Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:03 pm

AMAZING! As always! I can't wait to see how the rest of the birds turn out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:21 am

I found these pictures from a 2012 custom- a really simple one. I had decided that the little Schleich badger cubs couldn't play properly attached to their base, so I cut them off and repainted their paws. I like them much better like this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 am

Great Very Happy Freedom for the badgers cheers

What about the other toob birds? Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 am

Lovely job

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:11 am

SO much better cheers

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Great job! Badgers must roam free Very Happy Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks ladies and gentleman.Smile   It is an easy fix I would recommend for anyone. I like to see the animals roaming free, but other little based figures might have more trouble doing so. If anyone owns the CollectA baby capybaras and feels brave I would be curious to know the results. cyclops

The toob birds robin is done and finally had its pictures taken so that should be coming soon. The cardinal is mostly done; I just need to finish up where I left off some time ago. I'm impatient for the rest so hopefully I'll do more soon... probably blue jay next.

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Very nice

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

The toob birds robin is done and finally had its pictures taken so that should be coming soon. The cardinal is mostly done; I just need to finish up where I left off some time ago. I'm impatient for the rest so hopefully I'll do more soon... probably blue jay next.

I can't wait to see them Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:24 pm

I also like better these badgers free like that. I think Schleich, with the new wild life sets, found a good way to give a new life to small sized figures that otherwise needed to be attached to something to be sold in their standard range. I can't recall if anyone made the same work with the pygmy hedgehog, I don't even know if it is possible at all. scratch :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 am

I agree about the sets, Roger. Only I don't know if this packaging will make them more of a "special item" affecting what locations stock them, price point, etc. As a child I always liked small figures and accessories.Smile  I've never seen the pygmy hedgehog in person but I bet it has potential.

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:05 am

Okay, here is the American Robin:

When we post pictures of small models, it really zooms in on the details, so for a change I tried to make these next two approximately life-size (though this may vary with different screens):

Again, like the original model, this painting represents a male, with overall bolder plumage and a darker head. Also note- the white tips on the tail should not be so visible unless the tail is fanned out more, so I will be adjusting this. I'm happy to have this model of one of the most seen and heard wild animals for many of us North Americans. Smile

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:37 am

Oh! very nice!

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:50 am

WOW ! Is that the Robin from the Safari Toob ? affraid

It is so beaytyful ! Amazing that you could make exactly the right colour and the fine details in the face cheers Applause

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 am

What a beautiful robin! It looks great in new painting! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Thanks Laura, Susanne, and Anna.

Susanne, yes, it's the Toob Robin. The group photo is on the previous page- I'm using that as the "before" picture for all the models.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Great repaint again Applause It is really beautiful Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Wow, he looks so real! Shocked

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow, he looks so real! Shocked

I agree! Shocked Beautiful bird, amazing job on such a little bird! Applause bounce cheers
*Now I want one...*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:13 pm

You performed a fantastic work with this robin, it looks fantastic! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Glad you guys like it. Wink

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:56 pm

GREAT job on the robin!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)   Today at 3:28 am

Back to top Go down

A's Repaints and Refurbishments (Nov 16)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4