Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:10 am

From, of course, Japan, Hikari aquarium food gave away set of aquarium figures. I only know that I saw them once about 4 years ago, and finally managed to get the one I wanted most--Potamotrygon leopoldi, the Xingu River Ray.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didn't get the others, but they varied from an axolotl and slider-type turtle to a red tail catfish, cory cat, zebra pleco, juvenile box fish and clown loach.

I have more pictures [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:25 am

Congrats. Applause

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:16 am

That's interesting but why don't you show all your pictures here instead of linking to a thread in another forum? If we are friendly and open minded enough to allow you to do it, I think we also deserve a full topic here and not only a decoy, don't you agree? Very Happy
Nevertheless, I want to congratulate your fishing and to thank your effort to share this wonderful creature with us.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:23 am

A really phantastic,  beautieful and interesting figurine!!  Big congrats!!

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's interesting but why don't you show all your pictures here instead of linking to a thread in another forum? If we are friendly and open minded enough to allow you to do it, I think we also deserve a full topic here and not only a decoy, don't you agree? Very Happy
Nevertheless, I want to congratulate your fishing and to thank your effort to share this wonderful creature with us.

Honestly, I was just being lazy--dropbox photos require manipulating each url.

But here is the whole range of photos

The figure is about 5cm across the disc, giving it an approximate scale of 1:12 (meaning that I have nothing appropriate to scale it with--a Barbie might be about right, but we don't have one in the house, or anything similar).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even the ventral surface is well-sculpted

Like many Japanese figures, it requires assembly (minor assembly) but fits well:

And now with a ruler, and tiny Hans, for scale.

Finally, a very small skin diver (I refer to him as Norman, although he may be Kevin according to Safari) gets up close with the Xingu Ray

But he shouldn't get too close--the detail on the figure is such that not just the barb, but the raised denticles and caudal fin are clearly sculpted.

It turns out, I could just copy/paste. I should have thought of that
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:02 am

Exactly Sbel! Codes are all the same. Very Happy Many thanks for adding these pictures and also for extra information. Very Happy 1:12 is too small for a Barbie! Laughing Schleich older dogs, Bullyland larger birds or even several collections of horses are in 1:12 scale. Though, I think that with all that provided data, it is more than enough to we see how large is that figure. I enjoy its appearance of a Chinese fan. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:10 am

Exactly Sbel! Codes are all the same. Very Happy Many thanks for adding these pictures and also for extra information. Very Happy 1:12 is too small for a Barbie! Laughing Schleich older dogs, Bullyland larger birds or even several collections of horses are in 1:12 scale. Though, I think that with all that provided data, it is more than enough to we see how large is that figure. I enjoy its appearance of a Chinese fan. Very Happy

It might work with a Barbie as a more typical household-aquarium fish; for a full size it would require a person around 6" tall, which is something I don't have. And I don't have a lot of Shleich domestic animals--the tough part is finding an ecosystem-appropriate figure at the right size.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:58 am

Congratulations for finding this rare and beautyful model  cheers

Roger, to get an idea of the size, here is Freddy swimming on a LEGO-block  Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sbell, I know that it is not very charming, but a LEGO block  for size comparison ( Andreas'  great idea ), but it is something everyone knows Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:57 pm

That's why I usually try to just use a ruler in at least one picture! There's no ambiguity there!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 am

Thanks to both of you. Very Happy I have already several sources and ways to see the size of that figure, I was only trying to say which known collections are in that scale even if they're not related with this kind of animal. :)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Nice critter and great walkaround I missed Sleep

Thanks

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Fri May 27, 2016 10:44 pm

I bought this figurine today, there is also a Albino version with yellow spots :)

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Sat May 28, 2016 12:32 am

I bought this figurine today, there is also a Albino version with yellow spots :)

Seriously? I kind of need that version.

Do you have a photo?

And congrats on finding one--they have shown up on YAJ a couple times recently, but seem to be pretty tough to win (I got mine when nobody knew about them!!)

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   Sat May 28, 2016 10:00 am

Seriously? I kind of need that version.

Do you have a photo?

And congrats on finding one--they have shown up on YAJ a couple times recently, but seem to be pretty tough to win (I got mine when nobody knew about them!!)

Sorry, my mistake. I saw now it is a other black ray with white spots. But i will send you a pm.

PostSubject: Re: Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray   

Back to top Go down

Hikari Giveaway freshwater stingray
Page 1 of 1