Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Beautiful work! Applause
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 am

Thanks Robert.

Here is something a bit different from around the time I did the English setter. When I was very young I got a bag of small plastic horses. The leg from a white horse broke off, and gluing it did not work too well, so it mostly sat unused in the horses bin. I wanted to give it a second life, so I decided to paint it as a metal statue, because an incomplete statue fares better than an incomplete horse. Laughing  So now it can stand comfortably on its scrap wood base and watch over the other miniature horses. The horse is 2.5 inches long.

(I also used these pictures as an excuse to photograph some mini cars: Matchbox Austin FX4 taxis, Matchbox '68 Citroën DS, and Hot Wheels Bugatti Type 57C. The little sightseer is from a Micro Machines Starship Troopers set.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just for fun (you can see the figure actually has a nicely sculpted shape):

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:15 am

Great idea, I love it Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 am

Looks nice :)

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Oh, you also collect car models? Interesting, now your horse looks like a statue in the middle of a town square. I needed to sell my collection of car models recently, money sometimes is needed for more essential things and among these models, a Citroën DS was one of the victims. It was quite hard for me but the unavoidability turned things easier. I always loved the unusual designs of the French brand and they were nicely represented in my aex-collection. I still preserve some Peugeot, not as radical but I like their models and history. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am

Thanks guys!

Rogério, I'm sorry to hear about your car collection. Sad  But, it is good that we can still enjoy this time of beautiful animal replicas, whether online or in person. Smile   I'm not a "car person" in the way that I'm an "animal person", but I like the artistic process of miniaturization. Many of my models were inexpensive and locally available, so I don't think the collection is of any special value, rather just what I find interesting. About the Citroën DS- it is one of the more attractive miniatures. This casting was discontinued before I started paying attention again to what was in the stores, so this is my only representative right now, found online. It would be interesting to know what designs you had- was it at larger scales that some of these kinds of cars are better represented? I don't have many mini car photos, but maybe sometime I will gather some together to show.

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:46 am

Brilliant idea to make a stature out of the old horse cheers

And what wonderful model cars you have !!! As Roger says, the impression of a town square is really surprising Shocked Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm

What a great idea and a cool looking model Very Happy Looks great with model cars around it too!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks guys!

Rogério, I'm sorry to hear about your car collection. Sad  But, it is good that we can still enjoy this time of beautiful animal replicas, whether online or in person. Smile   I'm not a "car person" in the way that I'm an "animal person", but I like the artistic process of miniaturization. Many of my models were inexpensive and locally available, so I don't think the collection is of any special value, rather just what I find interesting. About the Citroën DS- it is one of the more attractive miniatures. This casting was discontinued before I started paying attention again to what was in the stores, so this is my only representative right now, found online. It would be interesting to know what designs you had- was it at larger scales that some of these kinds of cars are better represented? I don't have many mini car photos, but maybe sometime I will gather some together to show.

Most of my models were not the most expensive and accurate ones once they are not really affordable. We had an expert on forum, was it Chris, the SweetMan? Mine were mostly 1:43 scale and some 1:18. Makers like Norev, Minichamps, Ixo Models and so. Also a lot of Altaya that are often cheaper versions of IXO. My favorites were classic cars from 1930's years. I retained a few Peugeot from different brands, from cheap to medium, all 1:43 representing cars from 1914 to present days. All modern miniatures, maybe my oldest is around my age.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am

Thanks Susanne & Anna. Smile  It would be fun to do more pictures with animals + cars/miniatures, but I can't think of too many themes- dinosaurs causing panic on the streets? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thanks for the information, Rogério. As I thought, those scales are more likely to represent more historical variety than the smaller ones; they are more "collector-oriented" I suppose. 1930s period is also among my favorites- if I can find them in ~1:64 (there aren't so many Laughing ). It is nice that you retained some to enjoy.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks Susanne & Anna. Smile  It would be fun to do more pictures with animals + cars/miniatures, but I can't think of too many themes- dinosaurs causing panic on the streets? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thanks for the information, Rogério. As I thought, those scales are more likely to represent more historical variety than the smaller ones; they are more "collector-oriented" I suppose. 1930s period is also among my favorites- if I can find them in ~1:64 (there aren't so many Laughing ). It is nice that you retained some to enjoy.

1:64 is a different kind of miniatures. Those are often targeted to younger people, they are more durable and often simpler. Though, they are a serious hobby among older collectors! Some iconic and very collected brands, fall in this scale. I think you could create some drama indeed using your dinos with your cars. Laughing Maybe 1:32 scale cars are more adjusted to the majority of the dinosaurs. 1:18 scale, works very well with many of our extant animal figures. But Anna made something amazing that works perfectly with your 1/64 cars, take a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)   

Back to top Go down

A's Repaints and Refurbishments (updated 01-10-18)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3