Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D

Go down 
+6
Saarlooswolfhound
Bloodrayne
Roger
JonasV
Florian
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D Empty
PostSubject: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:06 pm

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a lovely little dog, - kind and lively, healthy and friendly to everyone.
Or at least it used to be, - it has become increasingly popular, which is not always a good thing for a breed  Rolling Eyes
With popularity the breeding has not been sufficient selective, and the poor dog now tends to suffer from several inheritable diseases. Crying or Very sad

But it is a beautyful little dog, even if it has changed a lot during the later years, - as we will see further down Wink

The model from Papo is wonderful, a true Papo-doggie-model, and I am happy to show him here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The spaniel from Collecta was released in 2008 and is clearly of the earlier type, which may still be found in Europe :

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:15 pm

He's probably a really good guy. He looks very nice and more intelligent than his CollectA friend (but don't say that because his friend will be sad Laughing )
Congrats Susanne Wink

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:22 pm

I like him too! Don't know almost anything about the breed but he's looking good. Paintjob doesn't disturb me this time at all Very Happy I think if I was collecting dogs I'd definitely choose this one from all Papo dogs :)
Thanks, Susanne!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Great walk around Susanne, it is interesting to read and learn with you about dogs and their different conformations along the years. Very Happy
I confess I may be more used with modern cavaliers once the Papo figure fits better with what is my perception about the breed. Though, I think that it turns also CollectA figure in an interesting model. Very Happy
As far as I can see, this dog figure has everything to be successful, it has a good level of realism and keeps all the loveliness of the animal. Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Any chance on a pic (for size comparision) with cute Cavalier together with newest
Husky and Weimaraner or scottish Terrier/or older Big Dane, Poodle and Rough Collie?

sunny

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:40 pm

He's adorable, big congrats Susanne! I didn't used to love spaniel type dogs, until my stray turned out to be a cocker spaniel, now I see how great this little group of dogs is. Great pics of a wonderful "type."

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:33 am

He's cute, congrats! Very Happy

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:28 am

The painting is bad. I wonder would it be better with retouching of the airbrush....
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 8:24 am

Thankyou, friends Very Happy

Seeway wrote:
The painting is bad. I wonder would it be better with retouching of the airbrush....

Hmmm, I really like the paintwork  - look :

They have tried to show how the colours of the fur blends at the edges where the fur is long Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:01 am

Nice dog newcomer!! Congratulations Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:36 pm

I see, Susanne, make sense.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Seeway wrote:

..Does Papo use airbrush at all? scratch

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Yes, quite many of papo are airbrushed.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Seeway wrote:
Yes, quite many of papo are airbrushed.
Didn't know that, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:11 am

WOW beautiful manufacturing

PostSubject: Re: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D   The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Papo 2014 :-D
Page 1 of 1