as much about Breyers as I do now if I didn't flip through pages of Breyer catalogs as a kid or spend hours in identifyyourbreyer.com . Now when I go to a flea market I can easily distinguish a Breyer from a Breyer copy or other junk plastic horse. Whenever I find a Breyer in a weird place and my father is with me, he always asks, "But how do you know that's a Breyer?" I reply with "I just know!" lol!

PostSubject: Re: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:06 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
It's definitely a lot of fun leafing through pages full of "dream" figures. It helps you learn more about them too. I wouldn't know nearly as much about Breyers as I do now if I didn't flip through pages of Breyer catalogs as a kid or spend hours in identifyyourbreyer.com . Now when I go to a flea market I can easily distinguish a Breyer from a Breyer copy or other junk plastic horse. Whenever I find a Breyer in a weird place and my father is with me, he always asks, "But how do you know that's a Breyer?"  I reply with "I just know!" lol!

When I started collecting in 2010 I literally carted my 2010 catalogue everywhere! Embarassed  I read it on the bus, at school, at home, I copied out every single figure into a seperate book drunken  I think that I went a little bit crazy drunken   Laughing  By the time the novelty finally wore off the catalogue was not in very good condition and I had to buy another one! Surprised  Fortunately I don't look through my catalogues much now, just now and then to see what figures I'm wanting.

Anyway, do you know of any other books which might be more helpful? I couldn't find any others.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 am

Laughing There are a lot worse crazy things to be doing than making a book of wanted figures. Wink

There aren't any other reference books out there AFAIK, but there was a rumor there is supposed to be a new Gaschers book coming out next year I believe?

I did enjoy this Gaschers book around the time it was published, but now it is more convenient for me to use internet sites like STS, tiewe.de, and TAI.

PostSubject: Re: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am

The internet is cetainly helpful Very Happy but there is nothing like turning the page of a hand held book Wink I hope that this new Gaschers book will be more acurate then the first one. Very exciting bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info on the schleich collectors guide   Info on the schleich collectors guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Info on the schleich collectors guide
Page 1 of 1