Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The first horse Toob from Safari .

Go down 
+9
Ana
Taos
landrover
JonasV
widukind
persefone
LeeAnn
ulinuk
SUSANNE
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The first horse Toob from Safari . Empty
PostSubject: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Lately Stecal has been so generous to offer several models for free  Very Happy
Among them a whole "toob" of horses, and I was the locky person who got it.
But more than that..imagine my exitement, when I discovered that it was the first variation from 2002  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Picture from the catalogue 2003 :

Qite different models than the present one, - and very interesting to know, as the horses are not marked Safari, but just CHINA  Shocked

The horses from the present Horse-TOOB , - of course they are high on my wishlist now  Laughing

They have to be entered in toyanimal.info, so people who find these Chinese models can see that they are from a Safari toob Wink

BUT I need your help !!!
What breed of horse are they ?  scratch
I have a good idea for some of them, but what do all our expert horspeople say ? The colours are not accurate, but let's forget about the "black stockings" on the chestnuts  Laughing

no 1 : "grey show jumper" ?

no 2 : "Chestnut show jumper" ?

no 3  : "Mustang ?" ?

no 4 : "Quater Horse" ?

no 5  : "??? Quater" ?

no 6 : "Percheron" ?

no 7 : "Tennessee Walker" ?

no 8 : "Morgan " ?

no 9 : " Quater horse" ?

no 10 : "Quater horse" ?

no 11 : "Percheron" ?

no 12 : "Arabian" ?

Thankyou very much for this beautyful set, Steve flower

ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Congrats! They are wondeful cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Wow, these molds surely get around! Shocked

Grand Champion used these molds for their micro mini range, then the molds were purchased by Breyer and are currently being used in their Mini Whinny range. I don't know where Safari fits into the line, I had no idea they were using them! affraid I wonder, since they are marked CHINA, if they are actually knockoffs of the Grand Champion ones? The detail is very low compared to the Breyer/Grand Champion molds, and some of them are slightly different from the originals. I do believe they are knockoffs!

Huge congrats! cheers cheers cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:40 pm

These are the mold names from Breyer:

1 and 2 - Jumping TB stallion

3 - Jumping Morgan Mare

4 - Jog Trot QH Mare

5 and 9 - Pulling Draft Horse? Very odd, looks similar to Breyer's pulling draft but looks very much like a knockoff.

6 and 11 - Show Pose Draft Horse

7 - Cantering TB Mare

8 - Trotting Morgan Stallion? This one isn't recognizable as a Breyer mold.

10 - Sliding Stop QH Stallion

12 - Playful Arabian Stallion

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks, Karolina Very Happy

LeeAnn, - of course I know that you enormously much about model horses, but now I am very, very impressed Applause
Thankyou very much for the info cheers

Only, - what is a TB-horse ? In Denmark it is an illness Laughing

persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Congrats! I was going to say the two first were holstein, which have some grey horses Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:14 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
LeeAnn, - of course I know that you enormously much about model horses, but now I am very, very impressed Applause
Thankyou very much for the info cheers

Only, - what is a TB-horse ? In Denmark it is an illness Laughing

Embarassed Aww, thank you! Smile

Sorry, I'm used to using all these horsey abbreviations and forget others might not know them. TB is thoroughbred. Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Congratulations! cheers cheers They're actually pretty nice!
LeeAnn's suggestions are good, it's not easy to see what horses they are. Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:48 am

wonderful illustration, dear susanne

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:24 pm

I have this old set of horses as well so it great to get all the info on them including the breeds! Smile

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Congratulations Susanne! What a nice set of funny mini horses! cheers In so many different poses and colours! Very Happy Very Happy flower
And how nice from Steve's side that he gave you this! cheers Applause

SUSANNE wrote:

no 10 : "Quater horse" ?

I think this is especially interesting as it seems to represent horse in interesting pose but also quite rare (at least I think it must be rare) colour. Isn't it liver chestnut roan? Like horse in this link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:33 pm

I am so happy that so many of you also like these little sweethearts cheers
Steve said he was happy they came to a place where they are appreciated, and they surely are Very Happy

Anna, yes, that one  I am not sure the one in the link is a liver-chestnut roan ...a roan would have dark face.
It could be a young chestnut turning grey to me , - they often have a period where they have mixed black and white hairs.

I was thinking of blue dun, perhaps scratch  But whatever it is, this a very nice little little model  Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:28 pm

What a catch, they are all lovely. Its interesting to see how far Safari has traveled, even with their toobs. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:25 pm

That's really fantastic that you've found the older TOOB, I suspect older versions of are not easy to find at all. Very Happy
That's also great from Steve that he is giving these figures to you and other members. Very Happy
Susanne, I already added tables on your pictures on TAI, maybe too early, I'm afraid, horse colors need to be added once it is too confuse for a croc. geek

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Wow, these molds surely get around! Shocked

Grand Champion used these molds for their micro mini range, then the molds were purchased by Breyer and are currently being used in their Mini Whinny range. I don't know where Safari fits into the line, I had no idea they were using them! affraid I wonder, since they are marked CHINA, if they are actually knockoffs of the Grand Champion ones? The detail is very low compared to the Breyer/Grand Champion molds, and some of them are slightly different from the originals. I do believe they are knockoffs!

Huge congrats! cheers cheers cheers

That's an interesting imput, LeeAnn! Very Happy Do you know when Breyer bought these molds? I am not surprised at all that Safari also used them once some sculptors that worked for Safari also worked for Breyer and almost surely also for Grand Champions. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:30 pm

I don't have an exact year Breyer purchased the molds, I did have it at one time but I can't find it. I'm assuming it must have been around 2004-2005, as this line came out in 2005.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Okay, this is what I did find:
These are  Creata/Winner's Choice molds sculpted by Candace Liddy. Around 1999, Creata stopped producing them. There apparently was a copyright violation by Safari used for their Toobs. Breyer bought the line and began producing them in 2005 and have been ever since. However, they aren't used nearly as much are they were previously.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Okay, this is what I did find:
These are  Creata/Winner's Choice molds sculpted by Candace Liddy. Around 1999, Creata stopped producing them. There apparently was a copyright violation by Safari used for their Toobs. Breyer bought the line and began producing them in 2005 and have been ever since. However, they aren't used nearly as much are they were previously.

LeeAnn, we need a new contributor on TAI for Breyer section, by chance, only be chance, do you know anyone that knows a lot about it? Laughing Laughing
Many thanks LeeAnn, it seems the micro minis from Grand Champions only have new figures introduced between 1997 and 2000. So, we are talking about a relatively short period. Criata stopped in 1999, the TOOB is from 2002 and Breyer used them since 2005. It is good to have someone with such a huge knowledge about horse figures like you on forum. flower

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 5:58 pm

I wouldn't say I know a lot about Breyers, it's just a passion. Wink

If you need me for anything just let me know. I'm more than happy to help. Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Roger wrote:

Susanne, I already added tables on your pictures on TAI, maybe too early, I'm afraid, horse colors need to be added once it is too confuse for a croc. geek

cheers You are SO fast, dear Croger Shocked
For those who don't know, Roger does all the booring work on TAI for me, - I just take pictures, and Roger makes tables and links and corrects all my spelling errors Laughing

About the colours of these horse, - hmmm, I think that most of them are fantasy colours, - For instance all the chestnuts have black mud up to their knees scratch
So it is not only our dear Croc, who is confused What a Face Laughing

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:34 pm

I am no horse expert but I think the #6 draft horse looks more like a Belgian and the #12 more like a Percheron.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:56 am

Susanne, tables again? Wink Laughing Thanks for your words but it is a pleasure to support your work on TAI. flower

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I wouldn't say I know a lot about Breyers, it's just a passion. Wink

If you need me for anything just let me know. I'm more than happy to help. Smile

I will, I will! Very Happy Many thanks LeeAnn! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 am

Tiermann wrote:
I am no horse expert but I think the #6 draft horse looks more like a Belgian and the #12 more like a Percheron.

Thankyou, Tim ! You may well be right.
The set is probably designed in USA, where Belgians are somewhat different than in Europe, where they are more compact Very Happy

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 am

Awr they are so cute drunken

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first horse Toob from Safari .   The first horse Toob from Safari . Empty

Back to top Go down

The first horse Toob from Safari .
Page 1 of 1